reinman2001

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2019
Any one know why the downloads are different sizes? I only checked mixdrop and pixel. When I saw the update was over the 5g for pix, I went to mix and saw there was a difference. Mix is 8.87g and Pix is 9.53g.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Any one know why the downloads are different sizes? I only checked mixdrop and pixel. When I saw the update was over the 5g for pix, I went to mix and saw there was a difference. Mix is 8.87g and Pix is 9.53g.
Pixeldrain (and I think also gofile) are counting the bytes different then other file hosters, downloads always seems to be "bigger" there. But it is the same file size after downloading onto your PC.

Reactions: Bob69

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
This needs an updated WT/ipatch mod without "Mommy" and "Daddy" tags. The recent ipatch by joelurmel uses those tags and it's annoying to me to see the MC call his dad "Daddy" and mom "Mommy" what is he 6 yrs old? I mean thanks for the work on the patch this needed an update, but can you update it to "Mom" & "Dad"? What happened to Lain and his mod. The Patreon page just says in progress.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Can someone please clear something up for me? My understanding is that some content was removed, like the neighbor mom-daughter plot (which really sucks imo and I hope that some heroic figure creates a restored content mod eventually after all the dust finally settles). Did this happen in between v.71b -> v1.0b? Or at some point between the last couple of updates? I suspect it was the former, but the reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at the approximate files sizes and they are as follows:

v.71b = 4.441gb
v1.0b = 9.567gb
v1.0c = 9.289gb (dropped off by around 0.28gb)
v1.0d = 9.305gb

Maybe I'm just ignorant on the tech side and it was only optimization stuff or something.

Anyway TL;DR which version was the one that had the neighbors plot, Celia blackmail, etc. content still intact? I'd like to hang onto it until there's ever (if ever) a restored content patch one day. And if it wasn't between v1.0b and v1.0c would someone explain to me why the file size dropped so much there, just to satisfy my curiosity?

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
I've already run through the game and I can confidently say that the render quality has dropped noticeably. It's funny, because you can see from other adult games how far the graphics have progressed since milfy city was on its peak a couple of years ago
It's sad because not only was Milfy City at its peak FIVE years ago, those renders were leagues ahead of any other 3d western games at the time and for the next few years. They still hold up. Compare Taboo Request to its contemporaries. ICSTOR was always way ahead of the curve. For the renders to not only be the same, but worse five years later means someone else is doing it or he just doesn't give a fuck.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Moreover the patch isn't even out so you're playing the boring version (or a haphazard one)
Yeah, times like these when there's a rapid string of updates with ongoing bug reports, I prefer to just wait until it's all died down and play a more stable/complete build of something.

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
Remember a decade ago when unlimited bandwidth wasn't as ubiquitous lol.

Though to be fair, I think ten years ago you wouldn't have a "programmer" not be able to fix Renpy bugs after working on it for a few months.

A bit sus

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
In linda's route, the step "talk to linda about bob" isn't working. She's not in the main bedroom in the morning. Any fix?

Myscho

Jun 30, 2018
Anyway TL;DR which version was the one that had the neighbors plot, Celia blackmail, etc. content still intact? I'd like to hang onto it until there's ever (if ever) a restored content patch one day. And if it wasn't between v1.0b and v1.0c would someone explain to me why the file size dropped so much there, just to satisfy my curiosity?
Probably very old version 0.5 or 0.6, if there was those versions, dont remember

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RabidSloth

master861

Nov 4, 2022
This needs an updated WT/ipatch mod without "Mommy" and "Daddy" tags. The recent ipatch by joelurmel uses those tags and it's annoying to me to see the MC call his dad "Daddy" and mom "Mommy" what is he 6 yrs old? I mean thanks for the work on the patch this needed an update, but can you update it to "Mom" & "Dad"? What happened to Lain and his mod. The Patreon page just says in progress.
Again look for the lewedpatch ther you got Mom and Dad and Sister as tags

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Probably very old version 0.5 or 0.6, if there was those versions, dont remember
Hmm... 0.6e is the oldest I have. I was hoping to find an answer so that I wouldn't have to do playthrough for each build until I find out lol. I guess I'll just start with 0.71b and see if it's still there.

Edit: Luckily I still had the right version of Lain's mod for that build too, and was able to unlock the full gallery. So I can confirm that at least 0.71b still has the removed content (just for anyone else who might have been curious).

Last edited:

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
I have a problem of not being able to unlock any scene in the gallery which is already finished in the play through in 1.0b. Is this a reported bug? Is this fixed now?

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes