Canade

Sep 26, 2018
How many scenes with Kass in this update?
H-scenes is just the HJ in the intro. If you click on the dragon next to the computer, you can talk to her and ask her questions. There are plans for H-content for her, but it will be later on.

Reactions: Funbag

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
How many scenes with Kass in this update?
V0.1.5 is almost done and will give her more screen time, but still no scenes directly correlated to her story (and thus no new H-scenes yet.) She gets a bit more provocative in some of those scenes but she's still slotted as a late game character in terms of story development.

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
Thnks a lot
I have the walk-through posted publicly on patreon in a post with more details about how I'm going to treat the walk-through going forward.
Bear in mind, this walk-through is designed around V0.1.5 so some of the characters in the pdf aren't available in V0.1.1, there aren't any new scenes for existing characters though so it should still be very viable for V0.1.1.
Here's the public post:

Reactions: Canade

Flecchikun

May 6, 2017
H'chu apenkee! I have played your game and I have my comments to share, my two cents as it were!

I am happy with what I played so far, save for the already mentioned bug that killed the Epi plot, I had to restart to get it to function properly, so something may be flagging wrong, unless I have your blessing I won't poke at the code.

I may suggest that to save having to continually write a guide put some foreshadowing on choices, for example with Alice putting (Alice focused), (Anna Focused), and (Head pats only) to give a road map to the players for how the turns will go, make it optional so those who cannot stand foreshadowing can turn it off and allowing everyone to have what they like.

That the girls are not just story-less paper-dolls is very good, I like a tale as much as I like smut, and to have both makes me a happy Hutt. Mini-games are padding and force a lag to the narrative. I know I have said this before but it bears repeating. I would suggest if you are intent on a "Money path" then pad out the story with it, make it be a part of the narrative drive, a way to learn more about the world and it's actors as well as make some money for use in optional content, which lets be bluunt, is never optional.

Avoid making money be RNGeasus Mini-game hell, or quizzes, both do little to endear a fan-base. This is in the end a time Management game and should reward players for their choices, reward here be both good and bad, always based up on their actual conscious choices, not RNG, never RNG. RNG is already punitive and it makes a player feel like they are being punished twice for not being lucky if RNG can ruin things that up to this point were solely based upon choice, as it takes away the Player's agency and disconnects them from the narrative.

And Narrative has been a big part of your focus, which is a very good thing. There is a lot of potential in this and I shall be watching.

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
Thank you for the feedback. I'm fairly certain that the Epi bug has been taken care of going forward, but any saves from the original 1.0 with Epi issues definitely will require a restart, unfortunately. As for RNGesus and mini-games, I'm mostly doing that to experiment with making a mini-game (since this is my first game) and all I really have planned is gambling games and a fishing game. The only one that will potentially correlate to a side scene (or two) is the fishing game and that will just be one per cat at the moment. I'm also thinking about making fish purchasable so that you can potentially skip that game as well. Beyond that I'm tying the money system to a job system once I get the locations out. The locations will have two main purposes and may have smaller ones depending on each location.

I've never really extrapolated on it so I'll take this chance to do so:

1. Jobs - I intend to have different jobs with different pay scales at the different locations, they will be static payouts. Also each time the player works at the jobs they will get a menu (similar to the sex menus) that will unlock the next scene after completing the first, with a final choice that just skips the scene and pays them out. I plan to put H-content and backstory in these scenes so they do have an actual purpose as well and they won't just be filler. With that in mind the lowest payout I had planned for a shift is $50 so a place with only three scenes would still pay out $150 by the time you finished the story content there. My goal is to make each location payout enough that the player can buy the optional items available without ever having to use a job skip scene and have a little to spare on things like the date system. Ultimately I want it to pan out so that you make money while progressing those stories and don't have to grind a job unless you don't like one of the job locations or you're just repeatedly taking a girl out on a date (playing the game like an actual life sim beyond the basic scope of the game).

2. Dating - Each main character will have a series of dates that the player can go through and repeat using that same selection menu as the job and sex menus. Some locations will be free and a generic baseline for others would be fastfood $5, bakery $10, restaurant $20, bar/lounge $15. With that scale finishing the story for the first job location for $150 would allow for 7 dates at the most expensive place.

I'm aiming to go this route to push players into seeing the stories at those jobs and to make it feel like the character is a part of that world now. I also realize that grinding is annoying and I want to avoid that. The numbers I posted above aren't final, I will be trying to balance it so that if a player finishes all the job locations they will have the money to complete all of the optional content unless they blow their money gambling or repeatedly doing the same money sink beyond the intended scope.

