Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
Neat. The new game had some good stuff in it when I played the first demo.
Gotta check out the new one.

Edit: I wish I could at least understand the main menu though. What's that third(?) option? The one that changes the main-menu image to tentacles when you scroll left or right? Difficulty? SFW-mode?
So where do you get the skill? I'm in the cave, the quest is pointing me to the cave, but I can't do anything in there because it's a dead end.
I see a couple of spots of breakable looking floor, but I guess I don't have the move yet?
Edit: Nevermind. The second I posted this I realized I could use Down + X to just fall through the floor. Don't need the smash attack yet at all.
Alright so for the first quote....the third option when translated by ReiPatcher for me says "Reminiscene" so I feel like it's going to be the Gallery button when completed as in Mission Mermaiden that's where they had it. Just they haven't begun with that option yet so that's why it's not yet useable. With the next option below that it comes out as "Configuration" but I didn't actually ever hit left on that option to see this different title screen....so I have no idea what it signifies...maybe some secret to be implemented fully later?

Now for the second quote....yep sounds like you weren't there quite yet however when you are......
you'll have a split point after just dropping down where if you go right you'll find you cannot progress any further due to a wood blockage below you (3 flies above you kinda that you too), if you backtrack to said split and go the opposite way you'll encounter a ...."pit" lets say where you have to fight off waves of enemies while on the left side lip of the pit is a fly spawner that can capture you but you can kill it during the wave section. After beating that head left and then go up and you'll meet an old looking mini shine (similar to the 1st stage) and you'll get the skill from that and continueing further right will give you some blockages to clear using the skill....but you can just backtrack to go downwards for a mushroom.

Hope that helps! I can try using pictures if not clear enough though.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Now for the second quote....yep sounds like you weren't there quite yet however when you are......
Nah, as soon as I found out that I could fall through the floor, the rest of the level was ezpz.
If there's a tutorial on falling through platforms then I guess I missed it. I know it was in Mermaiden, but thta game also had you standing on tree-branches. In this one I don't think i'd stepped on anything that wasn't solid earth until I got to the cave, so I didn't think about just dropping through.

The only reason I even got confused was because I read ahead and found comments about the down-smash and assumed I needed it when I didn't.

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
Beat the game with 0 h-scenes seen then installed that mod, now I can't even get through the first level without being (slowly and agonisingly) fucked by everything on the map before getting a bad end on 1-2...

I just wanted to see the chair h-scenes without going to the gallery, man.

Taboo-Sho

Nov 15, 2018
Beat the game with 0 h-scenes seen then installed that mod, now I can't even get through the first level without being (slowly and agonisingly) fucked by everything on the map before getting a bad end on 1-2...

Yeah downfall feels like the modder wanted to just make it NES/Dark souls hard for the sake of being hard. Its a fucking Fap game they shouldnt be grindy and hard.

Also you can just get H-scenes in the normal game and there isnt any game overs, you get a soft-bad-end VS bosses while certain effects are in play, but it just puts you back at the world map.

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020

I'm surprised you didn't get through the first level lot though that bad ending is hard to avoid if you let H-animations play out for the parasite egg grower thing. Best thing to do when you get caught is to do a quick struggle tap and rest as usually the mod puts the bar into purple mode ASAP if you struggle right away. As long as you don't have any debuffs like Trance and such you should be able to struggle out before it comes again and even if it does, the bar carries momentum so it can still push you over the edge and escape if you stop struggling soon enough in the purple mode. (I believe the mod is designed for you to get completely corrupted at least once as in my playthrough I ended up on the second to last boss fight and just couldn't fight due to lack of stamina from corruption so had to wait for the game over from it)

Try going to the 2nd level lot and walking into the milking traps to practice on the struggle system. Oh and extra tip for that mod.....save before you start using any of the data's to get abilities....as they are all RNG based and you can't re-roll as far as I know....also it sucks hard trying to find them all if you don't already know their locations (I still don't and there's no map with screenshots to help still even after all this time, luckily if you get 3 you can cheat engine your way to having all of them).

PS I like your signiture gif, is it from a game as well?

Reactions: Mc swagger

Kate_Fluff

Apr 3, 2020
Yeah I found it. Apparently the author noticed other people have a hard time finding it, so he posted about it on his blog in the FAQ.
Lol. I though this unbreakable wooden floor was the end of the demo. The FAQ really helped, you can unlock the required skill in the same cave.

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
I'm surprised you didn't get through the first level lot though that bad ending is hard to avoid if you let H-animations play out for the parasite egg grower thing. Best thing to do when you get caught is to do a quick struggle tap and rest as usually the mod puts the bar into purple mode ASAP if you struggle right away. As long as you don't have any debuffs like Trance and such you should be able to struggle out before it comes again and even if it does, the bar carries momentum so it can still push you over the edge and escape if you stop struggling soon enough in the purple mode. (I believe the mod is designed for you to get completely corrupted at least once as in my playthrough I ended up on the second to last boss fight and just couldn't fight due to lack of stamina from corruption so had to wait for the game over from it)

Try going to the 2nd level lot and walking into the milking traps to practice on the struggle system. Oh and extra tip for that mod.....save before you start using any of the data's to get abilities....as they are all RNG based and you can't re-roll as far as I know....also it sucks hard trying to find them all if you don't already know their locations (I still don't and there's no map with screenshots to help still even after all this time, luckily if you get 3 you can cheat engine your way to having all of them).

PS I like your signiture gif, is it from a game as well?
Something is giving me a stacking penalty to willpower which saps 2 bars off the meter every time Hasumi cums, so by the time I reach the second boss of the first act I'm down to 4 bars or less. You can seemingly only reset this by dying completely but that throws you back to the first level.

My signature gif is from , a game which may or may not actually exist as it's been in development with no news since 2019.

nb097

Oct 25, 2019
My signature gif is from , a game which may or may not actually exist as it's been in development with no news since 2019.
Thanks for the info! But... the page shows posts from October of this year?

Reactions: TheGodUncle

colorlessblue

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah downfall feels like the modder wanted to just make it NES/Dark souls hard for the sake of being hard. Its a fucking Fap game they shouldnt be grindy and hard.
Downfall mod is one of the few corruption H-games I've played where I actually had to put in effort to avoid getting corrupted and still didn't avoid everything, it's way better for people who don't want to have to lose on purpose to see H-content.

Also mod's not even that tough, you just have to play differently to the base game and take things slow. When you restart after getting corrupted you get to keep your upgrades too, but it's still totally beatable on a fresh save.

Reactions: Mc swagger

spacemix

Dec 30, 2020
I wanted to get the h-scenes with the chair but if I can't even push through the first stage then there is no way I'm getting to that point again.

colorlessblue

Apr 16, 2020
Something is giving me a stacking penalty to willpower which saps 2 bars off the meter every time Hasumi cums, so by the time I reach the second boss of the first act I'm down to 4 bars or less. You can seemingly only reset this by dying completely but that throws you back to the first level.
That's how Stain works in the mod, it's kind of like Hasumi's "total corruption." To keep it from going up too much too quickly you'll have to pay more attention to enemy placement and get better at the new grapple minigame rules. I get it being frustrating, though.

Best bet for seeing the chair cutscenes is the base game, the mod is really only for people who want the experience of getting corrupted against their will.

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020

What enemies have completed their H animations against you and can you see the names of your status's? (There are some status's like Hypno and Trance that skip the grabbing part and put you right to the H animation)
As Uh.....Wilpower only goes down if you orgam or struggle at the wrong time I thought. Have you been managing to struggle out of grabs and such without struggling when the bar turns purple? (I'm presuming you have been practicing with getting out of them)

Also yeah your gif game does look to still be in development as after the pinned post saying about the pre-alpha it has two posts dated the 8th of last month. Looks like the dev is going for a highly complex game taking a lot of different mechanics from other (big mainstream) games which does concern me due to the amount. Anyway hope it gets it's own thread then eventaully.

x-san

Jan 30, 2022
Chair has text cutscenes you can't see in the gallery ://// Completed save would help with getting to those levels but that user already beat the base game I think.
i mean when u use the cleared save data then u unlock every stage then u just need to play on that specific stage to get that chair scene

nb097

Oct 25, 2019
i mean when u use the cleared save data then u unlock every stage then u just need to play on that specific stage to get that chair scene
And you can reset the chair scene completely from your room - one of the interactive bits just past the plant does that.

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes