Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
Way too soon , he first need to say the update is done , and then beggin the test phase , that take betweek 5 to 8 days

Id say we are lucky if we can play next friday
It's been on "Testing" since Monday. Plus my Friday may be different from your Friday, as we might live in different corners of the world; I would take early Saturday as a win for me, too.

Aug 5, 2016
Wow the thread isn't locked.

Normally locked the moment this game goes into testing for each iteration.

I wonder if people can behave this time.
Doubtful. We've already gotten countless "when update" and "will there be NTR" questions. It's just a guarantee. Nobody bothers to use the search function, nobody checks the FAQ. When a forum becomes big enough you just can't stop the horde of people asking stupid questions.

damndood21

Sep 28, 2017
About the feeling trolled talk from earlier, I would honestly feel trolled if people despised Caroline's appearance as I quite honestly think she is one of the hottest lmao

BannedAccount6543

Sep 15, 2016
I’m disappointed with communication from all concerned at ICSTOR during the testing phase especially on the Discord channel. At least during the ‘production’ phase we were shown what percentage of completion they were at. Now that things are really hot all we get is ‘ it will be ready when it’s ready’. Wouldn’t it be better to tell us about bugs encountered, fixes, new ETA...etc? This Linda update has got everyone pants down and tongue hanging out. Makes sense . She personifies the 3 most popular taboos: Milf mom cheating, with her own son. And she’s hot as fuck to boot. Not taking anything from the game which is great, but as a higher tier patron I feel let down and will reconsider my patronage.

Reactions: Nercoz

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
The same thing happened on Summertime Saga, until he took the family off the polls.
This should be done with Milf City as well after the Linda update, at least for some polls so characters like Judy and Ceila can get some content. Hell I like Caroline (best girl) and Linda a lot but wouldn't mind them sitting out for some updates in favour of the side characters getting more focus

Last edited:

dannyoceanic

Jul 19, 2017
I’m disappointed with communication from all concerned at ICSTOR during the testing phase especially on the Discord channel. At least during the ‘production’ phase we were shown what percentage of completion they were at. Now that things are really hot all we get is ‘ it will be ready when it’s ready’. Wouldn’t it be better to tell us about bugs encountered, fixes, new ETA...etc? This Linda update has got everyone pants down and tongue hanging out. Makes sense . She personifies the 3 most popular taboos: Milf mom cheating, with her own son. And she’s hot as fuck to boot. Not taking anything from the game which is great, but as a higher tier patron I feel let down and will reconsider my patronage.
I really thought that Icstor would tell the patrons at least more info about ETA when the testing starts or how it's working out etc.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
The game is good, but the communication is probably the worst I have seen from games that are not scams.

This should be done with Milf City as well after the Linda update, at least for some polls so characters like Judy and Ceila can get some content. Hell I like Caroline (best girl) and Linda a lot but wouldn't mind them sitting out for some updates in favour of the side characters getting more focus
There is a big need of 1 or maybe even 2 updates focused only on secondary characters tbh. That unless the game doesnt end at 1.0 (HOPEFULLY :FeelsGoodMan:)

Reactions: Tyrantnyx

Dasati

May 30, 2017
I'm not really sure how feasible that would actually be. The very nature of testing means they can't give an ETA as they don't know the nature of a bug until they find it. Would you really feel more satisfied if Icstor occasionally said "hey guys, we found four bugs today, fixing them and retesting", do we really need a point by point run down of the testing process? If they did as you suggested and told all about the details there'd doubtless be those who complained "you found 3 bugs on Monday, only 2 yesterday but 4 today? wtf?!?!?!" Plus Icstor and his team have their own lives, I doubt they spend every waking moment testing the game, but if they reported on the testing process i guarantee there would be those who bitched about them not doing exactly that.

damndood21

Sep 28, 2017
Ok, that is what I found also. I just wanted to make sure I understand the same as others. Thank you.
Yeah basically if you need context, that goes for others too, imagine being the main protagonist and getting cucked by a stranger having sex with someone you are dating. Well, I say stranger but anyone really, unless it's clear it isn't NTR but rather a lesbian/homo fetish and your girl/dude brought another girl/dude to share, right ?

