tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
As tripod said dev has put checks for points. I could bypass them but that would break the game
Yepp and with the new fly thing and the player switching thing also, it makes it even more difficult to mod it and get the fun out of the game.
If it hadn't been for a Mod I think that I would probably still be playing RFR :)

Reactions: ut1stgear1

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Bob is working on a Gallery system with very good and helpful hints. Like that, it should be quite difficult to miss any event I guess. He is really eager to make it easy for everyone, to give players max fun. I really appreciate it... :)
Oh really!!!!!!!! Hummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! :unsure: let me ponder on this for a bet here,,,,,, I know a guy that isn't smart enough to catch an event and got fixed on something else and then was even dumb enough to mention that he couldn't figure out how to get out of the new help system the easy way, in public never the less :whistle: (oh by the way he also found out that left click works too) but he is a "Dumb Ass" Me on the other hand had it all figured out pretty quickly :giggle: Also have some ocean front property with a nice beach for sale in Arizona for sale.......

Yea the new help helps out immensely (y)

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
Really tried to like this game but the gameplay is just not fun to me. Feels like grinding the same events over and over again. Couldn't get myself to progress even with cheats lol

• Hey there
Reactions: UnDoubleUpUhUh

Cernunnos5000

Feb 14, 2020
This game needs to implement a different stricter calender structure, like other games have. In version x you can play until day 9, in version x+1 until day 15. Combined with a better hint system, like go this far (evening, beach) with every different cloths set. Would reduce grinding frustration by 50-70% and keep people from doing 500 days of the same stuff just to increase one stat by 1 point (until they find out that kitchen is important 7th day 2.30pm and only then).

Reactions: UnDoubleUpUhUh
May 13, 2018
Tried it straight, tried it with modded stats. Either way, I'm past 2 weeks and FUCKING NOTHING NEW HAPPENS.

Goddammit! What the fuck? Do devs not realize this shit will happen?

• Angry
Reactions: Celaviegroup
May 13, 2018
This game needs to implement a different stricter calender structure, like other games have. In version x you can play until day 9, in version x+1 until day 15. Combined with a better hint system, like go this far (evening, beach) with every different cloths set. Would reduce grinding frustration by 50-70% and keep people from doing 500 days of the same stuff just to increase one stat by 1 point (until they find out that kitchen is important 7th day 2.30pm and only then).
I was beginning to wonder if it should be called "I moved in with my best friend's daughter".

• Angry
May 13, 2018
these comments kill me, people bitching, asking for updates, walk throughs, and android versions from the op who didn't even develop the game (n)
I'm bitching, but at the dev. And I'm a patron to boot.

I think the general frustration is aimed at the inability to progress even at the game's most grindiest.

May 13, 2018
Anybody else finding that "Should I change my night wear?" appears to be a fleeting inner monologue with no corresponding real world action, in that no matter what, she winds up in the same light blue thing she sweats the bejesus out of?

Are these the fucking pajamas of Sisyphys? Maybe they belong in Rescuing the Princess or something?

Seriously, how do you end this ridiculous cycle? Or is Julia just dumb as a rock?

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Anybody else finding that "Should I change my night wear?" appears to be a fleeting inner monologue with no corresponding real world action, in that no matter what, she winds up in the same light blue thing she sweats the bejesus out of?

Are these the fucking pajamas of Sisyphys? Maybe they belong in Rescuing the Princess or something?

Seriously, how do you end this ridiculous cycle? Or is Julia just dumb as a rock?
:illuminati: it is a conspiracy didn't you know that LAMO :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Stormhurricane

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
If your a Patron have you looked into the Discord and under Patron Only Help,,,, Some good help there as well as here May have to dig it up but it is there...

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
how do you enable cheats ?
Don't bother with changing variables. The game mechanics and underlying code make cheats unnecessary and at several points will "break" your game - you won't be able to trigger certain events.

There are two main variable tests in the code: did you complete a certain event and do you have a certain number of love or shyness (and maybe lust?) points. If you use a cheat to change your score far below/above the threshold for a certain event then the event won't trigger, so you can't progress to the next event that requires the lower/higher score.

Every night the values are reset to the maximum/minimum necessary to trigger all events in the version you are playing. Example: Shyness resets to 85 if it's less than 85, but there are no tests in the code requiring a lower score than 85, so cheating is not necessary.

The other type of cheat would be to mark an event you haven't completed as complete. What's the point? You will have missed an event.

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
I finaly played this game and really wanted to like it. The premise was good and the art work is great, but my god in the introduction I had to replay it several times to get anything good and with out a hints system it really pulls away from enjoying the game. Then you get to the island and it starts out well, but becomes a goddamn grind fest. Watching the stats i figured out that no matter what you do only one point is awarded or dropped per day. So you basically have to replay scenes sevarl times until you hit whatever bullshit number the dev came up with. I didn't mind the character selection that much, it kind of helped feeeling like I had some kind of control over where I was going.
Basically another game that had potential, but got ruined by a devs lack of understanding how a grind fest kills a game's enjoyability. Excessive repitition is not fun!
I don't know what kind of self loathing, gluttens for punishment gave this a five star rating, but I gave it a two.

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I can't understand how you can call the game a "grind-fest". It took me 21 game days to finish all 4 episodes together. And I always play without hints (in my eyes it reduces the fun considerably). I needed five game days for episode 4. Maybe people want to finish it in one game day??? I tried very hard to find the "grind", unfortunately I failed, I didn't find it, maybe I'm too stupid for that ???

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I finaly played this game and really wanted to like it. The premise was good and the art work is great, but my god in the introduction I had to replay it several times to get anything good and with out a hints system it really pulls away from enjoying the game. Then you get to the island and it starts out well, but becomes a goddamn grind fest. Watching the stats i figured out that no matter what you do only one point is awarded or dropped per day. So you basically have to replay scenes sevarl times until you hit whatever bullshit number the dev came up with. I didn't mind the character selection that much, it kind of helped feeeling like I had some kind of control over where I was going.
Basically another game that had potential, but got ruined by a devs lack of understanding how a grind fest kills a game's enjoyability. Excessive repitition is not fun!
I don't know what kind of self loathing, gluttens for punishment gave this a five star rating, but I gave it a two.
I don't know what they call a "grind". I personally (as a real person) eat, sleep, shower, breathe and so on every day. Such things are a necessity and without them I could not exist. The game is meant to simulate life in a broad sense, if it didn't have these components, a lot of people would have complained about it and called it unrealistic...

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
I can't understand how you can call the game a "grind-fest". It took me 21 game days to finish all 4 episodes together. And I always play without hints (in my eyes it reduces the fun considerably). I needed five game days for episode 4. Maybe people want to finish it in one game day??? I tried very hard to find the "grind", unfortunately I failed, I didn't find it, maybe I'm too stupid for that ???
I think the problem the players have are the unexpected bookmarks (events) that Bob uses. Like the kitchen cleanup or bookmarks that only happen at a specific time. But then there is the grind of six dinner dresses (over 6 days), and if you have done most of the other bookmarks no other bookmarks come up during the day. That forces you to repeat them or skip time to 10pm.

2.50 star(s) 93 Votes