• Lily

• Freya

• Klara

• Naomi

• Moon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I really don't have a problem with the mc helping them, it seems that it's just the type of guy he is, even when he was getting bullied he still cared about Aine. But I agree that it would've been nice if Emma showed a little more remorse when she talks with the mc. You make his life a living hell the very least you can do is show remorse before asking him to help you, when you know he has every reason to hate you. That being said Emma seems like she was also mind fucked her entire life. The 2 characters that I have a real problem with are Hera and Klara.
I don't think Emma is remorseless, I think she feels she can't ever forgive herself and doesn't deserve to be forgiven by the MC. She loves him more than anyone (except maybe Sky) at this point, but in her mind and feelings, she can't be with him at all because she needs him to help Aine. So she is sacrificing herself and her happiness and being as she is to basically not make herself available to the MC.
For me... I have NO problems with Klara, there is more there, I know it. But hey, that's me and you do you :)

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
It would end because, as Emma said, they have a time limit.

She doesn't have the time to pester him because the wedding isn't far off. If he isn't willing to help she needs to find someone that is.
Here's the thing, the time limit doesn't matter because you can always extend that time limit narratively. She also makes a point of expressing to him that HE is her best option, because she has no guarantee that any other guy will treat Aine like a person. Narratively speaking, this can be extended because Emma realizes that she needs enough time to convince him since Kei literally has no reason to help her. To think that it is impossible to extend this time limit is ridiculous, as it takes away any choice in the matter from the main character. Especially considering that there is nothing in this for him and he is being expected to make a decision on marrying his former bully in a short amount of time without careful consideration. Why should he care that Aine is going to live the life of a puppet for her parents? That doesn't affect him in at all. Odds are, he will literally never see her again in his life and he would be all the better for it. As such, it is nonsensical to have Kei help these girls with Emma basically telling him to help them because he's a doormat and the only person she knows that has so little self-respect, that he wouldn't reject her outright.

The way Emma is portrayed seems like she's somewhere on the autism spectrum and neither knows nor cares how peoples feelings work. She barely understands her own.
You may see her that way, but it's very clear that she's not at all autistic. She and Aine are, essentially, in the same boat. She's likely not allowed to marry anyone outside of her family's approval or someone that Aine's family dictates. Although, I would argue that she is even more of a slave than Aine is, due to the fact that she literally bullied the guy she supposedly like with nothing more than a word from Aine. She's not autistic, just afraid. Afraid that if she refuses any of Aine's commands, she will basically cause her family to become broke and destitute after disobeying her Mistress' orders. That's why she acts robotically around Kei. It's her way of distancing herself from the MASSIVE amount of guilt she feels for treating him like trash, despite her romantic feelings for him. Or, at the very least, that is how NiiChan has shown Emma to be in game.

Here's the thing with the Aine situation. If I was being abused at home and the person abusing me told me they would ease up if I gave some kid shit .... i'd bury that kid in manure so deep it it would become a tourist attraction. People would travel for miles to see the famous shit mountain that fell on a poor soul.

If Aine didn't do what she did she got more shit piled on her. No that doesn't absolve her but i'm not going to dog pile on someone for trying to lessen their own shit.
You say that, but there is no indication in the game that anyone told her to torment the kids at her school to save herself from some of the abuse. As a matter of fact, Emma makes a point of explaining to Kei that the only reason that Aine did as she did was due to the fact that she was lashing out at her situation at home. Which was why she never apologized for what she did and why she forgot about Kei after they both graduated from high school. She put it out of her mind because she was so caught up in dealing with her problems at home, she had no time to even bother to think about the people she hurt when lashing out. That's why she did it. It had absolutely nothing to do with her parents or any of her elders.

Also, you absolutely can call people on out on their bad behavior because if you don't, they'll just do it again. They will, without a doubt, find some justification to do the bad and terrible thing that they did to you yet again. So, I would urge to analyze this situation a little more carefully, as it is important to note whether you would readily help Kei and his friends in this situation if the roles were reversed in the game. Would you, when playing as Aine, actually decide to go along with this absurd proposal to marry this guy that has done nothing but give you grief to the point of making you feel it was necessary to change your image? My guess is that you wouldn't. But I'll leave that for you to say.

He got over it, who am I to argue with his feelings?
Again, you do realize that this doesn't fill anyone with the confidence that you understand what the point is or why it isn't a great idea for him to readily accept Emma's proposal.

Reactions: Peh

Mahakmar

May 25, 2020
That right there is my point. The fact that you say "he was a wimp that got walked over", as if being bullied by other people and having your self-esteem trashed is somehow your fault. Obviously, it isn't and anyone that suggests as much is very clearly a toxic person. I should also point out that while he changed his physical appearance and changed his mind on getting revenge, he also very readily forgave them for what they did. If he hadn't, then he would've outright rejected Emma's proposal which she basically forces on him. She basically admits this and even makes a point of copping to the fact that she's doing the EXACT same thing that she did in high school, which defeats the entire point of his "giving them a chance to prove themselves" because Emmma already failed. Not to mention, he is meant to take on the task of convincing Aine to marry him, despite his having very little reason to help her or even improve the life of the woman who bullied him for what seems to be more than a year.

If I were writing this, I would have had the main character immediately shut Emma down with her nonsensical request since she never bothered to apologize to HIM but only did so to his mother. On top of that, one of the first things she says to him when they're in private is call him by the name she used to bully him at Aine's command. It's ridiculous to have this entire journey start with a guy acting like a complete doormat and letting his former bullies come back into his life, demanding that he save their lives after they gave him some pretty severe confidence issues. Issues that, to this very day, he would likely still be contending with! So, while he may have let go of the anger (or at least thought he did), those old emotions would still flare up and he would have absolutely zero reason to indulge Emma. It just makes more sense that way. He should have more self-respect for himself and you should too if anyone who's ever hurt you comes up to you and acts as though that everything is water under the bridge just because time has passed. No, things aren't just "water under the bridge". They hurt you and refused to apologize for it. Those people are not owed your respect nor your help and neither do they deserve it until they treat YOU like a proper human being. Refusing to help them or have them in your life doesn't make you a bad person as some are suggesting. Doing otherwise is what makes you a doormat.

This isn't about revenge or treating any of the girls like shit. This is about a human being demanding some small measure of respect from the person asking them to help them after THEY hurt him incredibly badly. Kei is being unreasonably nice to a bunch of people that neither deserve or have earned his good will, much less a place within his life as roommates or even friends. They hurt him, life went on, and now it seems like none of them cared at all about what they did to him and have the audacity to ask him for help. FFS, the felt so torn up about what happened that he literally went out of his way to change his physical appearance to make sure that NO ONE ELSE would ever call him piggy again. He didn't do it for his own peace of mind, but because of that specific experience that happened in the past. The game makes that abundantly clear. You don't just overlook that and have the guy just randomly go along with this fucked up plan of marrying his former bully who doesn't even know who he is. Honestly, at this point, I would fully expect Aine to just tell Kei to fuck off after he brings up the conversation of how she bullied him when he was younger and fatter, yet she treats him with a small amount of decency because he looks more physically attractive. In short, I'm not averse to the girls redeeming themselves, but at least make it clear that the MC actually isn't going to just let all of that shit slide as "Oh, we were just kids" or "I was going through something too!" nonsense that people like to throw out there to let bad people justify their own bad behavior. Neither of those things are proper justifications for doing what they did, they are nothing more than pathetic excuses made by people who expect others to forgive them after they apologize.

Yeah when emma brough up the nickname they had come up with for the mc i went yeah now you are just on my list of where do i kick you out ,and why on earth should i listen to you , she might have been bit more standoff ish till we know more of the pieces but with you beeing brute forced faced with yer past like that yeeeh off ,if you ever been bullied in life and meet the person who had done that to you and they use the name you been bullied with you are gonna get a few reactions and none of them are good

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Glad you like em! To be honest, there's been a poll on my Patreon page about which game will be prioritized over the other with a 2 to 1 release schedule. And I was taken aback with how Life Changing Choices took the lead. But nothing was decided yet. The final decision will still be on me. So, for now... we'll do the usual 1 to 1 release. A lot of feedback I got from the last release of LCC, lead me to a conclusion of remaking/remastering the game, that means I will overhaul everything, flesh out things, changed some LI designs, and we're going back to Episode 1 again. Many said that LCC still has superiority in terms of story, and I agree. And that gave me the push to do the remake. MBML however, will stay the way it is right now.

Naahh, mate. They go pretty well with my morning coffee. Just let them be. :KEK:

I really need to spend more time on patreon

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
Then you missed something because it was made very clear Hera told her to do it or she'd get worse.
Looking back over it, she explains that her mother made her do all of these things or she would face abuse for it and that's incredibly fucked. I can see that her explanation for doing what she did makes sense and it's certainly fucked that her mother is acting like the unbelievable snake she is. However, I can't shake the feeling that Kei is still just being way too willing to help her out, especially considering that he openly admits that she is the reason why he changed his image. He also told Emma before that he would see if they had actually changed before helping them, yet he's still so eager to help. I just don't get it. I'm not expecting him to hold a grudge, but I do feel like he really hasn't put much thought into actually helping her. Much less actually considering whether or not to trust that what she says is true. Especially considering that she has treated him absolutely horribly, even if it were under duress. But...at least she apologized. I'm glad NC didn't just go for the "OH GET OVER IT" route. This could've been a lot worse.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
He didn't do anything yet, mate. Talking to Hera personally, is for his own peace of mind. We haven't even reached the real face of the game yet. Judging the game this early, will just be a huge waste of your times.