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
Thank you for the feedback. I'm fairly certain that the Epi bug has been taken care of going forward, but any saves from the original 1.0 with Epi issues definitely will require a restart, unfortunately. As for RNGesus and mini-games, I'm mostly doing that to experiment with making a mini-game (since this is my first game) and all I really have planned is gambling games and a fishing game. The only one that will potentially correlate to a side scene (or two) is the fishing game and that will just be one per cat at the moment. I'm also thinking about making fish purchasable so that you can potentially skip that game as well. Beyond that I'm tying the money system to a job system once I get the locations out. The locations will have two main purposes and may have smaller ones depending on each location.

I've never really extrapolated on it so I'll take this chance to do so:

1. Jobs - I intend to have different jobs with different pay scales at the different locations, they will be static payouts. Also each time the player works at the jobs they will get a menu (similar to the sex menus) that will unlock the next scene after completing the first, with a final choice that just skips the scene and pays them out. I plan to put H-content and backstory in these scenes so they do have an actual purpose as well and they won't just be filler. With that in mind the lowest payout I had planned for a shift is $50 so a place with only three scenes would still pay out $150 by the time you finished the story content there. My goal is to make each location payout enough that the player can buy the optional items available without ever having to use a job skip scene and have a little to spare on things like the date system. Ultimately I want it to pan out so that you make money while progressing those stories and don't have to grind a job unless you don't like one of the job locations or you're just repeatedly taking a girl out on a date (playing the game like an actual life sim beyond the basic scope of the game).

2. Dating - Each main character will have a series of dates that the player can go through and repeat using that same selection menu as the job and sex menus. Some locations will be free and a generic baseline for others would be fastfood $5, bakery $10, restaurant $20, bar/lounge $15. With that scale finishing the story for the first job location for $150 would allow for 7 dates at the most expensive place.

I'm aiming to go this route to push players into seeing the stories at those jobs and to make it feel like the character is a part of that world now. I also realize that grinding is annoying and I want to avoid that. The numbers I posted above aren't final, I will be trying to balance it so that if a player finishes all the job locations they will have the money to complete all of the optional content unless they blow their money gambling or repeatedly doing the same money sink beyond the intended scope.
Jobs - As a suggestion, you could do a roll where the minimum payout for the job is 50 and max is 100. As the job experience increases, the MC can get a raise where the minimum and maximum payouts are increased.

Fishing - I'm also not a fan of mini-games, because a lot of developers tend to go overboard. As another suggestion, you could do a simple slider for the fishing game. A green area within the slider could be a success spot, but the main thing would be having a fair amount of green space. Just my two cents worth.

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
Jobs - As a suggestion, you could do a roll where the minimum payout for the job is 50 and max is 100. As the job experience increases, the MC can get a raise where the minimum and maximum payouts are increased.

Fishing - I'm also not a fan of mini-games, because a lot of developers tend to go overboard. As another suggestion, you could do a simple slider for the fishing game. A green area within the slider could be a success spot, but the main thing would be having a fair amount of green space. Just my two cents worth.
I was giving the example of base payout of 50 for one specific job. I was avoiding something like that because it emphasizes grinding out one job instead of moving to a different one that pays more later. I could try to implement both with scaling min-max payments where the max payment for that location gets unlocked upon completing the story there though.

Reactions: Canade

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
I was giving the example of base payout of 50 for one specific job. I was avoiding something like that because it emphasizes grinding out one job instead of moving to a different one that pays more later. I could try to implement both with scaling min-max payments where the max payment for that location gets unlocked upon completing the story there though.
Sounds good. However you want to implement it works for me.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Monster Slums! [v0.1.5] [Funbags] (709 MB)
591 MB rar unofficial PC compressed (slightlyreduced image/video/audio quality):
- - -

Performed using:
UnRen v0.8 (Sam@f95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
What am I missing with the cats, I can't seem to progress with them, all Ill I'm able to do is talk and hang out.

Nvmd: I think when I clicked on the dragon, I got something from Kass, which got me to the next stage with the cats.

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
What am I missing with the cats, I can't seem to progress with them, all Ill I'm able to do is talk and hang out.
There's a free walk-through linked in the OP, if you're specifically meaning Tanya, she only has repeatable talk/hangout options her sex scene is a bonus scene that you can unlock after finishing Natalie's content.
V0.1.6 is going to be very Tanya and Alice heavy though.
Natalie has a decent amount in already but she's only up at night.

