PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Let's take a broader look, There are several issues:
1. The guy is not the easiest person to work with. Meaning, the media person probably had enough after a few days and walked away, hence, no update.

2. The person is probably an obsessive perfectionist, while a genius and artist, this is another reason for delay. Not to mention, that he feels that he wants something else without finishing the fist project.

3. His patreons are probably highly devoted to him with the slim hope of getting something. A reasonable person would have say: cut your loses and leave!

4. I keep my hope extremely low. I must admit that at certain point I wanted to be one of his patreons.

However, there are other no less competent that I would like to support: Faerin, Mr. Dot, T4bbo, Lewdlab, ICCreations, Motkeyz, Lust & Passion, Royal Candy, OrbOrigin, Ptolmey Maks, Az, Daniels DarkBlue, to name a few. There many excellent artists and studios out there that are doing great job. Once, he was a highly prestiged. Today, he is one among many.

The field is growing up. So, once he was the staple for quality games. No more, there are others.

My two cents for the endless discussion.

J
You make good points but the thing you can't see without being a Patreon is the lack of public contact/interaction with the people paying him to create - his Patreons. I was one of ICSTOR's Patreons but about 6 months ago, after no new content and little if any contact, I stopped. I consider Milfy City to be abandoned. It is still a very good VN but it is no longer top tier.

I support about half of the creators you listed in your post. The best VNs today go beyond a good story and graphics/animations:

They add in good interaction with their Patreons (Faerin - Mystwood Manor - does Patreon Polls every month and then actually incorporates their input into future releases which occur monthly)
They add in innovative features that keep Patreons like me invested in the VN - (Mr Dots - Sunshine Love - the Peeping Tom and Doughnut features)
They add in significant voice acting and a unique art style (Kuma - Milky Touch - The woman who does the audio for Claudia is Exceptional, and Kuma is adding voice acting to additional main characters so that there is more and more voice acting through time)
They add in music that really ties into the story (Sir Dammed and Alorth - Radiant - some great music that is tied to the emotions of the scene, really helping to immerse you in what is happening)

None of these creators are perfect but every one: continues to develop their VN, listens to their Patreon community, and responds!

petertavy

Aug 21, 2020
Requesting advice: Bobs office. [CUT] ...

Went there. Sec let me in. Bob not there. ...
I tried again, this time it worked. Sorry I dont know why.

By the way I have a few questions which are off topic. Are new members like me allowed to
start new threads?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The content up until now has been good but not outstanding. Maybe when it had just started but now... There are other games with more HQ renders and animations.

What really hurt this game (and probably ICSTOR's enthusiasm) was the direction and amount of power given to his patrons. Before anyone says "but it wasn't his patrons' fault!", for two full updates all we got was Caroline content because THEY wanted it. So, by deferring to the patrons, he started hammering in the nails on this one.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
1. The guy is not the easiest person to work with. Meaning, the media person probably had enough after a few days and walked away, hence, no update.
Just that the guy is still around and posts excuses instead of ICStor himself
2. The person is probably an obsessive perfectionist, while a genius and artist, this is another reason for delay. Not to mention, that he feels that he wants something else without finishing the fist project.
If he was the End of Caroline's storyline wouldn't have been this bad... and he would have actually finished all his games instead of rushing them which droped the overall quality of those
Once, he was a highly prestiged. Today, he is one among many.
Today he is a VERY prestiged Scammer

OtstrelDebilov

You should work better
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
The creator will have made a good game, it has to end one day, let's not be negative, especially since the game is free.
Even if the updates are late, it does not matter, the game always was quality.:)
Absolutely agreed. We should say thank you for him to create MC, but we could wait for more when he promises update ;)

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
does the android port contain the incest patch? if not how do you apply the incest patch on android ports?

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes