crazykwan

Jul 16, 2021
What you are claiming here is like saying that "Mouth of Sauron" had no clue what was going on in Mordor.
Lol. Not exactly! What I am saying is, Aragorn, second of his name, May or may not be crowned as King at end of LOTR Return of the King. Just because Movie name says "Return of the King", Thats for movie to decide... But this isnt LOTR :D Thank you for bringing back some good ol' memories... xD

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Lol. Not exactly! What I am saying is, Aragorn, second of his name, May or may not be crowned as King at end of LOTR Return of the King. Just because Movie name says "Return of the King", Thats for movie to decide... But this isnt LOTR :D Thank you for bringing back some good ol' memories... xD
Yeah, it may not be Lord of the Rings, but Ashbash is still ICSTOR's official mouthpiece.

• Red Heart
Reactions: crazykwan

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
At this point, ICSTOR should release a new update, with only something on the MC's pc, to direct to this thread, and mark the game as completed.

That'd be trolling to a brand new level.

• Haha
Reactions: crazykwan

gaewgaw

Dec 1, 2019
Didn't ICSTOR already sell his game and the "ICSTOR" name, and recommend everyone to support other games?

BurnerGuy

Aug 27, 2018
I don't know if I am being stupid, as people are riding waves here, without anything official from ICSTOR. Just some random people who may or may not be part of Design and development team. I am just asking them to calm down :ROFLMAO: Its ICSTOR name on the game. Not AshBash or whoever that guy is. Even if he is part of Development team or someone who knows ICSTOR personally, This might just be a propaganda. Its way of marketing so that people can talk about both the games. His message looks More like Propaganda... Like Seriously! And I am stupid one here ... HAHAHA

Edit: Moreover I dont have any proof of him not leaving the game just like No one here has Credible proof of him leaving the game...
I agree that it's silly to ask you to prove a negative, but as for credible proof that the game is abandoned:
  1. The game went 2 years without an update
  2. During that time, ICSTOR repeatedly claimed to be working on it, even going as far to claim an outlandish number of renders had been completed
  3. When the game was finally updated last time, it was obviously done as a response to the game being labeled as abandoned on F95
  4. If #2 were true, then you'd expect the update he pushed out to be pretty well done since it would have included the material he'd spent years working on. Instead, the update was clearly thrown together last-minute with sub-par renders, the script referencing current events, and only a few minutes worth of play time.
  5. At the time of that release, ICSTOR promised to be more active with his communication and that from then on, there would be small updates every 2 weeks.
  6. Immediately following the update, he ceased communication.
  7. Even before the patreon drama, he already missed multiple deadlines if he was really trying to stick to the every 2 weeks schedule.
Frankly, ICSTOR is the absolute last person you should rely on for an honest assessment of the game's status. There's no disputing the fact that he's repeatedly lied about the progress over the last few years, yet there are still people stupid enough to take his word and give him money. He's not going to outright say it's abandoned since that money will be cut off as soon as he does.

ajaxred

Feb 14, 2022
I agree that it's silly to ask you to prove a negative, but as for credible proof that the game is abandoned:
  2. During that time, ICSTOR repeatedly claimed to be working on it, even going as far to claim an outlandish number of renders had been completed
  3. When the game was finally updated last time, it was obviously done as a response to the game being labeled as abandoned on F95
  4. If #2 were true, then you'd expect the update he pushed out to be pretty well done since it would have included the material he'd spent years working on. Instead, the update was clearly thrown together last-minute with sub-par renders, the script referencing current events, and only a few minutes worth of play time.
  5. At the time of that release, ICSTOR promised to be more active with his communication and that from then on, there would be small updates every 2 weeks.
  7. Even before the patreon drama, he already missed multiple deadlines if he was really trying to stick to the every 2 weeks schedule.
Frankly, ICSTOR is the absolute last person you should rely on for an honest assessment of the game's status. There's no disputing the fact that he's repeatedly lied about the progress over the last few years, yet there are still people stupid enough to take his word and give him money. He's not going to outright say it's abandoned since that money will be cut off as soon as he does.
All we need is some faith and some money

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
To put into perspective how fucked up this whole situation has been, let's consider how much money he's probably made since December 2020 when 0.6e came out. That's 15 months of Patreon pledges. Now let's be extremely, extremely, extremely conservative. Let's assume that he averaged 6,000 Patrons over this time period. In reality, 6,000 is way on the low end of Patrons that he's had in any one month over the last 15 months (and he topped out at 8,200) but let's just use that. Let's assume that he made $5 per Patron in that time. There is no way that it is that low considering that when he made that information publicly available years ago it was never below $8. That means that he would have made $30,000 on average per month. That means that he would have made $450,000 since 0.6e came out. That's more than many people in developed countries make in 10 years. I cannot even fathom how far $450,000 would stretch in poor countries. Nearly half a million for all of 10 minutes worth of content.

More realistically, it was probably 6,500 Patrons per month at $8 per Patron. Still relatively conservative. That means $52,000 per month and $780,000 total since 0.6e. It's likely that it was even more. For essentially no work.

Fucked up beyond belief.
That's a lot of beer and Pizza - whooooeeeeee!

Ginger6409

Dec 6, 2018
Even the Discord has had enough of his shit. I joined it on a whim (for free btw), expecting praise and glory for the almighty ICSTOR, but a lot of people are getting tired of him, especially when they found out that Milfy City was abandoned in favor of a new IP nobody cares about. The excuse is that being forced to delete the Celia story drained him, even though Subscribestar has no such issues with that kind of content the story told. But apparently, ICSTOR was locked out of his Subscribestar page cause they have a rule where you have to post every 30 days versus 3 months. And we all know how ICSTOR is when it comes to giving his Patrons consistent updates. This whole situation is like a massive trainwreck. It hurts to look at, but you can't help but watch

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
#2 - When he was making those claims about working on the updates. If I remember correctly he talked about the Judy update and Linda update. But when the update comes out it was Sara.

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes