Sep 10, 2023
I believe that most of the people here don’t know much about renpy. But renpy uses python as its base language, and this programming language is extremely simple. Very, very, very simple. So, only an idiot would take so long to fix bugs. Anyone who studies python/renpy for two weeks, could solve all these “”““bugs””“” in less than 3 days. But in the end, everyone knows that there are no bugs at all, and if there are, they surely hired an animal that never programmed anything in his life, to program the game.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Hi, I am new to this site. I will be trying this game today, but I also saw the abandoned tag. May I know why such a solid game with so much support was abandoned?
The development process for this game is really slow, so don't expect an update anytime soon. :)

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
I believe that most of the people here don’t know much about renpy. But renpy uses python as its base language, and this programming language is extremely simple. Very, very, very simple. So, only an idiot would take so long to fix bugs. Anyone who studies python/renpy for two weeks, could solve all these “”““bugs””“” in less than 3 days. But in the end, everyone knows that there are no bugs at all, and if there are, they surely hired an animal that never programmed anything in his life, to program the game.
And you too...
Ren'py it's not difficult, ok. But a sandbox it's another problem. especially because you have to lock some path and sometime not.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
And you too...
Ren'py it's not difficult, ok. But a sandbox it's another problem. especially because you have to lock some path and sometime not.
Both RenPy and sandbox are difficult. You think it is easy to make a game? Games take a while to make. Not only the development process of a game is hard, but also the amount of bugs a game might have. Despite the commonality of bugs that are within a game, games have to go through beta testing to make sure the game is bug free.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Both RenPy and sandbox are difficult. You think it is easy to make a game? Games take a while to make. Not only the development process of a game is hard, but also the amount of bugs a game might have. Despite the commonality of bugs that are within a game, games have to go through beta testing to make sure the game is bug free.
You have not understand my answer...
I'm a programmer and Ren'py is not difficult to learn/use. But making a game, especially with sandbox is another story !
This is what I wanted to explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luka95

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I said it some where else. But Ren'py uses python. It looks complex on the surface but there are so -many- tutorials on youtube giving step by step instructions on what to do on almost every aspect you can think of. It's not hard but, equally, it is not easy. Like trying to learn how to use Blender to make a scene or an object. At first it looks overwhelming but once you have done something you realise how it all works. The longest thing that is likely going to eat your time is creating the renders to be used in a Ren'py product. The whole process of making a VN isn't hard just time consuming. Which is why so many people start a game but rarely complete them. Leaving a cemetery of abandoned projects.

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes