BorsDeGanis

Jan 30, 2020
Yeah, and he was quite rude in his response toward MrNewVegas2281. He shouldn't of treated him like that.
Cry me a river. If you think this is rude:

Okay? Go on? You didn't answer my question. What the hell does "sandbox" even mean in a RenPy engine? I'm still yet to play a true Sandbox game in a RenPy engine even after years of playing them.
You and I exist in completely different worlds.

He also responded to me with snark so me being snarky back is completely warranted.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Cry me a river. If you think this is rude:

You and I exist in completely different worlds.
Okay, we get it, both of you had a brain brain fart. Honestly to me, when the term "sandbox" comes to mind, I am fucking confused myself. That's why I googled up what sandbox meant in gaming and found an answer. You could of did the same beforehand before you questioned MrNewVegas2281. But all in all, you stated your point.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
I
ICSTOR is a piece of rotten shit if you ask me, he devotes all his focus and time on Milfy City, disappointing his fans in the process, and doesn't even deliver promising news on the game. You would think by now he should focus on his other game projects, but apparently he just wants to keep giving us hope where there isn't none to begin with.
It’s because he still has 5800 brain dead zombie patrons supporting him for what, he hasn’t had an update in over 2 fuckin years

Reactions: Jeansjaulet03

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
I wasn't being snarky, I was asking why you needed a definition on what constitutes a "sandbox renpy game". Snarky would be me pointing out again that you can't or won't apply a consistent standard.

According to you, Milfy City is more complex than more simple linear renpy games, keeping your criticism squarely in the area of renpy games. But when someone compares Milfy City to other renpy games that also fall under that same complexity with the more open-ended sandbox tag, you swiftly abandon that standard to look at games that are not exclusively in renpy for the sole reason to dismiss fair criticism you don't like.

Milfy City more complex than simple renpy games = good.
Milfy City not a REAL sandbox like Minecraft = bad.
Honestly BorsDeGanis should of beforehand googled on what sandbox means in gaming, before he questioned you MrNewVegas2281.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
You also, unsurprisingly, respond to the chain of comments in bad faith, so apparently I'm going to have to explain this for the third time here. My original comment was in RESPONSE to someone saying that most RenPy games don't have that many bugs or take as long to develop for.

Let me diagram a logic statement:

Most RenPy games =/= "Sandbox" games (keep in mind I still disagree with the sandbox definition for a Renpy game, because I think it isn't something that can truely be complex enough to be a sandbox game, but I'll move on from that point).

Milfy City is a "Sandbox" game.

Therefore Milfy City =/= most RenPy games.

So, for the last time, when I draw that conclusion and say something as innocuous and benign as "these things aren't the same" and someone comes in and says yeah well what differentiates this Milfy City game and makes it more complex than ALL THE OTHER sandbox RenPy games. It LITERALLY makes no sense. Because I wasn't comparing it to all the other "Sandbox" games.
You are a genius. :FacePalm:

Reactions: Jeansjaulet03

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
There is nothing confusing to me. Within the limits of most renpy games, that sandbox tag just generally seems to apply when the game's content can be done in a non-linear fashion. I would agree that it would be wrong to say Milfy City and other renpy games can be a fully open-ended sandbox game like a Minecraft or Skyrim as two general examples, but I doubt that this is what the sandbox tag is meant to strictly imply. He just want's to imply that's what one guy meant when they said, "Milfy City is a sandbox renpy game", and somehow I doubt that they meant a sandbox renpy game is something akin to Minecraft or something.

But now that the guy wants to tell me that he knows my intentions better than I do, so he can go on the ignore list.
Do what is necessary, fine sir. (y)

BorsDeGanis

Jan 30, 2020
and somehow I doubt that they meant a sandbox renpy game is something akin to Minecraft or something.
That's literally the metric by which the standard definition is being thrown at me from google. So yeah, absolutely, that is what I meant and what most people in this thread meant to. There is not true "Sandbox" Renpy game.

BorsDeGanis

Jan 30, 2020
Eh you already made your point, congrats. MrNewVegas2281 said he would add you to his ignore list, so he probably did. I am glad this situation is now resolved.
I'm not even sure why there was a situation to begin with. Literally all I said was it is unfair to compare this game to a standard linear Renpy game and invoked a cavalcade of antifans.

I don't even like this game that much. I even had someone call me a dick rider. Super cringe stuff.

Reactions: hu lover
3.70 star(s) 416 Votes