Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Holy shit, same. I didn't see anything, only her falling and being watched and I was like "BUT WHY THE FUCK THEY'RE SAYING HE USED MAGIC IF SHE ONLY JUMPED??????? CATCHING SOMEONE FROM FALLING IS FUCKING MAGIC? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU DUDE, I KNOW YOU'RE EXPERIENCING BIG AMOUNTS OF STRESS BUT DON'T BE SUCH A DICKHEAD".

Afterward, saw the magic training (the real magic training) and i said "oh"
If I had to take a gues you guys likely did the same as me at that time.
before useing magic the screen turns black, than some text appears and stays for a few secs, if you press any key the Video about you useing magic will be skipped and the phenomen you describe can be wittnessed.
Each time Noreia makes contact wth the MC or rather "The Eye" it's a video sequence that is skipped once you press a key.
You need to lean back and let it happen in order to enjoy those scenes

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Too grindy! I keep getting to the road, one would expect he had thinned out the hostile aggressive beasties in that section by now. I get to the fence on the road and keep turning back. Sorry to say, no progress past the gate, dropping this game out no reward no progress same animals ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Jbrown87

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
I agree, He supplies the house, and the food, and she acts like she is the queen, Put her up in the cellar till she behaves.
You do realize the protagonist is borederline rapey with her from the very start, right? In no scenario it is socially, morally or intrinsically acceptable to insistently and intrusively demand sexual rewards from a scared survivor amidst a paranormal apocalyptic event, and the MC does that all the time. I'm not the SJW type to complain about this stuff, at best I find it annoying because the MC has the mindset of how a 13 year old basement dweller thinks flirting works, but if I was Robin and some random ass dude was trying to coax sex out of me, and I had no alternative or escape, I would as well be the biggest, laziest slob in the world. You want to demand sexual favors off of me? Then you best earn them!

... at least until Robin develops whatever Stockholm syndrome she later depicts.

Bob-of-Rovia

Apr 25, 2018
You do realize the protagonist is borederline rapey with her from the very start, right? In no scenario it is socially, morally or intrinsically acceptable to insistently and intrusively demand sexual rewards from a scared survivor amidst a paranormal apocalyptic event, and the MC does that all the time. I'm not the SJW type to complain about this stuff, at best I find it annoying because the MC has the mindset of how a 13 year old basement dweller thinks flirting works, but if I was Robin and some random ass dude was trying to coax sex out of me, and I had no alternative or escape, I would as well be the biggest, laziest slob in the world. You want to demand sexual favors off of me? Then you best earn them!

... at least until Robin develops whatever Stockholm syndrome she later depicts.
This topic has already been raised, and I still stand on my position - this is a hentai game, so it is not surprising that events are taking "leaps and bounds", since no one would want to read a story about how a guy survives with a random girl and a year later they will have their first date. There is a great saying - do not go into someone else's monastery with your own charter. So, please, don't start this pointless argument in a game where there is a domination tag.

265lutab

Nov 12, 2018
I am ^^. And I thought I should address your mention of the scenes. especially the early ones. The difference in quality basically comes down to my own skills. What you can see there is just how much I improved from starting Mist to where I am right now and the experimentation inbetween. I can't tell you for sure if I will redo the scenes, because I think seeing that progression of my skills in the game is valid in a way. Especially because the cycle of impovements and remasters would never end and at some point I have to finish the game. But I am very sure that at least some scenes will get remade or improved at some point, the better I get the more annoying the difference becomes to me aswell.

And because I read the little talk about repetitiveness I can only say that I never really understood why some people call this game "grindy". The part where you have to get food repeatedly lasts for about 30 min, when I am testing I usually get past it in 10, apart from that there is always something unique to do. But that is only my opinion. We are talking about games here and if you don't have fun, you don't have fun, thats the end of the argument. So I didn't want to start a fight with anyone, I just wanted to address it because I read it.

And for those talking about cut off animations, the new implementation I use for videos that will come in 0.7 might make things more consistant for you.
First off great job on this, but one thing is that it takes you 30min because you know exactly what to do to get the max out of it and you know how much you need. As a game developer myself it's amazing how much easier a game you made yourself always is. You know exactly how to play it. Also compared to other H-games this is quite grindy. A lot of them have almost no gameplay and I think what you did was actually very good in that sense. I don't think your game is too grindy and you eaen have an easy mode built in so people can start out with 50 food if they want to skip that.

Reactions: Bongmaster69

Bogan53

Sep 23, 2017
Too grindy! I keep getting to the road, one would expect he had thinned out the hostile aggressive beasties in that section by now. I get to the fence on the road and keep turning back. Sorry to say, no progress past the gate, dropping this game out no reward no progress same animals ridiculous.
Use the search tool at the top right of the page and look for cheats. Makes all the difference to how long you last out there in the big bad forest. This is a fantastic game and has plenty of content.

265lutab

Nov 12, 2018
I was able to finish it fine. If you aren't into the gameplay just use the cheats mentioned above.

395games_Rathieu

Developer of Mist and Covenant of Morn.
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
As a game developer myself it's amazing how much easier a game you made yourself always is. You know exactly how to play it. Also compared to other H-games this is quite grindy. A lot of them have almost no gameplay and I think what you did was actually very good in that sense. I don't think your game is too grindy and you eaen have an easy mode built in so people can start out with 50 food if they want to skip that.
I know what you mean with it being easy for me. And I know that the early game definitely needs to be updated to be on a level with the later content. The thing with the grind and Robin or the other characters is just that right now I get very contrasted feedback. Either 5 stars loving it or 1 star hating it. Which makes it a bit difficult to evaluate what needs to be done. Of course I am always glad for any kind of feedback, but right now it is difficult to find that proper balance, I am looking for it though. :D

Bob-of-Rovia

Apr 25, 2018
Either 5 stars loving it or 1 star hating it.
I agree, 5 well, they really put a lot (surprisingly, even in the ru segment), and this is not surprising, since this is like a breath of fresh air in a bunch of similar novels on presets.

1) About the direction of development - as many wrote, it is necessary to do something with the beginning, since it is too painful to criticize it (which I do not understand at all, since even with my reading speed, I passed well, somewhere in 30-60 minutes).

2) About food, I also do not really understand, because from the same fishing you can take out a lot of food (the second most profitable after apples), and if you open canned food, then in a couple of minutes, with the help of CTRL, you can dial 100+, which I actually did when the stocks were coming to an end.

3) Battles, well, here I do not see a problem at all, except that, in the late part of the game, after defending the house (or before it), I would give the opportunity to kill all the animals with one blow, since you spend either a strong blow or magic on the boar, and the raccoon already dies with 1 blow.

4) Regarding abilities, you have already discussed this issue with us.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

I am pretty much done with the development (only one scene is missing). What is left is to fix bugs and get rid of spelling errors and also better the performance of the game.

I kept experimenting after I wrote the last Dev Log and found a way to increase the performance of a big chunk of the animations by a good amount. I'd roughly estimate that the new method uses about 40% less memory to display the videos. But implementing it takes some time. Just so you know what is up.

0.7 will be released next week.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
That is what I get for missing playing my big titty big ass ginger skyrim ranger girl, beaten to the punch.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah I just restarted, had to do my mandatory adoptions of Lucia and Sofie.

Can't wait for the new update, I miss Lily.

4.60 star(s) 686 Votes