Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
TropecitaGames : Just wanted you to know that I tried "My Dorm" on a lark...and I'm glad I did. When my biggest complaint is that you called Aurora, Illinois "nice" (I grew up close to there), you know you have something special going.

Hope to see more of Debbie, Daphne, and Scarlett in upcoming chapters -- and a few more "tags" added to the game (some anal options would be particularly welcome). Great work!
I'm glad you tried the game and enjoyed it.
It wasn't me who called Aurora "nice", it was Lisa, who was born there and has a very subjective opinion! My only information about Aurora is what I read on the internet, so it's only a placeholder name. We, Europeans who haven't traveled through the US, when we hear Illinois, we think about Chicago because the rest of the state isn't well known here (like most states), so I wanted someone from Illinois but not from Chicago. I liked Aurora's name.

Debbie, Daphne, and Scarlett will have a lot of protagonism in upcoming updates, at different paces because Daph and Scarlett already are in a relationship with the MC and Debbie hasn't been there for a day yet. She should evolve and the MC should win her heart.
About the new tags, don't worry; anal (optional) will go from planned to real tag not so far in the future. The MC has already brought up the issue a couple of times (with Norah and Megan), but right now they are still in the "This is our first/second time, and going full anal can wait".

Janglin' Jack

Mar 15, 2023
It wasn't me who called Aurora "nice", it was Lisa, who was born there and has a very subjective opinion! My only information about Aurora is what I read on the internet, so it's only a placeholder name. We, Europeans who haven't traveled through the US, when we hear Illinois, we think about Chicago because the rest of the state isn't well known here (like most states), so I wanted someone from Illinois but not from Chicago. I liked Aurora's name.
I totally understand! Please understand that this minor detail didn't bother me at all. I just thought it was amusing! :LOL:

Debbie, Daphne, and Scarlett will have a lot of protagonism in upcoming updates, at different paces because Daph and Scarlett already are in a relationship with the MC and Debbie hasn't been there for a day yet. She should evolve and the MC should win her heart.
About the new tags, don't worry; anal (optional) will go from planned to real tag not so far in the future. The MC has already brought up the issue a couple of times (with Norah and Megan), but right now they are still in the "This is our first/second time, and going full anal can wait".
Again, I totally understand. Mostly, I just brought it up to make my opinion known -- about my favorite girls and my preferred tags!

Once again, congratulations on your great game!

Reactions: Trope95

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
There will be a new addition (Betty, the one on the right in the preview I posted some time ago) to the game soon,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and she is heavier than Kate in the top department and a bit lighter in the rest. I designed both characters at the same time (that day I designed 6, the four students and these two ladies) and I wanted a specific body type for Kate and Betty, but wanted them to feel different. I ended up making Kate heavier with smaller breasts and Betty slimmer with bigger breasts.
Very nice! Regardless I'm a Pokémon trainer when it comes to Harem games and don't think I've ever rejected a girl in any I've played... I can't stand the sad look on their little pixel faces, afterwards. Plus if I reject I miss out on the writer's story for them.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Corn fields it's corn fields as far as the eye can see. And depending on how far you get into the corn fields a distrurbing amount of Confederate flags on pickup trucks, parked right next to Union graveyards/memorials.

At least in the southern half of the state, God I wish I lived in Chicago.

• Angry
  • Red Heart
Reactions: EJW and Trope95

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
1680271289244.png
Now of course when I hear Aurora, Illinois, I think of Wayne's World. (And of course based on Scarborough, Ontario)

Vad S

Feb 27, 2018
does not work, error appears on startup, Windows 10

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/modules/decisions/init.rpy", line 1, in script
init -98 python:
init -98 python:
File "game/modules/decisions/init.rpy", line 240, in <module>
myDormDecisions = MyDormDecisions (myDormDecisionsSettings)
NameError: name 'MyDormDecisions' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
init -98 python:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
init -98 python:
File "F:\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
My Dorm v0.9B.2
Sat Apr 1 22:10:11 2023

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

While running game code:
init -98 python:
init -98 python:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
init -98 python:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
init -98 python:
File "F:\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
My Dorm v0.9B.2
Hello,
That has to do with RiamMar 's mod. I'll tag him so he can help you, but meanwhile, can you download and reinstall the mod, please?

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican
Mar 26, 2022
A little bit late to the party, but here I am. Quite nice update, albeit it felt short for me. I liked these small interactions between MC (which was again called old, I feel bad for this homie :cry:) and his future roomates. Scene with Erika was good and surprisingly very romantic. It helped to flesh out her character more and she moved up in my ranking, but I still don't admire her that much like I love Nora or Mighty Martha, which ofc can change in the future. In summary, can't wait for more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and xapican

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017

While running game code:
init -98 python:
init -98 python:

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
init -98 python:
init -98 python:

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
My Dorm v0.9B.2
Have you, by chance only installed the ModFix2-only? Looks like the base mod "Mod v0.9B ModFix 1" is missing. The "Mod v0.9B ModFix 2 only" only contains one fixed file.

Edit
Suggestion to fix this: Go to my GitLab and download the latest version containing Fix1 and Fix2:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
A little bit late to the party, but here I am. Quite nice update, albeit it felt short for me. I liked these small interactions between MC (which was again called old, I feel bad for this homie :cry:) and his future roomates. Scene with Erika was good and surprisingly very romantic. It helped to flesh out her character more and she moved up in my ranking, but I still don't admire her that much like I love Nora or Mighty Martha, which ofc can change in the future. In summary, can't wait for more.
I'm happy you enjoyed the update. And you are not late, it was only published on Wednesday!
The idea about Erika's scene was romanticism. After her two last boyfriends being dicks, she deserved it.
Lately I get some comments about the updates feeling short, when every update is bigger than the previous one. I don't know if it's because the players who comment on it don't follow all the girls' paths or if they are so engaged with the game and the girls that it feel short for that reason. I hope it's the last one ;)
Calling the MC old is already a tongue-in-cheek joke that will happen from time to time.

Reactions: keefer43 and EJW

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm happy you enjoyed the update. And you are not late, it was only published on Wednesday!
The idea about Erika's scene was romanticism. After her two last boyfriends being dicks, she deserved it.
Lately I get some comments about the updates feeling short, when every update is bigger than the previous one. I don't know if it's because the players who comment on it don't follow all the girls' paths or if they are so engaged with the game and the girls that it feel short for that reason. I hope it's the last one ;)
Calling the MC old is already a tongue-in-cheek joke that will happen from time to time.
I'd be surprised if the people commenting on the length of the update aren't mostly like me ... people who only recently found your game (The first time I played I made it to the night before the students arrived).

Most of me is very happy you put out consistent updates in a relatively short time.

The rest of me has already played through the game two more times (and you and RiamMar have had to deal with the consequences of that already ...)

• Red Heart

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'd be surprised if the people commenting on the length of the update aren't mostly like me ... people who only recently found your game (The first time I played I made it to the night before the students arrived).

Most of me is very happy you put out consistent updates in a relatively short time.

The rest of me has already played through the game two more times (and you and RiamMar have had to deal with the consequences of that already ...)
You're imagining things, I'm not capable of dealing with anything. Barely able to keep myself alive and even that is a struggle! :HideThePain:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
You're imagining things, I'm not capable of dealing with anything. Barely able to keep myself alive and even that is a struggle! :HideThePain:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes