Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
He said there will be about 20 scenes. If you mean total individual animations then yeah I agree the number might get much higher.
I see the mistake you made. He said there'd be 20 scenes to unlock in the GALLERY. So yes my assumption of 50-150 ANIMATIONS is still valid.

It has been said before, but some people need to vent. And what better place than the thread of the game.
Yes some might go too far attacking him, but some also go too far defending him.
And there are others who are just observing.

What is your constant defending of him leading to as well?
You seem to be the one who's taking the hardest. Take it easy. Most people are having a laugh by this time.

ICSTOR is a human being after all. He has feelings. The number of "attackers" are way higher than the number of "defenders".
I'd much rather defend and praise him so that he continues developing the game, at a high level, and not just for the sake of it or as money as the only motivator.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
After the so called delay, did he personally say that the release is gonna be on the first week of sept? or people was just "Expecting" it to be release since they "Think" that everything is okay?. and also at aug 29 he said "Unfortunately, we haven't managed to get everything completed this month so we have to push this release a little bit" did he say anything else? like ETA of the release?
"After the so called delay", are you suggesting it wasn't really a delay? Hate to break it to you but that's what Icstor called it: "I promise that this is the last delay and we’ll try to release the updates every 2-3months... (source: here)"

And you are exactly right people were "expecting" an early september release because they "thought" everything was okay and that was based on the information they were given. 3 weeks earlier an August release was painted as realistic, that didn't happen but according to Icstor: "The progress is going really well."

If only someone could have provided more accurate information that there are still 6 weeks to go:unsure:

Last edited:

sucklamator

May 2, 2017
You really don't see any problems/inconsistencies?

August 8th:
I’m working all day and doing everything I can do to release this extra large version this month. I hope I’ll manage to do it without any delays.

August 29th:
The progress is going really well. (...) Unfortunately, we haven't managed to get everything completed this month so we have to push this release a little bit.

September 15th
game goes into testing.

September 23rd
I also had a lot of problems with my rendering software (...) If it comes to release date I can't give any but you can expect the beta version somewhere around ~10th October.

As I see it there are two options: There was either no way for 0.6 to come out in August and he suggested otherwise or he did have problems in August and didn't tell anyone until he missed his deadline by 3 weeks. People were expecting the update in early september because he said "The progress is going really well" not "I'm having problems don't expect the update for another month".
Regardless of what he suggested you can use the percentage he provides to calculate when the update is probably going to go to testing. When you get in august and you see that the percentage is 70-80 (i don't remember the exact number) and the last 2 months it moved about 20 percent and suddently you expect everything to be done within a month then it's your fault. Also he never gave exact dates about the update he says "i expect it to come out then...". And as for the issues he had, why is it so impossible to be true ? It seems everyone is quick to forget that he was pretty consistent with his previous updates with no major delays but when he does delay one update out of 6 suddently everyone gets their pitchforks out and start blaming him. Everyone was saying the best things for a year and suddently people want to throw him to the fire because he delayed an update to put more content in. He said everyone who pledged previous is going to get the update, so he doesn't screw previous supporters. At the end of the day he is the creator and he decides how much content he puts in the update and when it comes out so if for whatever reason anyone doesn't agree, they can just leave, no one is forcing anyone to support him.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
Sure I haven't seen the update. I'm going by what Icstor himself said. New update is supposed to have ~2200 renders and took ~7.5 months. 0.4 had over 1200 renders and took ~2.75 months

As I said before, this wouldn't be a problem to me if he hadn't missed his latest estimate by over a month when he 3 weeks earlier said he's trying to release it on time.
That was him being dishonest. There is no way he underestimated the work left to be done by 6 weeks. I also doubt he had significant computer problems as there wasn't any mention of them when he delayed the update in late August. You can't come back later when you weren't transparent at the time.

I'm sure the update will be good and will probably be double the size of 0.5 or even 0.4 but when a developer who has rushed several games now to move on to his next project, takes a break because he was burned out and than comes back and misses his deadlines by a large margin, I think it is reasonable to be concerned about the future of the game.

It's been just ~190 days** in total that he's been developing 0.6, so a little over 6 months, 0.4 took around 2 months. He has announced 2300+ renders till date. 0.4 was focused on one major storyline and one minor, in 0.6 it's 2 major and one minor. 0.4 had 93 animations, 0.6 will have more than that (fingers crossed).
Now include the factors like his mental wear and tear, the story development and direction, there is no way he could've planned out what to do when and executed it to perfection.
0.4 as the name indicates was much earlier in the story, it was more like reinforcing the foundation even if relationship lvl reached 4/5. Now comes the good parts. Also, the posing and rendering those fucking scenes are more difficult than the rest.
That's one big reason most devs don't put in sex scenes in the initial updates.

In essence, he is being hounded even after he honestly expressed that he is mentally fatigued, just for being a little late. This is the time he should be supported

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
When you get in august and you see that the percentage is 70-80 (i don't remember the exact number) and the last 2 months it moved about 20 percent and suddently you expect everything to be done within a month then it's your fault.
It's my fault for believing the estimates that he upheld until August 29th and not do my own calculations?? Should I have messaged him like: "Hey man I know you think you can do this but let me level with you, I did the math..."
If I did that I'd expected the update in July since it was done 65% before he went on break in April and came back in mid May. Neighbors are supposed to be about ~250 renders out of ~2200 so they really shouldn't make a huge difference.

Also he never gave exact dates about the update he says "i expect it to come out then...".
And he missed it by 6 weeks. Pretty rough estimate, eh?

And as for the issues he had, why is it so impossible to be true ?
Not saying it's impossible. I'm saying if he did have software problems why didn't he tell anyone in August and instead said "The progress is going really well"? Why not be transparent at the time?

As for the rest, as I said I have nothing against anyone supporting Icstors or anything against him personally. What I am saying is that criticism against him is warranted as he is at the very least dishonest by ommiting information.

bearhug

Dec 24, 2018
"After the so called delay", are you suggesting it wasn't really a delay? Hate to break it to you but that's what Icstor called it: "I promise that this is the last delay and we’ll try to release the updates every 2-3months... (source: here)"

And you are exatcly right people were "expecting" an early september release because they "thought" everything was okay and that was based on the information they were given. 3 weeks earlier an August release was painted as realistic, that didn't happen but according to Icstor: "The progress is going really well."

If only someone could have provided more accurate information that there are still 6 weeks to go:unsure:
Hmmmm If only people can see in the future and provide accurate information, that would be good to. people are expecting a 100% success rate on everything people do this days. and no i wasn't suggesting that the delay was not real, i could have worded that better but since English isn't my first language i'm sorry about that. The thing is why are people expecting a date on their own? and then getting angry if that said release date that they thought off wasn't accomplish?. and 2nd how did those people even accurately measure the progress and told themselves that 3 weeks earlier in august after the delay can be painted as a "realistic" release date?.

sucklamator

May 2, 2017
It's my fault for believing the estimates that he upheld until August 29th and not do my own calculations?? Should I have messaged him like: "Hey man I know you think you can do this but let me level with you, I did the math..."
If I did that I'd expected the update in July since it was done 65% before he went on break in April and came back in mid May. Neighbors are supposed to be about ~250 renders out of ~2200 so they really shouldn't make a huge difference.

And he missed it by 6 weeks. Pretty rough estimate, eh?

Not saying it's impossible. I'm saying if he did have software problems why didn't he tell anyone in August and instead said "The progress is going really well"? Why not be transparent at the time?

As for the rest, as I said I have nothing against anyone supporting Icstors or anything against him personally. What I am saying is that criticism against him is warranted as he is at the very least dishonest by ommiting information.
It's your fault yes cause it's your money and it's not his job to tell you how you should pledge. That's why he gives you that percentage otherwise he would just and that's it. And for an update of that size yes i can easily imagine it being delayed 6 weeks because of render issues, etc. It's not for you to say how long it should take cause you don't know and neither does anyone else, how long the renders take. You dont know exact figures about the quality the exact system and also if there where any screwups during the process. As for not being transparent i think he was, he doesn't win anything by being a liar so that probably happened after that post. And as i said in his post he says that supporters of the previous months will receive the update, so any mistakes by his part will not effect people that already paid.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
As I said before, this wouldn't be a problem to me if he hadn't missed his latest estimate by over a month when he 3 weeks earlier said he's trying to release it on time.
That was him being dishonest. There is no way he underestimated the work left to be done by 6 weeks. I also doubt he had significant computer problems as there wasn't any mention of them when he delayed the update in late August. You can't come back later when you weren't transparent at the time.

I'm sure the update will be good and will probably be double the size of 0.5 or even 0.4 but when a developer who has rushed several games now to move on to his next project, takes a break because he was burned out and than comes back and misses his deadlines by a large margin, I think it is reasonable to be concerned about the future of the game.

It's been just ~190 days** in total that he's been developing 0.6, so a little over 6 months, 0.4 took a little more than 3 months. He has announced 2300+ renders till date. 0.4 was focused on one major storyline and one minor, in 0.6 it's 2 major and one minor. 0.4 had 93 animations, 0.6 will have more than that (fingers crossed).
Now include the factors like his mental wear and tear, the story development and direction, there is no way he could've planned out what to do when and executed it to perfection.
0.4 as the name indicates was much earlier in the story, it was more like reinforcing the foundation even if relationship lvl reached 4/5. Now comes the good parts. Also, the posing and rendering those fucking scenes are more difficult than the rest.
That's one big reason most devs don't put in sex scenes in the initial updates.

In essence, he is being hounded even after he honestly expressed that he is mentally fatigued, just for being a little late. This is the time he should be supported

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
[/QUOTE]
Still nobody force him to add more content,especialy for a side on square characters.If he realy wanted to add something more,why not make some scenes with Sara?Or deal with the cliffhanger with Linda?
Probably you don't know but last 2 games he end both suddenly.I can't even call that ending.He just get rid of them and start Milfy CIty.

Reactions: Jarul and Jaun Karr
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes