Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
The hint system they developed is better, it's bugged in 5.1 because of the persistent file I believe, but it's still better than the previous step by step automated walk though because it leaves 'some' mystery. If you are stuck due to a bug, you might have to wait until the next version in April maybe.
If you want to use the hint system you have to delete the persistent file every time you restart the game (in the game and appdata directory). This is how it will work 100%.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
You misunderstood what I was saying, I didn't say you leaked 5.1, I said one of your Patreons did, which is what you just said.
And the point I was making was: You took responsibility for your content the moment you allowed it to be available on this forum -> When you made it available for Download here (see image below).
View attachment 1088440
Is this not you who put it on this thread or someone who has your permission to do so?
If f95zone does not have permission to publish this current version of your product then you use a DMCA to have them take it down- Otherwise this IS the current version of the product you are allowing to be public.

Nobody is stealing anything at this point, it is here and available now because you enabled it.

And like I said- If you want to show off your Broken Couch in your show room, All the power to you.

I was just stating my opinion, which was honest sincere criticism based on what I know and what I see and my experience with other game developers.
Sorry my friend it is you who does not understand how F95 work.

The dev did not give permission for the latest version to be uploaded here. F95 is a pirate site and does not give a flying fig about dev permissions. In fact if a dev try to stall releasing the latest version, F95 will simply take the dev's permissions away from the Dev.

So even though Celaviegroup can have control over his own game thread, he does not have control on what version get's released on here.

Of course he can try and get a DMCA takedown, but I'm doubtfull it will be successful. There are a lot of developers that are not on friendly terms with F95, precisely because of this very issue, but it's not worth their time and money to try and fight this.

Most(?... A lot?) Devs, realise that although they do not have control over releases here. The amount of free publicity and marketing along with new potential customers, makes this site still a valuable partner, despite this one little sticking point.

rinjing

Apr 21, 2017
I guess this is the game with the most frequent stuck along the way. And this is her main problem. Neither the graphics, nor the plot, nor the absence of animation (or maybe the animation has already appeared, I have not downloaded it from version 3, the tag is indicated, but I have not seen the animation), but it is the constant ignorance of where and when to go and what to do for the event trigger and causes negative reviews from the majority.
This is just my opinion. The developer is unlikely going to change anything.
It's just that I constantly see the word "stuck" in this thread. This is alarming.
Hi
Talking about animation, I am the one who ask Bob not to make it since MBFD Episode 1, so far he listen to it until he think otherwise.

Reactions: Lukumoide
Jun 13, 2020
Sorry my friend it is you who does not understand how F95 work.

The dev did not give permission for the latest version to be uploaded here. F95 is a pirate site and does not give a flying fig about dev permissions. In fact if a dev try to stall releasing the latest version, F95 will simply take the dev's permissions away from the Dev.

So even though Celaviegroup has control over his own game thread, he does not have control on what version get's released on here.

Of course he can try and get a DMCA takedown, but I'm doubtfull it will be successful. There are a lot of developers that are not on friendly terms with F95, precisely because of this very issue, but it's not worth their time and money to try and fight this.

Most(?... A lot?) Devs, realise that although they do not have control over releases here. The amount of free publicity and marketing along with new potential customers, makes this site still a valuable partner, despite this one little sticking point.
Yep. It's crystal clear now.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I'm sure that you don't know how this is working. I'm not the uploader - go back to page 1 and you'll see that I'm not responsible for this tread. The game was first leaked between some guys here - where one of them leaked it at SVS and FAP. Later on it appeared here. in this tread. The guys here at F95 have no interest to help guys like me - guys that feed them - don't ask me why!!! - so no chance to remove it.
You probably know this already, but just in case you did not know.

You can request ownership of your own thread, BUT the one rule they have is that you can not block leaked updates from being published on here.

Just in case you did not know :)

Reactions: Rolo and rinjing

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
Hi
Talking about animation, I am the one who ask Bob not to make it since MBFD Episode 1, so far he listen to it until he think otherwise.
Hello.
Why not? He doesn't have the technical capability? or desire?
Is it even present in some episode, or was the tag added for future reference / by mistake?

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Hello.
Is it even present in some episode, or was the tag added for future reference / by mistake?
I think if you look back a few entries that you will find that the Dev ( Celaviegroup ) Is not the originator of this thread, and has no real input if any at all. I believe that the tags are added by the originator. You will surly have to ask them.
I could be wrong though I have been in the past on some things ya know.......... :)

rinjing

Apr 21, 2017
Hello.
1st...we don't fancy (majority of us supporters) do not fancy animation...we have different direction...so far so good ( at least for us)
2nd...by doing that will reduce games size (RFR with 16 episode with minimum games size), with monthly update god know how big the games size if it includes animations...no plan to split the games yet.

it might change in the future...who knows
So far....no animations...and that's final

Reactions: Celaviegroup

rinjing

Apr 21, 2017
I think if you look back a few entries that you will find that the Dev ( Celaviegroup ) Is not the originator of this thread, and has no real input if any at all. I believe that the tags are added by the originator. You will surly have to ask them.
I could be wrong though I have been in the past on some things ya know.......... :)
You are correct....

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
ok, I'm not accusing the developer of anything. If he didn't specify it, fine. I generally wonder if there is animation or not. Tags are added only by the person who creates the topic? In our case, is it X0R? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with the subtleties on the site and I hardly speak English, so it's quite difficult for me to understand the comments.

1st...we don't fancy (majority of us supporters) do not fancy animation...we have different direction...so far so good ( at least for us)
2nd...by doing that will reduce games size (RFR with 16 episode with minimum games size), with monthly update god know how big the games size if it includes animations...no plan to split the games yet.

it might change in the future...who knows
So far....no animations...and that's final
Em, will the animation reduce the size of the game? It usually increases it.
Well, to each his own.

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
Hmmm let me rephrase, "adding animations will increase games size"
hehe....me and you no speaks English-same boat
That makes sense. Although the size doesn't matter to me. Hmm... sounds kind of ambiguous :)
One day I will be able to speak and type better in English, but not today.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... Em, will the animation reduce the size of the game? It usually increases it. ...
Its less about the size in GB what matters, but it has to be the time (rendering...).

Instead of rendering one High-Quality-Animation in HD resolution, dev could create lots of HD pictures and story in the same time.
I personally like animations, but I prefer more story and more pictures. Bob tries to bring out quite a lot of content every month, and thats great :)

Last edited:

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
Its less about the size in GB what matters, but it has to be the time (rendering...).

Instead of rendering one High-Quality-Animation in HD resolution, dev could create lots of HD pictures and story in the same time.
I personally like animations, but I prefer more story and more pictures. Bob tries to bring out quite a lot of content every month, and thats great :)
Well, we can only wish him to collect money for a second computer for rendering animation and implementing his ideas.

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes