xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
MarsUltor :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I was about to pulling your leg about the influence of Sperm in gen tech develpment
to finally recomend you that game from where I know you from........but you had to put it in a spoiler well played , well played :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: mate !

• Haha
Reactions: MarsUltor

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I promised to not have you waiting for 20 months for sex with Martha. It's not yet 12 months from the initial release, so I still have some margin. ;)
Can't wait to see, but at the same time I'm enjoying the game with this pace I don't want you to overexert yourself , take your time and thank you for all you did 'til now. :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Can't wait to see, but at the same time I'm enjoying the game with this pace I don't want you to overexert yourself , take your time and thank you for all you did 'til now. :giggle:
Until the branching kicked in, I was able to release an update every 25 days on average (the goal was one update every month), the last two updates took 42 and 47 days to do because the branching forced me to do whole variants for the same scene (Scarlett+Daphne in 0.9A and Maddie in 0.9B). Luckily in 0.10 and 0.11 there isn't any scene like those two, so I hoped to return to the monthly update route (± 5 days) for the next releases. 0.10 will be a bit delayed because there is a long scene that once finished resulted in it being crap, so I'm aiming for a Patreon release in a couple of weeks from now.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Until the branching kicked in, I was able to release an update every 25 days on average (the goal was one update every month), the last two updates took 42 and 47 days to do because the branching forced me to do whole variants for the same scene (Scarlett+Daphne in 0.9A and Maddie in 0.9B). Luckily in 0.10 and 0.11 there isn't any scene like those two, so I hoped to return to the monthly update route (± 5 days) for the next releases. 0.10 will be a bit delayed because there is a long scene that once finished resulted in it being crap, so I'm aiming for a Patreon release in a couple of weeks from now.
Cool, and thanks for the info I'm glad you set a reasonable estimation on updates based on what you need to do, and you being so upfront and honest about how the scenes planning may impact the update release you will. not have issues with your patreons.
I wish you all the best in the hope to be able to help you as soon as I will get a better job, thank you for all you're doing. :giggle:

RR6612

Sep 3, 2017
Until the branching kicked in,
Ha, I can Imagine. Many developers run into this, especially when there are many girls to consider and variatons. Good Luck man hope you can make it all work, one the few game i actually paid for so i'm invested ;) .

Just a thought, don't know of it would help. But maybe it's an idea to storyboard the scenes? Altough that also means more work, but it can help with giveg an overview of the work that needs to be done.

• Red Heart

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Cool, and thanks for the info I'm glad you set a reasonable estimation on updates based on what you need to do, and you being so upfront and honest about how the scenes planning may impact the update release you will. not have issues with your patreons.
I wish you all the best in the hope to be able to help you as soon as I will get a better job, thank you for all you're doing. :giggle:
Thanks for your kind words.
I will always be honest with you, the players. I won't invent excuses about a hard disk failing and making me lose 500 renders, a health problem, or a family issue. During the last year hard disks have broken (but backups exist for a reason), I've had health problems (like everyone), and I've had family issues (also like everyone), but it never served as an excuse for me to delay an update.
Except for one of the health issues, no one has known about the other problems I've experienced, and that one was because it was a funny way to lose weight (although I don't recommend it), roll down the stairs, end with your face on the railing, and lose 4 teeth :p. I informed the players about it because I had some visits to the dentist and wasn't going to be available on Discord during my usual schedule. But it wasn't used as an excuse for a delay.
I inform you about the development issues I have, like a scene that should be redone, or when I mess up with some renders, but that is because I think you have to be informed about these things. Once again, because I want to be 100% honest with you.
Not being honest, start lying and making excuses would only lead to being caught down the road and losing the players' trust. Not a good thing. I prefer that you think I'm a dev who makes a lot of mistakes than thinking I'm a liar.

Ha, I can Imagine. Many developers run into this, especially when there are many girls to consider and variatons. Good Luck man hope you can make it all work, one the few game i actually paid for so i'm invested ;) .

