Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
The game is the same on Windows/Mac, only different compilations done with the Ren'py software. As I don't own a Mac, I can't test the sound thing. I'm sorry I can't help you with that issue.
On my Mac it work perfectly, there's both sound and music so I don't know what can be the issue. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Why is there no sound in the macOS version of the game, only music comes out
The game is the same on Windows/Mac, only different compilations done with the Ren'py software. As I don't own a Mac, I can't test the sound thing. I'm sorry I can't help you with that issue.
Sound and Music shouldn't be system specific. It's all in the "game" folder. Can you check your /game/music folder, there should be 193 files (some of them are links)? Did you use my update patch? Maybe I made a mistake. Will check the patches. The patch only added like 4 tracks anyways, kinda weird that you don't have sound, but music. DId you try a reinstall?

Last edited:

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
for the life of me i dont know what all are talking about with this clone business lmao
Eva and Amanda (aka the two spies) are linked to the cloning business the family had when the MC was a kid. There was a plane crash where some people died (Three uncles in the Incest version/Mom, Uncle, and Martha's boyfriend in the non-Incest one), and the cloning business got out of the hands of the family to be managed by a Foundation.
That story arc is hinted at for the first time in the intro, and has resurfaced from time to time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AMDrx6700xt

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Eva and Amanda (aka the two spies) are linked to the cloning business the family had when the MC was a kid. There was a plane crash where some people died (Three uncles in the Incest version/Mom, Uncle, and Martha's boyfriend in the non-Incest one), and the cloning business got out of the hands of the family to be managed by a Foundation.
That story arc is hinted at for the first time in the intro, and has resurfaced from time to time.
somehow i hope that the whole clone thing will be avoidable like rejecting the fathers call.
i just cant stand it that the mc (as nice as he is) will just accept this and accept all of it with open arm while in reality it just would mean his family and all who knew about it were a bunch of criminals who conducted forbidden experiments in creating clones and bring danger to the mc and the rest of the family (or just do the right thing instead of nice and get them arrested for the crimes they conducted)

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
somehow i hope that the whole clone thing will be avoidable like rejecting the fathers call.
i just cant stand it that the mc (as nice as he is) will just accept this and accept all of it with open arm while in reality it just would mean his family and all who knew about it were a bunch of criminals who conducted forbidden experiments in creating clones and bring danger to the mc and the rest of the family (or just do the right thing instead of nice and get them arrested for the crimes they conducted)
It won't be avoidable, sorry. It forms part of the background story.
The MC already knows there was a cloning business (and in the non-incest version he knows Emma, Erika, and Daphne are clones). The family members involved in the business are long dead (three uncles 18 years ago in the incest version/his mother, an uncle, and Martha's then-boyfriend 16 years ago in the non-incest), so he couldn't hold a grudge against anyone alive.
The ones who are alive now are either unknowing of the extent of the business and uninvolved in it (Martha and Norah), victims of the business (Eva and Amanda), or produced by it (Eva and Amanda in the incest version/Erika, Daphne, and Emma in the non-incest).
There will be some moral choices down the road about this story arc, but Norah and Martha won't end up in jail.

Melanx0l1k

Feb 28, 2023
Sound and Music shouldn't be system specific. It's all in the "game" folder. Can you check your /game/music folder, there should be 193 files (some of them are links)? Did you use my update patch? Maybe I made a mistake. Will check the patches. The patch only added like 4 tracks anyways, kinda weird that you don't have sound, but music. DId you try a reinstall?
i reinstall game now and didnt work& Whats patch?

Reactions: Trope95

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
i reinstall game now and didnt work& Whats patch?
Nvm, I meant, the update only patch. But since you reinstalled. That wouldn't matter anymore.
So that means it's not a problem with the game files.

Sadly, I don't know much more about mac. Maybe PBS666 can help, he helped me with mac stuff before.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Why is there no sound in the macOS version of the game, only music comes out
On my Mac it work perfectly, there's both sound and music so I don't know what can be the issue. :)
FWIW

Since I don't know when I'm supposed to hear a sound, it's hard to tell if it's missing or not.
Starting from the beginning, the first sound I heard was the shower running. Before that, the game was mute (music turned off).
I noticed the audio files were a hodgepodge of different formats, a lot of them ogg. MacOS does not natively support that format AFAIK. They need to be converted to another format first.

Edit: removed an unneeded quote that seemingly had stuck in my browsers memory.

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
FWIW

Since I don't know when I'm supposed to hear a sound, it's hard to tell if it's missing or not.
Starting from the beginning, the first sound I heard was the shower running. Before that, the game was mute (music turned off).
I noticed the audio files were a hodgepodge of different formats, a lot of them ogg. MacOS does not natively support that format AFAIK. They need to be converted to another format first.

Edit: removed an unneeded quote that seemingly had stuck in my browsers memory.
The first audio files were mp3 and wav, then I changed to ogg both for music and SFX due to it being a lighter format, I think Ren'py provides support for ogg in every platform it runs, but I can't be sure. If you hear the music from the yoga class onward, all of it (except for reused themes) are ogg.

Reactions: eltharion83

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
It won't be avoidable, sorry. It forms part of the background story.
The MC already knows there was a cloning business (and in the non-incest version he knows Emma, Erika, and Daphne are clones). The family members involved in the business are long dead (three uncles 18 years ago in the incest version/his mother, an uncle, and Martha's then-boyfriend 16 years ago in the non-incest), so he couldn't hold a grudge against anyone alive.
The ones who are alive now are either unknowing of the extent of the business and uninvolved in it (Martha and Norah), victims of the business (Eva and Amanda), or produced by it (Eva and Amanda in the incest version/Erika, Daphne, and Emma in the non-incest).
There will be some moral choices down the road about this story arc, but Norah and Martha won't end up in jail.
I actually quite like the "mysterious 'shady genetic technology (gen-tech)' backstory/subtext twist", as some variation of it is an element of several (personal favorite) adult games that I am currently playing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: xapican and Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I actually quite like the "mysterious 'shady genetic technology (gen-tech)' backstory/subtext twist", as some variation of it is an element of several (personal favorite) adult games that I am currently playing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My Dorm is an adaptation of a (non adult) short story I wrote some (a lot of) years ago. Obviously most of it has changed to adapt it to the AVN format: It hadn't a Dorm, it was settled in a farming colony on another planet in the 23rd century, and it had lots of violence not seen by the protagonists (most of the farmers around the MC farm were murdered by an unknown antagonist during out-of-pov scenes.), etc.
I got that story, removed all the things that didn't work well (for the story and for the AVN genre), and added a lot of things to convert it into an AVN. From the original story, only the family living unknowingly in danger, the unknown protectors (Eva and Amanda in this case), and the unknown antagonist remained.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
The first audio files were mp3 and wav, then I changed to ogg both for music and SFX due to it being a lighter format, I think Ren'py provides support for ogg in every platform it runs, but I can't be sure. If you hear the music from the yoga class onward, all of it (except for reused themes) are ogg.
Ok. I checked that scene with the music turned on and I could hear it loud and clear. So the ogg format is definitely not an issue here.
Maybe the original poster had only the music turned on in the game preferences without realising it and this is just a goose chase, IDK.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Ok. I checked that scene with the music turned on and I could hear it loud and clear. So the ogg format is definitely not an issue here.
Maybe the original poster had only the music turned on in the game preferences without realising it and this is just a goose chase, IDK.
Thanks for checking it.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes