198aks

Oct 16, 2018
even with it can be tough. I went back and started playing Room for Rent with cheat on an apk version and I'm on Chpter 13 of 16 or whatever it is and I have 33 of 66 scenes and for the life of me can't get 1 single additional scene. I have played like 12 straight days and have done different events or gone to different areas and still get nothing.
episode 15.1 is bugged.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed Android port of My Best Friend's Daughter v15.01
Usual gestures, seethru textbox, save name/delete etc etc...
Alternative persistent saves/log location.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
Mega
Updated my unofficial Android port to v15.01

Reactions: M@ximus

satan1972

Apr 25, 2017
even with it can be tough. I went back and started playing Room for Rent with cheat on an apk version and I'm on Chpter 13 of 16 or whatever it is and I have 33 of 66 scenes and for the life of me can't get 1 single additional scene. I have played like 12 straight days and have done different events or gone to different areas and still get nothing.
Celaviegroup make some great looking games; but their progress system is the most retarded of any game I have ever played. Even with the various walkthrough or hint systems, they are still buggy messes where one error or one change between versions can mean you can't progress further in later versions.

Reactions: Twistty and DNS01W

senorcarlos

Feb 3, 2018
I'm playing this for the first time on V14 and it's impossible to play. Without a guide, the game gives no clues on how to trigger necessary events. There is not even a checklist to see what you have or don't, just the vaguest "64/72 bookmarks". There is no point the game tells you that if you use the kitchen, Julia will appear in it the next day. I don't even know if that's right! I just assume based on the old txt walkthrough. If you dive with the two girls, at dinner Julia says she wants to go diving and bob replies with "Whenever you are ready". That's not even a hint. It turns out you have to unlock the second swimsuit first before you even get a prompt. Unlocking said swimsuit also has no clues you just have to click on the bedroom at exactly the right time.

Trying earnestly to play feels more like trying to guess the combination on a lock with all the numbers smudged out. No idea if I'm progressing, no idea if im getting closer or further away from a new scene, just a complete guessing game, trying every permutation of time and place. It's like groundhog day hoping you trigger something different. I couldn't get past Ep2, I skipped to Ep3 and I've given up at something like "24/68" or whatever the number was.

I haven't played 13.03, but it really sounds like this game was built ground up with the hint system and gallery as the core of it's gameplay. Without it this game genuinely feels unplayable.

I don't typically post at all, but this was enough of a disaster as a playing experience that I felt the devs should know, if they even care. I know it's free and all, but even as a "Public" version, this isn't an enjoyable experience that would warrant releasing.

Apr 2, 2018
There's no hint system/WT in chapter 15
There is in the patreon version.

I really do like celaviegroup's games and look forward to them, despite the lead dev being very clearly an insecure and resentful person, and despite the fact that the games have some pretty obtuse mechanics which result in progression becoming very difficult near the end of each chapter. I just personally feel like supporting a game like this on Patreon is a straight rip-off, given it takes over a year for you to finish a game (which is, in itself, not unreasonable considering how long the games are). Since you recently said you welcome constructive criticism, and you obviously read these posts, I'll say it here: I would buy your games if you sold a full version of them as a stand-alone product. I would be willing to pay, say, $30 for the FULL release of MBFD, including the walkthrough and hint system, as well as tech support if I run into any bugs (which unfortunately I always do when I load up your games, and is totally okay since you're obviously not a professional programmer).

I know you have a long-standing issue with this website because people steal your work, so here's my reason for doing it: I just cannot place any trust on early releases and promises of games on Patreon, considering that 99% of them never get even close to finished, and at least half of the devs there have no intentions of actually finishing their games. Harem Hotel, Mythic Manor, Champion of Realms, Corrupted Kingdoms, Waifu Academy, Lessons in Love, Secret Care Cafe, Lucky Paradox, Corrupted World, Lust Age, Breeders of the Nephelym, Public Sex Life H... all of these are games I follow here, just to name a few, and none of them will ever get finished. I'm willing to bet real money on that, because I know I'll win that bet an order of magnitude more often than I'll lose it. They are fantastic games, but because they are essentially unfinished products with no guarantee of being finished, they are not worth paying for. More famously, even Subverse, a game that was funded in the order of millions of dollars and is being developed by a well-established group in this genre, is either never going to be completed, or will be completed with less than half of the promised features. Because of this more than substantial history, older people (like myself) just will not place any credence on Patreon, Kickstarter, Steam Early Access, or any other of these types of platforms.

tl;dr: just sell your games, dude. People don't rip off your work because they're assholes, they rip off your work because they don't trust Patreon. Your games are good, even if they do have issues; most people complain just because you get mad about it, but you're obviously talented and your writing is better than most. Once you're about a third of the way done, release them as Early Access on Steam, do monthly updates until it's done, then raise the price by ten bucks. People will pay. It's better than constantly coming up with new ways to bypass the piracy that goes on in f95zone, which exists largely because Patreon is such a pile of bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: SchG1igera

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Why No Pregnancy :rolleyes: game will be more fun I Impregnated My Best Friend's Daughter :cool:(y)

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Hmm.. It looked like a interesting one, but reading here that there was a hint system and it is removed gives me no positive feeling.
I don't care too much if there is no walk through or hint system IF the choices you make have a direct effect AND there are no crazy amount of choices.

I really, really hate it when you make a choice and you only get to know hours later (or even at the end of the VN) that it was wrong choice, and you have to replay hours and hours again. I also hate it when you have too many choices and you have to replay the same part over and over again to avoid a bad ending. And combining those two aspects I named is the worst possible combination.

That said - I have not played this VN, but seeing all the comments I strongly hesitate to even give it a try. I do not feel very much for diving into a labyrinth of choices, puzzling out where to go and loosing hours of doing so. That does not feel like fun to be honest...

Reactions: schraubermicha

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
When are we getting the patreon version with the hint system on here? This is a pirate site, after all.
Support the developer yourself and then share it?
If anything these demands are more likely to make people with the full version not willing to share it...

Aksayuk

Aug 17, 2019
Do i need to download version 13.03 to play version 15.01? Notice the 13.03 had a walkthrough but not the latest one

BM2.gif 291795_BM-Ellie-Recreation.gif

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes