massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
I read about what happened to the studio, it's sad. The dev lost money and cannot fund and pay for the project anymore. At least the dev finished one of his games before going off grid.

People need to cut him some slack, eventhough he did not give full reveal the reason for the shutdown, he closed everything down instead of milking it like many popular shit devs here. This is despite him losing a lot of money paying for the project and his team. Props to the dev, the artist, the music maker, and the rest of their team.

Why must it always the good ones that don't get enough support.. :cry:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I read about what happened to the studio, it's sad. The dev lost money and cannot fund and pay for the project anymore. At least the dev finished one of his games before going off grid.

People need to cut him some slack, eventhough he did not give full reveal the reason for the shutdown, he closed everything down instead of milking it like many popular shit devs here. This is despite him losing a lot of money paying for the project and his team. Props to the dev, the artist, the music maker, and the rest of their team.

Why must it always the good ones that don't get enough support.. :cry:
One dev I follow took the time to do an analysis of the number of downloads of his AVN across whatever platforms that would provide that level of data and compared it to the number of paying supporters (downloads using his Patreon/SS links).

He found 94% of downloads (excluding F95 - not sure why but this is an FYI), were from people who were not supporting the dev with $.

No - I know of no data analysis across a reasonable subset of AVNs to create an 'average' of % paid downloads versus % unpaid downloads but the point he made was that if even 10% of the downloads supported the dev with $, he would have had the resources to make more substantial hardware upgrades/provide faster updates/provide better renders/better animations/better sound and music/no reworking the AVN for Steam/etc.

The vast majority of that wishlist came, OC, from people who were not providing any $ support.

For some devs, like Kuma - this might well have been the difference between surviving and not, so we lost yet another good/great story (your perspective depending).

Milky Touch ended too soon but at least it got completed.

Neon Touch died on the vine after barely a beginning.

This is an art style with VA that I greatly miss.

Cheers!! :coffee:

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
One dev I follow took the time to do an analysis of the number of downloads of his AVN across whatever platforms that would provide that level of data and compared it to the number of paying supporters (downloads using his Patreon/SS links).

He found 94% of downloads (excluding F95 - not sure why but this is an FYI), were from people who were not supporting the dev with $.

No - I know of no data analysis across a reasonable subset of AVNs to create an 'average' of % paid downloads versus % unpaid downloads but the point he made was that if even 10% of the downloads supported the dev with $, he would have had the resources to make more substantial hardware upgrades/provide faster updates/provide better renders/better animations/better sound and music/no reworking the AVN for Steam/etc.

The vast majority of that wishlist came, OC, from people who were not providing any $ support.

For some devs, like Kuma - this might well have been the difference between surviving and not, so we lost yet another good/great story (your perspective depending).

Milky Touch ended too soon but at least it got completed.

Neon Touch died on the vine after barely a beginning.

This is an art style with VA that I greatly miss.

Thanks for the data. Which dev is this so I can check out their work? Lately I keep seeing big famous milkers abandoned their games because they get too rich, while many good smaller devs abandoned their games because of not getting enough support, it's sad. For example Pervy Choco, Ragareno.. I believe in supporting devs especially 2D devs.

FYI I also support some devs on Patreon, I allocate $30 for Patreon, and I carefully choose who to support. To me it's worth it, after I subscribe I don't hang around Patreon but sometimes I check for updates and sometimes when I switch my tiers around. I'm not rich but when I eat out with friends I could easily spend double that amount so I use this as a measurement to support devs if it helps them.

I know this is a pirate forum but I wish most people would support at least 1 dev. $2 or $5 a month for your favorite dev is nothing. Most people who complain about milker devs never even support anyone. It's easy to avoid getting "scammed" by devs. Just stop pledging to big devs that barely update anything. Pledge to smaller devs with consistent updates, 1 to 6 months depending on the quality of their work. For example, Worlaix, ParkGdev, RoyalFantasy. Devs who make $3k and above who decline in quality have enough support already, dont pledge to them unless you are really sure.

