4.20 star(s) 34 Votes

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
There's nothing exclusive going on between them yet, so I could theoretically write a way around it/give the option to the player at the beginning of episode 2 to turn down her advances. That he's having second thoughts, or something of that nature.

The reason she's forced is because I couldn't come up with a good way to introduce a harem itself to the protagonist without having a girl he's with bring it up first. It why WVM did it this way, among a number of other harem VNs. You can't just have your protagonist start thinking "Oh, I'm going to date a whole bunch of girls and they're suddenly going to be okay with each other."

I suppose one way of going about it is introducing all the girls, getting to know them better, start dating one of them, and then have one of them bring up the harem idea at some point. At which point, you could start easing other girls into it or stick with the solo route. I'm open to ideas, though.

I'll have it figured pretty soon. Just need to sit on it.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

As far as the volume of the sound effects, I'm not sure what would be causing that. Maybe it's how I'm queuing them. Will look into that. And I'm fine with comparisons (there's probably already a few obvious ones), as long as I'm not being accused of ripping anything off or outright stealing.
Damn so yuna is going to tell him to get a harem? Is she going to help in mc's conquest ?
What does slave mean ? Are we going to enslave an li?

tydog99

Apr 26, 2022
Could someone tell me what the futa/trans part of this game is? I'm interested in trying the game but not interested in those things, so if they are a major part / unavoidable I'll just skip the game. Appreciate the help!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1689534099095.png
Anger .. to get back into life .. to make good on the promise of his room mate.
MC was rigth to be angry towards D, even before he knew why
These are true to life motivational speeches of the kind most
confrontational individuals have with themselves.

1689534213527.png

A dozen years back, some might have run into some shows about ...
life in the outskirts of towns, those long rows of one story houses with lawns ...
Many single hotties would run such shark cans into the ground to work and back.

1689534364724.png

There are shows today about loved ones of guys in prison who never falter in support.
This game sure made use of a very real issue: prison is bad for everyone.

1689534565106.png

Her determination to cling to her ideal in life ... be there for the less fortunate,
it runs deep and such iron will is a wonderful quality in girls the world over.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This game kind a hones in on a certain topic and a plot under all the scenes,
ties people to places and to stories ... we can sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster.

Sep 3, 2020
There's nothing exclusive going on between them yet, so I could theoretically write a way around it/give the option to the player at the beginning of episode 2 to turn down her advances. That he's having second thoughts, or something of that nature.

The reason she's forced is because I couldn't come up with a good way to introduce a harem itself to the protagonist without having a girl he's with bring it up first. It why WVM did it this way, among a number of other harem VNs. You can't just have your protagonist start thinking "Oh, I'm going to date a whole bunch of girls and they're suddenly going to be okay with each other."

I suppose one way of going about it is introducing all the girls, getting to know them better, start dating one of them, and then have one of them bring up the harem idea at some point. At which point, you could start easing other girls into it or stick with the solo route. I'm open to ideas, though.

As far as the volume of the sound effects, I'm not sure what would be causing that. Maybe it's how I'm queuing them. Will look into that. And I'm fine with comparisons (there's probably already a few obvious ones), as long as I'm not being accused of ripping anything off or outright stealing.
I know I'm not very smart
but you could have the mc play would you rather with one or all of the girls and

they can ask the MC would you rather date one girl or multiple girls at the same time

and in that way no girl or relationship is forced on the player

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well that was a great first update with plenty of content and above average quality. The writing can lose you a bit if you don't know much about american football, nobody knows why they call it football when most of it is played with your hands, but whatever. The models are good and varied, from college girls to milfs. My only gripe so far is the lack of blond girls in the game, there is only one so far.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Deplatforming doesn't apply here. You're correct.

To your first point, he was imprisoned for something that even he freely admits he did do. While there are still a couple of unanswered questions, the flashback we get from that night is clearly a case of involuntary manslaughter.

When you say "cancel culture," it suggests that it's either a disproportionate response to a minor issue (a bad tweet from five years ago! break his legs!) or an old personal transgression that's coming back to haunt somebody years after the fact. It's a process of social-media busybodies driving each other into a frenzy over something relatively mild.

In Move the Chains, the MC killed a guy and is still getting six-digit checks, free cars, free college, a new life in a luxury house, and the start of a personal harem.
He was imprisoned for the rape not the killing of her brother. The language makes it explicit that the prosecutors didn't want to purse a charge for killing a gang banger with a bad record in what has a reasonable use of self defense. If nothing else revealing the threats against his family in the heat of the encounter would weaken the rape case.

So the MC never admitted guilt to the charge of which he was convicted and when video evidence emerged that exonerated him he was releases and his conviction was expunged. That is he no longer had a criminal record he was innocent. Being innocent he was acceptable to the technical rules for recruitment to play D-1 football, and the various schools who'd pursued him the previous year pursued him once again.

So now he faces demonstrations against him for being a racist rapist when he was not. He faces similar opposition as a racist murderer of a young black man. He admits to killing the girl's brother, but that killing falls well short of murder. Given the threats to his family and the obvious ability of the brother to carry out those threats and his history of violence the MC acted to protect himself and his family. A further point is that race played no part in the killing, he would have killed anyone who he considered a credible threat. He was prepared to defend himself in court that his actions were justified and be judged by a jury. The state decided that wasn't a winnable case and went with the rape charge only, which proved false after the MC spent a year in prison.

