Deyn21

Jun 17, 2018
Wait why does it say abandoned? Feel like I've been getting pings from their discord since forever, surely that means it isn't abandoned?
I think it's a way admins want to tell dev to get his shit together. He is keep milking patrons and keep delaying release. By putting "abandoned" tag the game might lose patrons and this way dev might have to really start working with it.

He is targeting March 2023 for final release (few months ago it was december 2022). But if the game will get delayed again, it doesn't deserve to lose an abandoned tag.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
give me 1 million facepalms but i think this time the update comes for sure. i think he will abandon his next game tho, its tradition at this point. if I'm wrong, we just sue the lawyer kappa.

• Haha
Reactions: hawk784563

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Ahh I recall you saying that you work in the legal profession and you contract out your services. I guess you'll be submitting an Annual Leave request to yourself then...
Yup! Have to let my various clients know I'll be taking a wee bit of time away though and turn my work mobile off. Otherwise I'll just get snowed under.

I'm also lending my services to some government Departments in relation to to assist with the backlog there.

The big plan is to pull Milfy City back together and either use the money to pay off a large chunk of my mortgage; or to maybe invest it in building an adult game of my own. I'll see how I feel after Milfy City is released.

Antoninus

Oct 6, 2017
Yup! Have to let my various clients know I'll be taking a wee bit of time away though and turn my work mobile off. Otherwise I'll just get snowed under.

I'm also lending my services to some government Departments in relation to to assist with the backlog there.

The big plan is to pull Milfy City back together and either use the money to pay off a large chunk of my mortgage; or to maybe invest it in building an adult game of my own. I'll see how I feel after Milfy City is released.
I know you're not a developer (I am) but I would NEVER* agree to work on a project with a "you'll get paid when and if the game is published" condition.

*Only if it's my game or if I'm a shareholder.

• Wow
Reactions: flaweddd

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
I know you're not a developer (I am) but I would NEVER* agree to work on a project with a "you'll get paid when and if the game is published" condition.

*Only if it's my game or if I'm a shareholder.
The first time I approached ICSTOR for work was in 2015 or 2016. They gave me about two hours writing work to do. I asked for $50 which, at the time, was good enough for me. They sent $150.

I've never negotiated a payment from ICSTOR for any future work they have sent me. As the writing work grew in scale and scope over the years they just kept upping what they paid me, and each time it far exceeded my expectations.

There are plenty of uncrupulous and bad developers out there. I could name and shame one developer who I wrote for, but never once paid me a penny despite there being a prior agreement in place. Don't know if the F95 mods would like that though.

Last edited:

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Antonnius and I were talking about developers who don't pay their writers/artists/programmers for work that has been done.
And you found the perfect thread to do that:ROFLMAO: cuz icstor is such a sweet little angel, aww... can't you see the irony here?!

Reactions: Jarul

Antoninus

Oct 6, 2017
The first time I approached ICSTOR for work was in 2015 or 2016. They gave me about two hours writing work to do. I asked for $50 which, at the time, was good enough for me. They sent $150.

I've never negotiated a payment from ICSTOR for any future work they have sent me. As the writing work grew in scale and scope over the years they just kept upping what they paid me, and each time it far exceeded my expectations.

There are plenty of uncrupulous and bad developers out there. I could name and shame one developer who I wrote for, but never once paid me a penny despite there being a prior agreement in place. Don't know if the F95 mods would like that though.
The guy is paid monthly... But can't pay you monthly? Why not?

Sorry, but I still think you are not telling us the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: flaweddd

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
The guy is paid monthly... But can't pay you monthly? Why not?
Couple of reasons:
1. I don't get paid monthly because I don't work every month for ICSTOR. I get a couple of months work here and there, then a break, then some more work later on in the year. It's an irregular work schedule; and
2. I don't urgently need the money, and I'm happy to wait until I've fully finished the work I've done. My main job is enough to pay the bills; money that comes through from ICSTOR was originally a bonus that I used for my hobbies (Warhammer, painting, etc.) After payments grew I started using them to help fund my house deposit.

This has changed slightly since I did the hiring competition, and I've now been getting very consistent and regular work through at a very fast rate.

Reactions: Asteras

F5zone_Mod

Nov 8, 2022
Couple of reasons:
1. I don't get paid monthly because I don't work every month for ICSTOR. I get a couple of months work here and there, then a break, then some more work later on in the year. It's an irregular work schedule; and
2. I don't urgently need the money, and I'm happy to wait until I've fully finished the work I've done. My main job is enough to pay the bills; money that comes through from ICSTOR was originally a bonus that I used for my hobbies (Warhammer, painting, etc.) After payments grew I started using them to help fund my house deposit.

This has changed slightly since I did the hiring competition, and I've now been getting very consistent and regular work through at a very fast rate.
How can I also write and get paid? I am currently unemployed and need help

Reactions: VOYEUR

F5zone_Mod

Nov 8, 2022
F95 has a Recruitment forum here where you can check out job listings:

https://f95zone.to/forums/recruitment-services.117/
Thanks for responding. Can u please explain some details regarding like I am a good writer but how do you write dialogues in game. Do u just write them in a Word file and forward that file to the dev or u write in some software? Also, if u could explain this whole game development process and software used or resources that i can use to learn about this process or enhance my skills that would have been great.

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017

And the BS keeps coming.. LOL..

Onyxdime

Smutlord
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Thanks for responding. Can u please explain some details regarding like I am a good writer but how do you write dialogues in game. Do u just write them in a Word file and forward that file to the dev or u write in some software? Also, if u could explain this whole game development process and software used or resources that i can use to learn about this process or enhance my skills that would have been great.
I use Google Docs, as it allows for simultaneous collaboration and editing between various team members. If ICSTOR or the programmer, or a renderer wants to change a bit they can quickly do so and we always only have one version of a document.

The way that ICSTOR and I have developed is that they will send me a very rough guide of what the scene should entail. e.g. 75 rendered images, 6 animations, and a paragraph saying "John goes into Debbie's room. Debbie thinks they are going to study. John tries to seduce her and she eventually gives in."

I would then look at the images and just write a story based on the prompt as I go. I use the following style when I write.

*Text written like this indicates what picture should go here.*

***Text written like this indicates instructions to the programmer.***

(Text in brackets represents characters internal thoughts.)

Here's a quick template to help visualise how it works.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Pic 1*

Debbie: Talking talking derp derp

John: Beep sha boop.

*Pic 2*

Debbie: Aha!

John: Frazzle doop.

*Insert Animation 1 here*

***Choice***

1.) John chooses to bingbop Debbie's plumbus.

*Pic 4*

John: Text text text

Debbie: Reply reply reply

2.) John chooses to frazzle his vajazzle.

*Pic 4*

John: Beep boop.

Debbie: Ta-da!

***Screen flahses white***

*Pic 5*

John: (Why am I covered in semen?)

3.80 star(s) 413 Votes