I wish I know this dev before he shut down, it would not make any difference but it would had been nice to support Studio Kuma. Anyways.. thanks for your info and thanks for coming to my TEDTalk. :cool::coffee:

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
I would have bought it on Steam, everyone should try to put their game on Steam.
Considering I see quite a few games from here already there, pretty much all of them could go there (I can see a few that probably could not due to content), though it may well depend on just what hoops the dev has to go through to get onto steam, as well as what country they are in/from as well. some dev's especially the independent ones may well consider it not worth the time and effort, despite the bigger potential number of buyers it could bring.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Thanks for the data. Which dev is this so I can check out their work? Lately I keep seeing big famous milkers abandoned their games because they get too rich, while many good smaller devs abandoned their games because of not getting enough support, it's sad. For example Pervy Choco, Ragareno.. I believe in supporting devs especially 2D devs.

FYI I also support some devs on Patreon, I allocate $30 for Patreon, and I carefully choose who to support. To me it's worth it, after I subscribe I don't hang around Patreon but sometimes I check for updates and sometimes when I switch my tiers around. I'm not rich but when I eat out with friends I could easily spend double that amount so I use this as a measurement to support devs if it helps them.

I know this is a pirate forum but I wish most people would support at least 1 dev. $2 or $5 a month for your favorite dev is nothing. Most people who complain about milker devs never even support anyone. It's easy to avoid getting "scammed" by devs. Just stop pledging to big devs that barely update anything. Pledge to smaller devs with consistent updates, 1 to 6 months depending on the quality of their work. For example, Worlaix, ParkGdev, RoyalFantasy. Devs who make $3k and above who decline in quality have enough support already, dont pledge to them unless you are really sure.

I wish I know this dev before he shut down, it would not make any difference but it would had been nice to support Studio Kuma. Anyways.. thanks for your info and thanks for coming to my TEDTalk. :cool::coffee:
I won't give specifics this time - I did once before, by DM, and within a week, new people who had never been a part of that thread were complaining about an AVN that they claimed to have been playing but, mysteriously, their user id's had never been part of any discussion on that thread before. I put the person I DM'ed on ignore but the barn door was already open and nothing to do but weather the storm and not risk sending another wave of those kind of people at the dev.

I not saying you would do this but there are others on F95 who Really dislike anyone pointing out actual numbers and % of paying supporters versus not paying 'supporters'.

They are the same people who will tell you how Valuable their services are for marketing and that a dev should be thankful that they take that dev's work for free, over and over again, so that they can provide 'feedback' on everything they don't like...

Mind you - there are some who Do provide even-handed feedback, but they don't, as far as I can see, often resort to using a number of alt id's to make their opinions seem much more well-supported than they truly are. They will hide their profiles as well, to make it harder for mods to id them for abusing F95 - poor ratings, quasi trolling, etc.

The amount of hate a small group of users and their stable of alt id's can cause a small dev without a ton of supporters is pretty significant.

In the end, we lost Kuma, just like we have lost a number of good/great AVN devs and theirs are stories we will never hear.

The development threshold (cost of hardware, assets, software and even amount of time to learn to use all of those) is also increasing, making it harder for small one/two-person dev teams to create something that Should be rewarded by a growing group of $ supporters.

Anyway - not intended to be a rant - just perhaps a bit of a TLRD explanation.

Thanks for reading all of my response. (for any who got this far (y))

Reactions: massifteetees

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
They are the same people who will tell you how Valuable their services are for marketing and that a dev should be thankful that they take that dev's work for free, over and over again, so that they can provide 'feedback' on everything they don't like...
I certainly wont do that, as I also dislike this type of entitled "fans", but I understand and respect your decision of not revealing the dev. Not that the dev had done anything wrong of course. I personally I'm happy to support my favorite devs with $, fair reviews and word of mouth and I'm not entitled to their gratitude. They don't owe me anything, they are already making something that I enjoy, and they didn't force me to support and I am the one who chose to support them.
In the end, we lost Kuma, just like we have lost a number of good/great AVN devs and theirs are stories we will never hear.
I agree. It is such a bummer.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 137 Votes