I'm gonna change the MC's name to Zeus,and make him slap a bitch.

Also is Jessy gonna be fuckable?

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
He didn't do anything yet, mate. Talking to Hera personally, is for his own peace of mind. We haven't even reached the real face of the game yet. Judging the game this early, will just be a huge waste of your times.
I'm not judging the game in its entirety, but just giving my perception of what's happening. Because, it sort of comes off as he decides to talk to her to get her to stop messing with Aine and ask her Mom why she basically urged Aine to torment him. But if he really is only doing this for his own peace of mind to get closure from his bullying, then I can definitely accept that. It's just that the encounter that he had with Emma gave the impression that he was seriously considering helping Aine and Emma despite neither having apologized for what they did. With the new episode, it clarifies some things and demonstrates that Aine is actually repentant of her actions. In any case, I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time. It's just that there are a lot of people out there that treat issues like bullying and confronting your former bullies as though you SHOULD just let by gones be bygones without so much as an apology. I was afraid that this was going to be one of those narratives that showcased that with a main character that seemed super eager to do almost anything and everything for those that hurt him before, despite having no reason to.

Last edited:

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
I'm not judging the game in its entirety, but just giving my perception of what's happening. Because, it sort of comes off as he decides to talk to her to get her to stop messing with Aine and ask her Mom why she basically urged Aine to torment him. But if he really is only doing this for his own peace of mind to get closure from his bullying, then I can definitely accept that. It's just that the encounter that he had with Emma gave the impression that he was seriously considering helping Aine and Emma despite neither having apologized for what they did. With the new episode, it clarifies some things and demonstrates that Aine is actually repentant of her actions. In any case, I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time. It's just that there are a lot of people out there that treat issues like bullying and confronting your former bullies as though you SHOULD just be okay with interacting with it. I was afraid that this was going to be one of those narratives that showcased that with a main character that seemed super eager to do almost anything and everything for those that hurt him before, despite having no reason to.
1185552_1619432125240.png

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't think Emma is remorseless, I think she feels she can't ever forgive herself and doesn't deserve to be forgiven by the MC. She loves him more than anyone (except maybe Sky) at this point, but in her mind and feelings, she can't be with him at all because she needs him to help Aine. So she is sacrificing herself and her happiness and being as she is to basically not make herself available to the MC.
For me... I have NO problems with Klara, there is more there, I know it. But hey, that's me and you do you :)
I don't think she is remorseless, like you said from what we've seen she cares about him, but when you're trying to ask for help to a guy that you bullied and humiliated, I think you probably should show that you feel bad about it, or at the very least not call him by the name you used to make fun of him. Like I said my real problem is with Hera and Klara, the kids just got dragged into a childish conflict that they didn't have anything to do with.

ReddVollchia99

Jan 25, 2021
Gotta say... I agree with the other guy. MC is just too amicable with the girls. Especially when Emma told him to marry Aine, any normal person would have rejected her, and is not like that's not an option or the story would end (she did say she would have insisted till he accepted didn't she?)
Somebody mentioned there was a time limit right? well that's great! It raises the stakes, the girls don't really have that much time to prove themselves to the MC but he has already moved on from his grudge so is not impossible or unreasonable for him to fall for them but it's also not that easy. Makes things interesting you know?

Personally, I would have waited to reveal the reason for the bullying but I don't know how many episodes this may have and this is your story, so do it how you like and my dude, so far you're doing a great job!

Btw, is there going to be a Lily scene soon? she is kinda my fav. Also, damn you Emma the cockblocker! even though I usually love this type of character... I really hated her at that moment :ROFLMAO:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
I don't think she is remorseless, like you said from what we've seen she cares about him, but when you're trying to ask for help to a guy that you bullied and humiliated, I think you probably should show that you feel bad about it, or at the very least not call him by the name you used to make fun of him. Like I said my real problem is with Hera and Klara, the kids just got dragged into a childish conflict that they didn't have anything to do with.
I think she's doing that though, because she feels it will help keep her feelings in check AND will also make sure that the MC will not fall for her in any way. Plus, after their first talk, she has stopped calling him Piggy.
I do understand about the Hera/Klara thing... I think I am more willing to see what Klara has to say though then Hera. But, then again, I always have a soft spot for redheads lol

4.20 star(s) 139 Votes