Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
You forgot that his "therapist" pushed his Mom into an incestous relationship with her son in order to gain first hand material on that issue and likely write a book about it makeing her famous.
While I agree about the depravity of the whole Story there is nothing that could have burned him out except his lack of concentration and laziness.
Well, didnt see that part... so that was a mild spoiler lol but that makes the therapist even WORSE. Thats hilarious.

Well... I guess as someone who writes/paints, I am more empathetic of my fellow artists than most...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well, didnt see that part... so that was a mild spoiler lol but that makes the therapist even WORSE. Thats hilarious.

Well... I guess as someone who writes/paints, I am more empathetic of my fellow artists than most...
It's part of Linda's story as she has phone calls with Judy and subtly admits to have taken Therapy sessions when she noticed her sexual attraction to the MC and stuff

Also if you are an artist yourself you should despice ICStor even more as he uses the term "Burn out" out of context and give creative persons a rather bad image.
Aside of his misusage of the term he used to blatantly lie to his supporters and contradicting himself while doing so, makeing it obvious that it's all a calculated move to keep the money flowing

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
It's part of Linda's story as she has phone calls with Judy and subtly admits to have taken Therapy sessions when she noticed her sexual attraction to the MC and stuff

Also if you are an artist yourself you should despice ICStor even more as he uses the term "Burn out" out of context and give creative persons a rather bad image.
Aside of his misusage of the term he used to blatantly lie to his supporters and contradicting himself while doing so, makeing it obvious that it's all a calculated move to keep the money flowing
With how things are... given there is ALOT of content to work through as it is with ANIMATED sex scenes, I feel people have gotten decent value for their patronage atm... but it seems you don't and I can agree that you DO have a valid point about not closing things out for the fans who have supported the dev. At some point, you need to try to work through it and beat the feeling of burnout and run with it... but then again, this is how I would react...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
With how things are... given there is ALOT of content to work through as it is with ANIMATED sex scenes, I feel people have gotten decent value for their patronage atm... but it seems you don't and I can agree that you DO have a valid point about not closing things out for the fans who have supported the dev. At some point, you need to try to work through it and beat the feeling of burnout and run with it... but then again, this is how I would react...
...Let me answer this ICStor style :devilish:
"I am burned out from this conversation"
He used to Update the game with little more than a few month in between for until 0.4, than it gradually took him longer...
0.6 took him an entire year and had roughly about the same amount of content than the previous game releases... he took a 2 month holiday from the game at that time (admitting to it) while stateting the game was 60% complete... even half a year later nothing had been done and he stated the release was about 40% done.
Eventually he released a game version without any animations and another 3-4 month later he finally released 0.6e withh all animations (he had claimed to have worked on some real animations instead of 3-4 picture loops, but that's what everyone got).
Now we are close to the previous deadline and already know that the claimed 80% complete are a big pile of excrements.
ICStor is working on another project and Milfy City lies bleeding...

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I still think this should be suable... Patreon developed games need to have a failsafe.
Except it's all freely given money and never once promised a product. Patrons are supporters/backers. He's not on a payroll.
If he was a game company that promised a game using the public's money, then he would be liable to be sued for damages.
Nobody on Patreon is liable for anyone's lost money.
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he's using $1 bills as toilet paper.

If you want, you can contact Patreon about his supposed breaches of contract. See if they care enough. They're making pots of money off his pots of money. And Patreon LOVES pots of money.
Sure, if enough people complain, they'll take notice. But that's not happening.
Besides I don't see what grounds you have to complain if you're not supporting him.
I'm disappointed in the lack of updates as well but as I'm not supporting him I figure I don't have any reason to complain.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Except it's all freely given money and never once promised a product. Patrons are supporters/backers. He's not on a payroll.
If he was a game company that promised a game using the public's money, then he would be liable to be sued for damages.

If you want, you can contact Patreon about his supposed breaches of contract. See if they care enough. They're making pots of money off his pots of money. And Patreon LOVES pots of money.
Besides I don't see what grounds you have to complain if you're not supporting him.
I'm disappointed in the lack of updates as well but as I'm not supporting him I figure I don't have any reason to complain.
Well said. I don't support financially either so I have no ground to complain. But that doesn't mean I'm not sorry for lack of updates. I like this game and its characters. I 've been turning to the Fan Art thread for new content with these characters.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017

Yeah I know that legally he is fine. I guess there would have to be some type of contract, where he is obligated to deliver at least something. That, however, opens up a whole new can of worms, as to what constitutes a normal "update" and how to measure it...

Even a lot of kickstartered stuff, where you are essentially pre-buying things, ended up horrible or undelivered. Such a pain to get it from them, as it would require a class action lawsuit or something like that. And they can just claim that it was pissed in mismanagement, not through fraud.

I guess the most effective thing would be for people to get their heads out of their asses and stopped funding this behavior... but as we see from the rise of phone games... People voting with their wallets leads to pretty bad end product.

Reactions: Wrex86

sillywhatisit

Aug 27, 2020
Even a lot of kickstartered stuff, where you are essentially pre-buying things, ended up horrible or undelivered. Such a pain to get it from them, as it would require a class action lawsuit or something like that. And they can just claim that it was pissed in mismanagement, not through fraud.
This I find to be the real tragedy. Between games like this and other platforms with Early Access games and kickstarting, it makes me incredibly shy to give money to any company nowadays without thoroughly vetting them.

No one is going to die if this isn't made, and no one should be giving money they can't afford. All ICSTOR really has done to me in the past year is make me more shy to the patreon model, which seems to be the lifeblood of this genre (at least in the west), and that makes me feel shitty.

Reactions: jackp0t
D

Deleted member 2912657

You know, I recently had a bout of depression and had difficulties doing anything. Partly because of the corona/lockdown. I used to mock ICSTOR too. But now I can sympathize.

Milf's Control is one of my favorite game. I wish him well.

NotSlonique

Sep 10, 2020
You can see a couple other people referencing this guy's 6k+ patrons and I can confirm that I saw he had that many a few days ago, but now he's lost 500 in a couple days. Ouch. Guess the new month hasn't been too good to him. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

But on a more serious note I think its time this was finally given the Abandoned tag since I think the mods know as well as anyone posting here, that this is an absolute scam at this point. Also, ik they typically wait till 3 months of no dev communication but if the dev always just comes back every 3 months and says "its still going!" its not really any better (and one of those rare posts was an announcement for a new game, what a joke). Especially when the last update was almost a year ago.

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
If you guys played SimBro before, this is the same thing. Saying that this game is dead or this thread should get the abandoned tag won't help the stiuation.

Reactions: Thermophob

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
You can see a couple other people referencing this guy's 6k+ patrons and I can confirm that I saw he had that many a few days ago, but now he's lost 500 in a couple days. Ouch. Guess the new month hasn't been too good to him. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
That has happened for the last 3 or 4 months now, he loses 500 patrons in the beginning of every month, but then he regains them after a few days. Trust me he is not worried.

3.80 star(s) 413 Votes