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
What do you expect him to say? "Hey guys, we didn't label one of the images correctly resulting in a black screen at one point that we don't want to spoil. That's fixed now. However, we still can't get a different scene to trigger correctly but we can't give you details as we don't want to spoil too much."

Bugfixing is seriously boring and can be rather time consuming and frustrating. It's done when no more bugs are beeing encountered, you can't put a more conctrete ETA on that than a couple of days.

Last edited:

dannyoceanic

Jul 19, 2017
I'm not really sure how feasible that would actually be. The very nature of testing means they can't give an ETA as they don't know the nature of a bug until they find it. Would you really feel more satisfied if Icstor occasionally said "hey guys, we found four bugs today, fixing them and retesting", do we really need a point by point run down of the testing process? If they did as you suggested and told all about the details there'd doubtless be those who complained "you found 3 bugs on Monday, only 2 yesterday but 4 today? wtf?!?!?!" Plus Icstor and his team have their own lives, I doubt they spend every waking moment testing the game, but if they reported on the testing process i guarantee there would be those who bitched about them not doing exactly that.
Maybe it would be a better option to leave the progress at 90% when they are testing and bring it out when its finished?

Have to agree with you though there are always people complaining about this or that and people who defend Icstor, no matter what he does and how he is doing it,

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The game is good, but the communication is probably the worst I have seen from games that are not scams.

There is a big need of 1 or maybe even 2 updates focused only on secondary characters tbh. That unless the game doesnt end at 1.0 (HOPEFULLY :FeelsGoodMan:)
If his past games taught me anything is to not hold my breath over content to the other characters. He will just keep pandering with the incest and most likely forget the other characters like the schoolgirl, the teacher and the sister's friend. ::|:::|:::|:

mr.rooter

Jun 3, 2017
If his past games taught me anything is to not hold my breath over content to the other characters. He will just keep pandering with the incest and most likely forget the other characters like the schoolgirl, the teacher and the sister's friend. ::|:::|:::|:
*Cough Big Brother..

stealthtank

May 29, 2017
What do you expect him to say? "Hey guys, we didn't label one of the images correctly resulting in a black screen at one point that we don't want to spoil. That's fixed now. However, we still can't get a different scene to trigger correctly but we can't give you details as we don't want to spoil too much."

Bugfixing is seriously boring and can be rather time consuming and frustrating. It's done when no more bugs are beeing encountered, you can't put a more conctrete ETA on that than a couple of days.

Yeah, bugfixing is honestly one of the more time consuming (and frustrating) portions of software development. First of all you'd have to basically try to break the software by doing both expected and unexpected user interactions (e.g. clicking randomly), and if you do find them then you'd have to document all the steps to replicate the behavior.

Then, you'd have to categorize and prioritize bugs as critical/breaking, medium, minor (or however you break it down that makes sense as a dev). After that, you'd have to create the fixes, then start the entire testing process again to ensure nothing else breaks directly or indirectly due to the bugfix solution - a process called regression testing.

I do feel like ICSTOR could be a little more transparent in the testing process - I understand that some bugs are too revealing of the actual context of the game (like some decision pathway breaks the game) - but at the very least post a concrete number of bugs sorted by criticality and their expected resolution time. That's usually how it works in software development, you got a board where you put up your task and have an estimated time to finish up the process. Doesn't have to be detailed to not spoil anything in terms of story, just a general idea of the workload the team has to do in order to ship a working, complete version.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Holy sh**.
$47,899
per month
That's alot XD
Summertime Saga is the only popular game I havn't played. Is it any good? Maybe I should just try it, but the preview pics gives my eyes cancer.

Sorry for offtopic:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would say 'yes, play it now', but the new version is due out soon, maybe next week, and you will have to start over again. The art is all hand drawn, not 'rendered'. it is improving, and it grows on you. When he started the game, he was not intending it to be a game, but it proved popular and was too late to change anything by then.

Reactions: Mark17 and E-Dog
3.70 star(s) 411 Votes