LearRagnos

Dec 27, 2018
- The author of the scene you are reading is now displayed. So far, I'm the only author for the game, but now I feel comfortable asking for community contributions. Interested in adding something to the game? Let me know.
I'm a bit curious now. What are you looking for from contributors? Scenes for Monsters? Events you can stumble across like the Statue or Well? Or something else?

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I'm a bit curious now. What are you looking for from contributors? Scenes for Monsters? Events you can stumble across like the Statue or Well? Or something else?
All sorts of things! For an already established personality, if somebody would be interested in contributing a new sex scene for them, that would be really cool.

I think there are some easier places the start: random scenes when you explore, when you perform a care activity, and when you sleep. These can be as little as 100 words. If you're interested, let me know.

Reality Mode

Jul 18, 2018
Honestly, I prefer non-animated stuff - but I'm explicitly not the norm when it comes to this stuff, and I suspect most people here will disagree with me. I prefer simpler forms of presentation, with all of the focus being on the content - which is one reason I tend to prefer text-based games over the image based / animated ones.

Reactions: Bawdy Ink Slinger

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Thank you for sharing your opinion. If a lot more people feel the same, I can remove it. I could even make it configurable with a setting.

Reality Mode

Jul 18, 2018
I could even make it configurable with a setting.
Personally, if it's going to be in, I'd rather it not be configurable. Disabling a feature doesn't stop it from being there, and the increased complexity - that is, requiring animations in the browser used - is my issue with it.

But, like I said, I'm definitely not the norm here. I often use as my web browser these days, since Chromium-based browsers are awful, and FireFox is getting worse with every decision Mozilla makes. Most people don't care that the software they use is terrible "as long as it works."

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
Simple micro-interactions such as the button highlight stuff is ok for me, but for the energy bar animation thing if it's going to sacrifice some performance/resource maybe it's a bit too much

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Personally, if it's going to be in, I'd rather it not be configurable. Disabling a feature doesn't stop it from being there, and the increased complexity - that is, requiring animations in the browser used - is my issue with it.
Sorry, I'm not understanding.if you could turn the feature off, then it wouldn't be using animations in the browser.

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Flashing the whole screen seems a bit much, but it's good to have the body text fade like that rather than simply changing as it makes it easier to tell that it has in fact changed.
Unfortunately, I don't have control over that flash. It's the engine doing that as it goes to a new passage.

Kimo

Jun 4, 2017
So will it be only monster girls? The creator won't add monster boys or maybe make it possible to make the monster girls as a futa?

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
So will it be only monster girls? The creator won't add monster boys or maybe make it possible to make the monster girls as a futa?
I don't think I will add monster boys as that doesn't interest me. On the other hand, neither does futa, but i may add them. I'm definitely going to add trans characters. In fact, on the last Patreon poll, there was a trans character to choose from. She just didn't happen to win this month.

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Monster Girl Farmer v0.09.00 released! Sophie being the Centaur of attention

As the terrible title suggests, Sophie the Centaur is the biggest addition of this version, but there were a lot of other features too:
  • Care activities require less clicks to perform
  • The energy bars animate when you lose/gain energy
  • The map was moved to the top of the screen
  • Added a barn and stable location
If you want more details, including spoilers of how to unlock Sophie, . And if you want cheats to streamline your gameplay, ($5 tier and above).

Here are some miscellaneous things that will be coming soon:
  • New artwork starting next month, unless something unexpected happens. Contract's signed, but she has to drain her queue before she can start. (Man, I'm starting to type like Sophie talks.)
  • You get the barn and stable automatically, but I think this is something you should have to buy from Amy's shop instead.
  • Sophie's ability to hunt for you is not yet implemented.
  • You should be able to sell items.

At least one of those things will be in the next release, so keep your eyes peeled in about 10 days.

Enjoy!

PS: If you want to help me out, I'd appreciate some additional reviews on this post. It only has one right now, and it was literally a different game back then.

Last edited:

Drinpa

Oct 15, 2017
I'm obviously not a dev but I don't think you need to consider a 'cut' going to the contributors from the community - as far as I know that is not the norm. Community contributions I'd expect to see as donations because people are interested in contributing. Otherwise I would expect the dev to reach out and commission things directly from artists or writers for a flat commission fee, not returning a 'cut' back to the community.

The exception being obviously if you're basically hiring on a staff contributor that would then require salary negotiations, but I don't see that as the same as what I'd consider a 'community contributor'.

3.60 star(s) 9 Votes