Reactions: Anon4321

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
There's a free walk-through linked in the OP, if you're specifically meaning Tanya, she only has repeatable talk/hangout options her sex scene is a bonus scene that you can unlock after finishing Natalie's content.
V0.1.6 is going to be very Tanya and Alice heavy though.
Natalie has a decent amount in already but she's only up at night.
Thanks
I clicked on the dragon (didn't realise you could click it) and being given a webcam by Kass, which got me to the next stage with Natalie.

Last edited:

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
what about zombie girls
There's already one in the game, go down Alice's route and you'll find her.
V0.1.6 will expand on that topic more.

Edit: She's the one with pink hair on the banner

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
nice not bad, really like the lizard girl..... But holy shit was that Minotaur origin dark..... Funbag kinda want to know though was every hole their goal? also since succubus couldn't she just have used her powers? or fly away :| also why so dark with that story? like could have been just an attempt to explain their hatred, don't see the need to be full rapey.... virgin succubi would have been interesting o well. edit: thought I should add, sorta kills the vibe for a while, like from what I can tell the characters are supposed to be unique and same with the experiences, but from what I gather it is still supposed to be primarily sexual with you being a pet being the premise.... that story presented the way it was.... is just depressing, like i know there is supposed to be some sad... but depressing just puts one off if invested in the story, like don't really want to do anything cause they need therapy not MC's dick (not saying you should change it, your story, just thought I would throw my 2 cents, you might want that reaction to it)

Last edited:

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
nice not bad, really like the lizard girl..... But holy shit was that Minotaur origin dark..... Funbag kinda want to know though was every hole their goal? also since succubus couldn't she just have used her powers? or fly away :| also why so dark with that story? like could have been just an attempt to explain their hatred, didn't need to be full rapey.... virgin succubi would have been interesting o well.
I kinda want the game to have a semi-dark feel to it that kind of ebbs and flows, as for Lilly's back story though

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the Minotaur, I'll leave that open to the imagination. Some things are better left that way.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
As for the Minotaur, I'll leave that open to the imagination. Some things are better left that way.
..... With my imagination... it is worse... much worse... and very vivid... is a blessing and a curse.

if you are game for an idea of what I see: since minotaur (massive) and virg succ.... I think blood... screaming... basically I can only imagine they lived because they were a succubus, :| , one positive at least it isn't a fully detailed picture in my head, just fragments, I have to focus on it for things to come together... and well fuck that XD no thanks.

Side question: How does lily not want to kill and maim her family? like that is maim worthy shit, like disgusted/hating her mom seems underexaggerated, for what happened doesn't really fit, her wanted to rip her to pieces and do other creative and painful things to her would seem more fitting, cause you know the whole "I will make you feel my pain." thing that victims wise upon their tormentors (if you go dark, gotta go all in :p )

Bonus: could a later quest possibly be killing the minotaur? and optionally the mother? jk.... not about killing the minotaur though... that woudl be satisfying.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Funbag

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
..... With my imagination... it is worse... much worse... and very vivid... is a blessing and a curse.

if you are game for an idea of what I see: since minotaur (massive) and virg succ.... I think blood... screaming... basically I can only imagine they lived because they were a succubus, :| , one positive at least it isn't a fully detailed picture in my head, just fragments, I have to focus on it for things to come together... and well fuck that XD no thanks.

Side question: How does lily not want to kill and maim her family? like that is maim worthy shit, like disgusted/hating her mom seems underexaggerated, for what happened doesn't really fit, her wanted to rip her to pieces and do other creative and painful things to her would seem more fitting, cause you know the whole "I will make you feel my pain." thing that victims wise upon their tormentors (if you go dark, gotta go all in :p )

Bonus: could a later quest possibly be killing the minotaur? and optionally the mother? jk.... not about killing the minotaur though... that woudl be satisfying.
I don't particularly want to spoil my plans for her so I'll just leave you with a few things to kind of piece together.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dreum

May 22, 2017
Good game so far, the most promising game to come out in the last few months.
It's really nice to have expressions and body language during dialogue.
My only critique so far is that the sex scenes feel a bit short. A few more lines on how the characters feel or descriptions of things would be great. For example a line on how the scales of the lizard girl feel to the MC.

I also found a bug, more an exploit really. When you start an interaction at Night, you return to the room and may be able to interact with the girl again without time passing.

Finally I was slightly disappointed that the ears of the catgirls weren't used in their expressions. Having so much movement and variety of expression in a game like this is great, it just seemed like a missed opportunity.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes