Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
It will only work for Patreon's - that's why it doesn't work from svs site.
Curious about the mechanics of how that works. Obviously not expecting you to release trade secrets (especially one that would compromise your release schedule). Encryption on one of the .rpy files?

localhost

Sep 17, 2020
Curious about the mechanics of how that works. Obviously not expecting you to release trade secrets (especially one that would compromise your release schedule). Encryption on one of the .rpy files?
I am not a subscriber, but my wild ass guess is a .rpa or .rpyc file per subscriber (with identifying info) that they put in the game directory.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I am not a subscriber, but my wild ass guess is a .rpa or .rpyc file per subscriber (with identifying info) that they put in the game directory.
I thought of that, but renpy can decompile quite easily so I don't get how that is a reliable fix. You can access all of the programming and content without launching the executable so ... ?

localhost

Sep 17, 2020
I thought of that, but renpy can decompile quite easily so I don't get how that is a reliable fix. You can access all of the programming and content without launching the executable so ... ?
It wouldn't be foolproof by any stretch of the imagination. I am not flying completely blind here. I decompiled the svs version and saw how simple the protection was. I did it because I was interested in how the developer did the protection, not to play the game. I don't know if he put identifying info in the file or not. I would in his shoes just to discourage distributing the patch file. Not that it wouldn't be extremely easy to bypass.

The developer is being extremely reasonable in releasing the game to the general public some weeks after the paid release. I can wait for that. That is a really good compromise. If you only pick up the general release, then you are on the same release cadence as the subscribers. You are just a few weeks behind.

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
To Bob and the Celavie team I am definitely enjoying playing this game... keep up the great work!!!(y)(y)(y);)

My only issue so far is the possible Quicksand drowning scene for Julia... because that means of dying while popularized in the Movie & TV industries is actually IMPOSSIBLE...

At least it is unless you have been tied to something heavy like a rock or a Blacksmiths anvil. Because our bodies have a lower density than quicksand, so we would actually stop sinking and start floating somewhere between waist and chest deep... then by NOT panicking and moving slowly we could almost swim through the stuff to the edge and get ourselves out.

The most usual means of death via Quicksand are... Hypothermia and/or exhaustion, where you foolishly tire yourself out, then fall face first into the stuff and drown/suffocate.

I really wish I could support you... but my financial situation can not afford it at this time. So I am content to wait for your Public Releases.

Thank you very much.

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
To Bob and the Celavie team I am definitely enjoying playing this game... keep up the great work!!!(y)(y)(y);)

My only issue so far is the possible Quicksand drowning scene for Julia... because that means of dying while popularized in the Movie & TV industries is actually IMPOSSIBLE...

At least it is unless you have been tied to something heavy like a rock or a Blacksmiths anvil. Because our bodies have a lower density than quicksand, so we would actually stop sinking and start floating somewhere between waist and chest deep... then by NOT panicking and moving slowly we could almost swim through the stuff to the edge and get ourselves out.

The most usual means of death via Quicksand are... Hypothermia and/or exhaustion, where you foolishly tire yourself out, then fall face first into the stuff and drown/suffocate.

I really wish I could support you... but my financial situation can not afford it at this time. So I am content to wait for your Public Releases.

Thank you very much.
OOH... That's not good. I don't think she can breathe!

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018

Thank you very much.
Ha ha - you are right - If you play adult games like mine - I'll recommend you to stop thinking if something is realistic or not :) I don't think you'll find any game where everything is possible :) In this case - wait and see - maybe there is an explanation (spoiler)

2.50 star(s) 92 Votes