MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Did you all forget that he could still turn into a great wolf or whatsitcalled? that possibility was teased early in the story iirc. so that way he would technically still be an Alpha. Maybe he just had to die before he is able to unlock that power. At least that´d be the most logical thing for me. you know, the fear to lose everyone close to him. Literally every superhero arc ever
Yeah, my shekels are on that whole great wolf/spirit wolf thingy that has been teased since the wolf teacher stuff, that's why I'm not as affected by the "cliffhanger".

Jun 25, 2017
001.jpg
After I rejected Emily and stayed in the harem, I had a fight with the shark man. After getting beaten up, it seems I time-traveled back to a previous moment (playing in the water with Grace)? After experiencing a few events that were the same as before, I arrived at this scene, but all the options are unselectable. Can anyone offer help? Thank you. :(

Reactions: Sukehiroo

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
View attachment 3730714
After I rejected Emily and stayed in the harem, I had a fight with the shark man. After getting beaten up, it seems I time-traveled back to a previous moment (playing in the water with Grace)? After experiencing a few events that were the same as before, I arrived at this scene, but all the options are unselectable. Can anyone offer help? Thank you. :(
Someone else had the same thing happen. Seems they were using a walkthru mod. See post at https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-college-v0-8-5-monster-eye-games.163962/post-13992594

WarrenHeltzer

Sep 16, 2020
I am pretty upset that you are forced into a death match over someone you don't have any ties or any responsibility for. Well I am sure he is about to transform to super sayen level two. But the whole premise was such a pitiful event dying over a random hideous fish girl to prove you are the great white savior it makes it anti-climactic and near disgusting.
I am liking this VN but it went from having one true love, to forced relationships with random non-humans and then forcing them act human to please you.
As a player, I'm annoyed as hell that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. As a story teller, I get that this is a limited medium to work with, and events that happen here and shortly after will change the course of the game itself. Think of times when you have no choice in things as cutscenes from other games, and move forward.

Or as Doctor Who would put it, "It's a fixed point in time. Changing those would unravel time itself", or in this case, the entire plot of the game would have to be changed to allow for a different path.

Reactions: darlic and omega33

Jayluger1

Nov 27, 2018
Guys, i need help open harem path!
In maxime(zombie) shower & emily(ghost) scene, only "let be friend" choice available then i install WTmod now the 2nd choice "i love u too" unlock but i have no idea how to unlock the 3rd harem choice!?
Same here

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
I think it is really stupid that devs keep killing the MC or when they put severe consequences for losing like LI getting raped or hurt as a way to build tension that only works in other mediums like movies and games but in AVN if that happens without the possibility of preventing it the dev can kiss the supports goodbye let alone the amount shitstorm backlash he will receive so what is the point of the useless build-up that took so much time when we as the player already know the result.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think it is really stupid that devs keep killing the MC or when they put severe consequences for losing like LI getting raped or hurt as a way to build tension that only works in other mediums like movies and games but in AVN if that happens without the possibility of preventing it the dev can kiss the supports goodbye let alone the amount shitstorm backlash he will receive so what is the point of the useless build-up that took so much time when we as the player already know the result.
Without wanting to comment on how it is handled here, you paint too broad a picture, or are maybe biased by your own taste. Sure, as in other media it takes skill to do it right, but as in other media it can be done in AVNs as well. In another game whose thread I frequent (not going to name names due to forum rules about advertising) we are living in a "life or death" situation cliffhanger right now, and despite people knowing that it will end in "life", according to the thread people are at the edge of their seat. Probably because, while we know how it will end, we are interested in how we will reach that point. Otherwise all AVNs (except for free fuck for all ones) would fall flat anyway, since we know that in the end we will get the girl or the girls.

Again, this is a general observation and may or may not reflect my opinion about the latest developments in this game, because I still haven't made my mind up (though, yeah, unfortunately the trend goes in the wrong direction).

Reactions: astabro

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
Thing is that MC has no ties to Grace apart from the "she did let me fuck her a couple of times" and is NOT part of the pack. As an outsider MC's Alpha Genes as you put it should not have activated.
King Fishy McSharkhead did not challenge MC for his leadership of the pack i.e. is not "in his way to rule".

Meaning the actual reason why MC wanted to save Grace was his helper complex alone.

Plus you as a player actually had no choice at all.
Even if for some reason your MC is not interested in Grace you HAVE TO take part in this duel. And the outcome is also predetermined.
That right there is the main part of the complaint.
Its a part of the narrative there to get to a point in the story. Also what has your wolf done to make him pack leader? He literally just fell into the roll. At what point do you think he's magically making choices based on the pack that he's barely in? Why do you think he considers his pack to be just wolves he's barely met and not his friends? He just showed up months ago and that's literally his story. He's got about as much exposure with anyone else at the school. Just as much reason to defend anyone else he might have felt was threatened. All VNs have moments you cant skip. Calm your pants down. Atthat point you might as well complain you can't choose to not go to the school.

GamerQueen2

Formerly 'gamerqueen2'
May 18, 2024
okay, since the MC is dead now, should i consider it as game over or it will continue in the future?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Its a part of the narrative there to get to a point in the story. Also what has your wolf done to make him pack leader? He literally just fell into the roll. At what point do you think he's magically making choices based on the pack that he's barely in? Why do you think he considers his pack to be just wolves he's barely met and not his friends? He just showed up months ago and that's literally his story. He's got about as much exposure with anyone else at the school. Just as much reason to defend anyone else he might have felt was threatened. All VNs have moments you cant skip. Calm your pants down. Atthat point you might as well complain you can't choose to not go to the school.
What the MC did that makes him pack leader?
He was born into the most prestigious wolf family and he defeated the bully/former leader in a rigged "test".

I do know the concept of crucial story elements.

The issue explained:
The player is supposed to identify with the MC to some degree. That is how Main Characters in any game and especially AVN's work.

If you and thus your MC for some reason have no interest in grace at all what exactly is the reason your MC has to challenge Fishy McSharkhead?

Nobody at school - and that includes the teachers - actually knows that grace even HAS a problem. She is basically known as the college bicycle aka. everybody gets a ride.
Especially not that after finishing/forced to drop out of school she will literally be fucked to death.

If the player has no interest in her, she is neither part of the pack nor part of the potential harem and nobody at all knows about her problem nor Fishy McSharkhead (he is only talked about at school AFTER the challenge was issued) why has the player to care about grace?

The reason why the dev incorporated it as a crucial element is somewhat clear.
The reason why the player has to care about that crucial element is not clear.

Meaning potentially it is the opposite of what the player wants at that point.
That further down the line it is made "clear" what the purpose of MC's death is is irrelevant right now.

Amphordia

Jan 27, 2020
So we waited for the "Great Fight" just to get fucked up? Yeah nice. What was that about being one of the strongest wolf packs and shit?

• Sad
Reactions: darlic
4.50 star(s) 73 Votes