So not a racist. Not a rapist. Not a murderer. Innocent in the eyes of the law, but still held out as all three of those things by social media and various political activists and organizations.

xsikal

Jul 13, 2022
Largely, yeah. I believe one of the bigger differences is the pass interference rules. In college football, it's a max of 15 yards (if I'm not mistaken. Will have to double check on that.). In the NFL, it's a spot penalty. Meaning, if the interference happened 40 yards downfield, then the ball is moved to the spot where it happened. I could be missing some, though. :)
Other rule differences are what counts as a legal, inbounds catch (college only requires one foot down before going out of bounds, while the NFL requires both feet), the requirements for being ruled down (NFL requires contact), some penalty yardage (I think defensive holding is 5 yards in college and 10 in the NFL), etc. For the most part, they're very similar though.

Reactions: MissFortune

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020

I think you did quite well. I really enjoyed the start of your story and remember everyone is going to try to shift your focus from the story you want to tell to the story they want you to tell so don't take it too hard, most players are going to be ok with the majority of what you have planned from what I have read in the thread and the OP so just know this is one of the best starts for a new title I have seen in a long time keep your chin up and enjoy your creative process as you go I know I am looking forward to more. Good luck.

Reactions: motseer

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
That's what I'm saying. Dev told me she is an LI. But, don't take my word for it, like others. They still don't believe it.
Dev confirms it once again here. Ivy is in the banner so she is a LI.
I wouldn't worry about that one dude insisting otherwise. Him dead naming Ivy pretty well perfectly gave it away that he just doesn't want her to be one.

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
>Mc is out of prision less than a week ago and before that got threatened to be destroyed/rekt if he returns by an inmate that shield him from the others inmates.
>Proceed to threat a recruiter with getting his skull caved because MC's friend/sister was showing her ass in really short pants

Love this Conan the Barbarian MC already

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
Finally, a couple 4 star reviews that seem to take off a point because they don't like the "politics" of the author. I guess that goes to show; never discuss or present an opinion on geopolitical or sociopolitical topics on the internet. It's not allowed!!:eek: But, seriously, keep doin' what your doin', MissFortune. Well, as long as you write what I like. :cool:
But this is not "the internet", this is supposed to be an erotic game. And in this game, we have several gorgeous women independent of each other spouting incel-edgelord internet-rethoric regarding lbtq/trans to someone who's supposed to be a stranger to them. So sure, the dev is allowed to do that (free country and all), but for me, it lowers the quality of the game, because it ruins my immersion by reminding me that these characters are not real and only the voice of, what is most likely, one dude with an axe to grind (because in reality, that would never happen).

You *can* do politics in games without it destroying the game, but that means doing it subtle and in a way that's believable. Not by having the game or the characters in it scream in the players face "this is how you should think!!!!!!".

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Damn so yuna is going to tell him to get a harem? Is she going to help in mc's conquest ?
What does slave mean ? Are we going to enslave an li?
As for Yuna pushing him into it (so to speak.), I don't know yet. I'm still sort of flipping ideas back and forth. How I go about it depends on how naturally I can write it. Yuna still may be a 'forced' LI, maybe not. I'll update once it's decided.

Other rule differences are what counts as a legal, inbounds catch (college only requires one foot down before going out of bounds, while the NFL requires both feet), the requirements for being ruled down (NFL requires contact), some penalty yardage (I think defensive holding is 5 yards in college and 10 in the NFL), etc. For the most part, they're very similar though.
Totally forgot about the catch rules. Might have to brush up on the little stuff. Thanks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xsikal

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
>Mc is out of prision less than a week ago and before that got threatened to be destroyed/rekt if he returns by an inmate that shield him from the others inmates.
>Proceed to threat a recruiter with getting his skull caved because MC's friend/sister was showing her ass in really short pants

Love this Conan the Barbarian MC already
agreed. It's great to see an MC who isn't a simp or yes man and that has known true struggle and yet actually rose above it without being a tech nerd or inherited a business of some kind.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
But this is not "the internet", this is supposed to be an erotic game. And in this game, we have several gorgeous women independent of each other spouting incel-edgelord internet-rethoric regarding lbtq/trans to someone who's supposed to be a stranger to them. So sure, the dev is allowed to do that (free country and all), but for me, it lowers the quality of the game, because it ruins my immersion by reminding me that these characters are not real and only the voice of, what is most likely, one dude with an axe to grind (because in reality, that would never happen).

You *can* do politics in games without it destroying the game, but that means doing it subtle and in a way that's believable. Not by having the game or the characters in it scream in the players face "this is how you should think!!!!!!".
I do agree that some of it gets a little too in your face, but you've also got to consider the setting of the game. Texas isn't exactly a progressive stronghold in America. The same year that China opened its first youth transgender clinic politicians in Texas started drafting what's commonly referred to as anti trans legislation. While I've never been there to discuss transgender issues with Texans I'm guessing the character's probably match public perception there pretty decently. You're likely bound to find people even in a high end professional setting making regressive comments about "apache helicopter people".
For what it's worth there's about a 50/50 that I'll use the censor patch, not because I dislike that the dev put those jokes in, but because I just think it'll make the characters making those jokes more likeable.

4.20 star(s) 34 Votes