Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Am I wrong or is this thread continuously derailed by individuals who either
  1. Are too impatient (to put it kindly) to actually read through the game while actually playing it and play it as it is intended - and by that I mean using the game mechanics instead of trying to bypass them or even worse, complain about them
  2. Have downloaded a pre-official release and act surprised when a bug occurs
  3. Have downloaded a pre-official release and played it and then hit a bug and got stuck and then saved their game and then downloaded the official and then load up their save from the bugged version and wondering why the bugs they saved in their persistent file aren't magically erased and corrected by the official release, even though the developer never intended the general user to try to play the pre-official versions because this problem always comes up during the testing/debugging phases of any application development project ever.
  4. #3 plus getting really angry and pissy about having to experience #3.
I'm not professing any exceptional coding skills but if you aren't prepared to deal with buggy code and events not firing properly, and you aren't capable of looking into it yourself and making the necessary adjustments to get things back on track then why on earth should anyone have any sympathy or offer any assistance (aside from actual Patreons, of course) to those who go completely against the developer's advice, which is invariably "You downloaded an unofficial version. Wait for the official version."
(Edit: The developer's advice used vary between wait for official and don't use mods. Mods were made unnecessary by the gallery/hints system, an excellent implementation if I do say so - helpful when you need it but annoying enough to navigate that you don't want to go there until you're really stuck!)
You are aso a person that spam only around no help or do you say the hint is not correct?

And why the producer can`t say it in his discord channel before?

No he answered the most time only here and not in his channel why?

It is a hint bug in 5.35 and now do you and your voters write an sorry I write bullshit to me or what? Think first and then write.

When somebody have a problem try yourself to help him and don`t write about something you haven`t proved yourself then you have found easily out it was a hint bug !!!

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
I wrote on F95 that I unlocked the two pictures and the missing events with your save without any problems. if there had been errors, I couldn't have done it.
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-best-friends-daughter-ep-5-1-celavie-group.67639/post-5517417
Sure you write it and nothing about that the hint is not correct !!!

When you look in the discord channel I put it before in the help section.

Nobody answered there the hint is not correct and try out the white dress.

When somebody have given me this answer I have only reported the hint from Chapter 2 Pic 9 is not correct please fix it in the bug section.

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Sure you write it and nothing about that the hint is not correct !!!

When you look in the discord channel I put it before in the help section.

Nobody answered there the hint is not correct and try out the white dress.

When somebody have given me this answer I have only reported the hint from Chapter 2 Pic 9 is not correct please fix it in the bug section.
I have written that it is a white dress.
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-best-friends-daughter-ep-5-1-celavie-group.67639/post-5517698
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-best-friends-daughter-ep-5-1-celavie-group.67639/post-5517710

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Bob, forgive me, for once I will post the solution here on F95. You have to choose the second option. See Screenshot. As you can see, there is no mistake.

View attachment 1135963
Does this mean that in some cases to progress we have to choose the options where she rejects the MC?
In my game I've never chosen those options because I didn't want her to be angry with me.

Or is this just to unlock certain pictures in the gallery (which I am happy to skip as long as I get to progress in the game)?

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Does this mean that in some cases to progress we have to choose the options where she rejects the MC?
In my game I've never chosen those options because I didn't want her to be angry with me.

Or is this just to unlock certain pictures in the gallery (which I am happy to skip as long as I get to progress in the game)?
In this case, it only unlocks one image in the gallery.

Reactions: Burg and quorkboy

sirus.d

Dec 5, 2017
Bob, forgive me, for once I will post the solution here on F95. You have to choose the second option. See Screenshot. As you can see, there is no mistake.
Just a thought: To select a fail dialog option for unlocking a picture achievement isn't intuitive for this game - usually her mood/opinion has to be positive to get something out of Julia. With wrong dialog choices her Love stat drops as well... so no well trained player (used to the other logic of the game) would go for a negative reaction like this.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
I find it kinda disappointing that people can't look at unlocking 1-2 picture differently, namely as a challenge.
For me the game was even before the gallery, way to easy. For me one of the most selling points of RfR was the difficulty.
I'm actually very happy if there are "Easter eggs" now, not sure if intended or not.

So does not unlocking, keep you from playing? well ultimately not, there is a skip function, so if you would miss out on maybe 1/10 of the pictures i could understand the drama but you never thought this might be a feature and not a bug?

Me at least can appreciate the extra effort. Intended or not.

