Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
People sure are crazy about this game. Poor Icstor has too much stress to endure to the point where he needs to pull the wool over people's eyes to alleviate it.

• Angry
Reactions: Jaun Karr

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Just mentioned about this on Patreon, DM sent to him, and a post in the community section too. As well as commenting on Discord. Way to go there pal, keeping people in the loop as always.

View attachment 443289

NB: Take note of the above, just a little aside to those who seem to think that I think he's my favourite Dev. As I said earlier, he aint.
Trying to get banned from his discord? :)

Implemented bugs don't spread on their own. They are different from a virus or a worm where the intention of the programmer is for it to spread. Icstor also just admitted they are simply not done.

I noticed he left it vague why animations haven't been implemented yet. The statements about how the beta won't have animations and how there were game-breaking bugs weren't really connected. I'd say he did so on purpose to mislead people (like yourself) into thinking there were only bugs to iron out. Similar to when the game went into "testing" 6 weeks ago when it's now apparent the content wasn't even close to 100% finished.
To me, "the only thing that will be missing from this version are the animations, those will be added after the beta" means "I haven't done the animations yet". Not "the animations are done, but I can't figure out how to get Ren'Py to play them, even though we've done that many times before". I don't think he was trying to mislead people with THIS turn of phrase.

• Haha
Reactions: Q Who and boxedjack

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
Relax, we can play Melody this weekend with full animated scenes. It is as much anticipated as the animations here (and Some1 mentiont 300 pages ago, that he wonders what we'll have first: the 0.6 or Melody :D)

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
To me, "the only thing that will be missing from this version are the animations, those will be added after the beta" means "I haven't done the animations yet". Not "the animations are done, but I can't figure out how to get Ren'Py to play them, even though we've done that many times before". I don't think he was trying to mislead people with THIS turn of phrase.
That's fair, it is how I read it as well, knowing there is virtually no chance the implementation is causing errors. However Namber4 and distefano54 are just two examples on the last page that read: "Animations will be added after the Beta - Beta will last longer - Beta has a lot of bugs" as "Animations are causing bugs."

In addition to that, the game had been in testing for weeks at that point. So everyone presumed the animations were finished, potentially adding to the confusion when it was announced they'd be missing from the beta.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
That's fair, it is how I read it as well, knowing there is virtually no chance the implementation is causing errors. However Namber4 and distefano54 are just two examples on the last page that read: "Animations will be added after the Beta - Beta will last longer - Beta has a lot of bugs" as "Animations are causing bugs."

In addition to that, the game had been in testing for weeks at that point. So everyone presumed the animations were finished, potentially adding to the confusion when it was announced they'd be missing from the beta.
Yeah, it would be nice if he wrote plainly, but it seems that he's not the most transparent dev, so we need to interpret everything as "I'm not done yet", until the final release.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Yeah, it would be nice if he wrote plainly, but it seems that he's not the most transparent dev, so we need to interpret everything as "I'm not done yet", until the final release.
This is the most obnoxious thing about his Patreon posts, not only are they very scarce, you always have to read between the lines to get the whole picture/truth.
Remember when he promised to work hard to keep his schedule, yet already worked out a fully fledged contingency plan if not? Dead giveaway that the game was already delayed right there, he just didn't have the courage to tell us.

The only dev that comes to mind that is even worse than him at communicating is Aorrta.

Last edited:

distefano54

Jul 3, 2018
Implemented bugs don't spread on their own. They are different from a virus or a worm where the intention of the programmer is for it to spread. Icstor also just admitted they are simply not done.

I noticed he left it vague why animations haven't been implemented yet. The statements about how the beta won't have animations and how there were game-breaking bugs weren't really connected. I'd say he did so on purpose to mislead people (like yourself) into thinking there were only bugs to iron out. Similar to when the game went into "testing" 6 weeks ago when it's now apparent the content wasn't even close to 100% finished.
I thought it was pretty obvious my post was attempting to be silly/humorous/sarcastic :)

• Haha
Reactions: boxedjack

elmpark

Mar 13, 2019
Hi all - whenever I try and add back in my save files to 0.6 I get a traceback error and cant continue. ive put the save files in different places (on c:\users roaming section and the save folder as well / or instead) - and used different save files, some from here as well as my own - but every time I put one in I get a fatal traceback error - could someone explain how I put the saves in properly? many thanks. I do still have the 0.5 version on my drive - could that be an issue?

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Hi all - whenever I try and add back in my save files to 0.6 I get a traceback error and cant continue. ive put the save files in different places (on c:\users roaming section and the save folder as well / or instead) - and used different save files, some from here as well as my own - but every time I put one in I get a fatal traceback error - could someone explain how I put the saves in properly? many thanks. I do still have the 0.5 version on my drive - could that be an issue?
NO, normaly you don`t need to do anything !!!! Just extract the new loaded version (I have a folder VN, where ALL my VNs are, and I extract all new versions there) and then start new version, your saves should be loadeble !!!! When I start playing a new version, I check, that my saves are loadebel (and working), then I just delete old version folder !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: SubtleHustle

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Maybe just a cameo with Linda and Sarah teasing MC more?
The game gonna be like 4GB when the animations are out.
What I want for the next update is like a whole 1 Gigabite of content for Sara! xD
Just forget about the rest and also do Sara's ending while you at it! That is, of course, like 3 GB on top of that.
You know what just remove everybody and call this game "Sara & The City"

Apr 15, 2019
The game gonna be like 4GB when the animations are out.
What I want for the next update is like a whole 1 Gigabite of content for Sara! xD
Just forget about the rest and also do Sara's ending while you at it! That is, of course, like 3 GB on top of that.
You know what just remove everybody and call this game "Sara & The City"
You're killing me lol

Reactions: Urusaisenpai
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes