RPGM Completed Monster Girl Quest: Paradox [Part 3 Demo v3.00] [Torotoro Resistance]

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Team Dargoth stopped translating this?

I haven't looked at this game and the translating process in months.
I remember the translation being very very slow. This topic even said "status UNHOLD".
To make it brief, Darogth disappeared a quite some time ago (last post on their blog was in 2018). The translation stalled for a time but was picked up by DokuDoku Translations team, also known as Arzor-X and their team today.

They have translated all of the story of Part 2 and recently completed the Collab, their blog details what are the priorities for the project. They truly are a godsend at providing quality translation, so again big thanks to every one of them for taking the time to translate such a huge game.

From looking at the Repo, they're fixing possible conflicts with code and translating miscellaneous things while they wait for Part 3, refining the rougher parts of the translation.

Hope this explained it, I of course don't know the full story but that's what I could gather from my experience on the web during this period. There is likely someone who knows more on it.

Hope you have a good day and stay safe!

Till next time.

Jellyluve

Apr 17, 2017
Question do I need to do the "Translation Patches" listed on the OP myself or is all that done already for me in the game download and I just need to start playing?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Question do I need to do the "Translation Patches" listed on the OP myself or is all that done already for me in the game download and I just need to start playing?
If you just download it from the OP it's in a playable state but if you want the more polished release I would also use the Translation Patches since this is still being worked on.

Reactions: Jellyluve

Keysmen

Jul 8, 2019
Not sure how to use Az's translation updates, seeing as they seem to quite different from what I'm used too which is a more simple 'copy and paste translation from A to B'. What do you do with all the source code and extra info?

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Not sure how to use Az's translation updates, seeing as they seem to quite different from what I'm used too which is a more simple 'copy and paste translation from A to B'. What do you do with all the source code and extra info?
If you're inexperienced on doing the manual patch, I'd suggest you use one of the pre-patched versions here on thread,
Masterdragonson has a post with a already compiled data folder,

https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-...2-v2-35-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-5068976

just follow the directions if you have an encrypted game otherwise just drag and drop the folder into the game directory.

Hope this helps, also note that the way I described is not for those who want to manual patch but to make the process easier for oneself.

Stay safe and until next time.

Reactions: masterdragonson

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
Copy from A to B method is using nasterdragonson's prepatched files, you originally said yourself you were keeping track of this game since Dargoth was translating it; so you should be familiar with manual patching since his translation was also manual patching from bitbucket. And the method did not change.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Copy from A to B method is using nasterdragonson's prepatched files, you originally said yourself you were keeping track of this game since Dargoth was translating it; so you should be familiar with manual patching since his translation was also manual patching from bitbucket. And the method did not change.
There was also that on-the-fly thing you mentioned for lazy people who wanted all the joys of drag-an-drop but not having to wait for someone else to do it
https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-...2-v2-35-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-5570716

Reactions: Crazycarzom
Sep 11, 2020
I completely forgot how to patch this game or what to download.

I download monster_girl_quest_v2.35 from first post.
Then the repository from ArzorX github.
Decrypt/unpack the game.
Put repository in?
Repack the game and play?

I can remember having to first download the dargoth patch, then the ArzorX files.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
I can remember having to first download the dargoth patch, then the ArzorX files.
Forget dargoth,also you can use masterdragonson's pre-patched files, as for manual patching you got 2 instructions on Arxor-X's bitbucket and if you search this thread it has mentioned what to do multiple times, if you dont like it you can complain to the mod that removed patching instructions from OP

Last edited:

turkler

Apr 18, 2019
bloody hell I'm a bit confused.

>those are only the translation files so you will be missing all the pretty pictures/sound that you came for.

people are mentioning decompiling, pretty pictures, so on. can someone throw a guide my way on how I can install this (with the translation, the supposed pretty pictures and shit. the best way to play the game essentially.) my way?

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
bloody hell I'm a bit confused.

>those are only the translation files so you will be missing all the pretty pictures/sound that you came for.

people are mentioning decompiling, pretty pictures, so on. can someone throw a guide my way on how I can install this (with the translation, the supposed pretty pictures and shit. the best way to play the game essentially.) my way?
Version in the OP is already decompiled with all pics
As for translation, you can go either with masterdragonson's pre-patched file that is linked in the OP, or patch it yourself using guide in Arzor-X's bitbucket, or use new simple method with on the fly patch mentioned a page or two back but you will need original unpatched jap raw files to be on the safe side.

Use masterdragonson's files for least amount of work on your end.

turkler

Apr 18, 2019
Version in the OP is already decompiled with all pics
As for translation, you can go either with masterdragonson's pre-patched file that is linked in the OP, or patch it yourself using guide in Arzor-X's bitbucket, or use new simple method with on the fly patch mentioned a page or two back but you will need original unpatched jap raw files to be on the safe side.

Use masterdragonson's files for least amount of work on your end.
just making sure, you're talking about this right https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-...2-v2-35-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-5068976

and just making sure before I get into downloading the game, mastedragonson's file has all the bells and whistles right? because every page there's someone mentioning something about pretty pictures and I don't wanna miss out.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
just making sure, you're talking about this right https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-...2-v2-35-torotoro-resistance.1766/post-5068976

and just making sure before I get into downloading the game, mastedragonson's file has all the bells and whistles right? because every page there's someone mentioning something about pretty pictures and I don't wanna miss out.
Yeah, download full game from OP, and replace "data" folder with the ~20mb pre-patched files

The only thing about "pretty pictures" you are mentioning that i can think of are part 1 pics that are already included in the OP download.

No idea what " bells and whistles " are you referring to

Reactions: turkler

turkler

Apr 18, 2019
No idea what " bells and whistles " are you referring to
believe me, me neither. there's a mention of an improved audio patch somewhere in page 50s that are then never mentioned. the thread itself doesn't even explain how to install the damn thing. suprisingly annoying when the og mgq was a simple drag and drop install.

anyways, thanks a lot for the help and have a great day lad.

Jenkins

Jun 6, 2017
the thread itself doesn't even explain how to install the damn thing. suprisingly annoying when the og mgq was a simple drag and drop install.

anyways, thanks a lot for the help and have a great day lad.
Download, extract, run game.exe
this game does not need jap locale to run, at least it does not need it on my end, and how to extract archive and run is not needed for most people

Edit: also if you are referring to the OP not mentioning how to translate/patch , blame the mod that edited it and thought it is a good idea of having that info in the translations subforum for whatever reason even if this game does not have thread there.

believe me, me neither. there's a mention of an improved audio patch somewhere in page 50s that are then never mentioned
The only reference to "pretty pictures and audio" i found is in one of the posts referring to using Full ~3GB game in the op in addition to the ~20mb pre-patched translation files (as a you need both)

Last edited:
Reactions: turkler

yesz

Jul 11, 2019
in the latest version, if you use the media player with the cone to play the bgm, some of the tracks wont play.

4.70 star(s) 32 Votes