Reactions: Lukumoide and Burg

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
Just a thought: To select a fail dialog option for unlocking a picture achievement isn't intuitive for this game - usually her mood/opinion has to be positive to get something out of Julia. With wrong dialog choices her Love stat drops as well... so no well trained player (used to the other logic of the game) would go for a negative reaction like this.
I tend to agree. And I liked your "a well trained player". :sneaky:

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
I find it kinda disappointing that people can't look at unlocking 1-2 picture differently, namely as a challenge.
For me the game was even before the gallery, way to easy. For me one of the most selling points of RfR was the difficulty.
I'm actually very happy if there are "Easter eggs" now, not sure if intended or not.

So does not unlocking, keep you from playing? well ultimately not, there is a skip function, so if you would miss out on maybe 1/10 of the pictures i could understand the drama but you never thought this might be a feature and not a bug?

Me at least can appreciate the extra effort. Intended or not.
The completionist in me sees the locked pics/events and 73/74 (made up numbers) as a failure on my part as player. I need to get all unlocked and get a full score. If I get that right then the "business as usual" completion of the game feels right. Easter eggs imho should not be tied to completing (as per my definition above) the game, but should (could?) be outside of that.

Easter eggs should be outside the normal play process, doing something that does not normally would progress the game. Like washing the dishes 10 days in a row (really no reward for that) and then getting an extra tight hug from Julia for doing that (here's wishing). :D

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Something odd happens each time Bob goes diving!
He finds a pearl on each and every dive.
Sometimes he collects 3 for each girl and sometimes, 3 to 4 times in a row, he finds the 3rd and last.

Very odd since the catwalk events have been twice.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
The completionist in me sees the locked pics/events and 73/74 (made up numbers) as a failure on my part as player. I need to get all unlocked and get a full score. If I get that right then the "business as usual" completion of the game feels right. Easter eggs imho should not be tied to completing (as per my definition above) the game, but should (could?) be outside of that.

Easter eggs should be outside the normal play process, doing something that does not normally would progress the game. Like washing the dishes 10 days in a row (really no reward for that) and then getting an extra tight hug from Julia for doing that (here's wishing). :D
Well, I get your point, and I get that ambitious feeling, most of us have that, specially when there is a "score board" that kinda rubs it into your nose all the time xD

But into my eyes this is not braking any "training" or "game concept" this is a GAME after all.
Isn't a game supposed to be challenging. I mean in which OTHER form could MBFD even do this?
The only kind of itemization are pearls atm? I mean the game has no inventory at this point.

My point is, the game can only work with what it has.
I really do think of this game as a puzzle game. Some pieces do look alike, that is kinda intended and the fun/challenge in it right?

Anyway everyone can have their own opinion, for me this is EXTRA CONTENT...
I can appreciate that and would be indeed happy,if it had more of it.

Reactions: Lukumoide
Jun 13, 2020
Bob is on an island surrounded by hot chicks and he is going fuck each and every one of them over and over and over again when it’s all said and done.
If he doesn't die of Blue balls first.
I don't know about you but if I were on an island with beautiful girls for weeks on end and only got one unfinished bj and handy... I would be seriously hurting.

Last edited:

rinjing

Apr 21, 2017
Something odd happens each time Bob goes diving!
He finds a pearl on each and every dive.
Sometimes he collects 3 for each girl and sometimes, 3 to 4 times in a row, he finds the 3rd and last.

Very odd since the catwalk events have been twice.
Noticed...and please ignore

Igor9504

Mar 10, 2018
i found episode 6 but there are some bugs for android i can't finish 5 episode 59/65 when i played 5. 35 i could finish episode

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Personally, I always play without clues (that's the only way I have fun). I started supporting (on SNC's recommendation) "Room for rent" just because it wasn't too easy to unlock everything. I always wanted to keep all existing dead ends and even add new ones. To make it impossible in the game to use mods. Unfortunately Bob was against it and always removed all reported dead ends. Each of us has different preferences and what one likes the other player may hate. That's why I think the gallery is an excellent solution. Everyone can decide for themselves whether to play with or without the clues.

Reactions: BoobiesSugoi

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
It's hard to make the game a bit harder to make some people like me happy. I've already played a game where you had to talk to a girl 3 times with maximum affection and make her angry to trigger an event. If you didn't have maximum affection during the conversation, the game was over. You had to play the game again from the beginning if you did not save. It took me some time to discover it. It was a tough nut to crack, but I was happy when I did it. I look for something like that in vain in new games. In new games, everything is very simple because 99.9% of the players want it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: nerogreg
2.50 star(s) 93 Votes