Just a thought, don't know of it would help. But maybe it's an idea to storyboard the scenes? Altough that also means more work, but it can help with giveg an overview of the work that needs to be done.
Especially with Maddie's variants I hit a wall. I wanted Maddie and the MC to be the same people in different circumstances and adapt to them, I wrote the three scenes separately and they looked like 6 different people (Dom Maddie was a bit of a psychopath). If I wasn't giving the players the option of seeing the alternative scenes it could pass, but it wasn't what I wanted. So I wrote and rewrote the scenes a lot of times before rendering them. The final result was what I wanted the players to see if they played the three variants, the romance scene was right, and in the dom scenes they were the same people in an awkward situation where they have to discover how the domination game works.

My problem with that scene is that once I mounted text, image, and animation, didn't transmit anything to me. I planned it for a scenario, changed my mind before rendering it, rewrote parts of it, and the whole scene was bland. I changed to the original scenario, recovered the original text, added something here and there, and now I'm redesigning the renders for the new scenario and the new additions in text. Storyboarding the scene would have ended with the same result, it looked good separately, the renders, the text... but the joint result was like mixing a T-Bone (good on itself) with a pain-au-chocolat (good on itself): awful. But nothing that rewriting and re-rendering the scene can't solve ;)

I hope when it's published I still can keep you interested and invested.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Thanks for your kind words.
I will always be honest with you, the players. I won't invent excuses about a hard disk failing and making me lose 500 renders, a health problem, or a family issue. During the last year hard disks have broken (but backups exist for a reason), I've had health problems (like everyone), and I've had family issues (also like everyone), but it never served as an excuse for me to delay an update.
Except for one of the health issues, no one has known about the other problems I've experienced, and that one was because it was a funny way to lose weight (although I don't recommend it), roll down the stairs, end with your face on the railing, and lose 4 teeth :p. I informed the players about it because I had some visits to the dentist and wasn't going to be available on Discord during my usual schedule. But it wasn't used as an excuse for a delay.
I inform you about the development issues I have, like a scene that should be redone, or when I mess up with some renders, but that is because I think you have to be informed about these things. Once again, because I want to be 100% honest with you.
Not being honest, start lying and making excuses would only lead to being caught down the road and losing the players' trust. Not a good thing. I prefer that you think I'm a dev who makes a lot of mistakes than thinking I'm a liar.

Especially with Maddie's variants I hit a wall. I wanted Maddie and the MC to be the same people in different circumstances and adapt to them, I wrote the three scenes separately and they looked like 6 different people (Dom Maddie was a bit of a psychopath). If I wasn't giving the players the option of seeing the alternative scenes it could pass, but it wasn't what I wanted. So I wrote and rewrote the scenes a lot of times before rendering them. The final result was what I wanted the players to see if they played the three variants, the romance scene was right, and in the dom scenes they were the same people in an awkward situation where they have to discover how the domination game works.

My problem with that scene is that once I mounted text, image, and animation, didn't transmit anything to me. I planned it for a scenario, changed my mind before rendering it, rewrote parts of it, and the whole scene was bland. I changed to the original scenario, recovered the original text, added something here and there, and now I'm redesigning the renders for the new scenario and the new additions in text. Storyboarding the scene would have ended with the same result, it looked good separately, the renders, the text... but the joint result was like mixing a T-Bone (good on itself) with a pain-au-chocolat (good on itself): awful. But nothing that rewriting and re-rendering the scene can't solve ;)

I hope when it's published I still can keep you interested and invested.
There's a very short list of things that could make me lose interest on this. Since you've already said you don't like them too... I feel quite confident that I'm here for the long haul.

Do what you need to do to feel satisfied with the result. We'll be here afterwards to enjoy it.

I've already said it, but I'll repeat it, one of, if not the major one, reasons of the success of My Dorm, resides in you and your spectacular communication skills. It is indeed a pleasure to spend time on this thread.

There's issues with the game? The story? The graphics? Probably. None of them are game-breaking. And, it's plain to see that you are working on whatever you find, improving constantly. What is also clear is that even the bloody bots are welcomed by you. :)

Stay frosty, You got this.

Peace :)

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
There's a very short list of things that could make me lose interest on this. Since you've already said you don't like them too... I feel quite confident that I'm here for the long haul.
What is this referring to? It has me ever so slightly worried, but mostly just curious.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
What is this referring to? It has me ever so slightly worried, but mostly just curious.
This short list I mention, is the "kinks" I simply CAN'T stand or WILL not stand. You want me to enumerate them?
- Non consensual sex. Sleep sex, sex under the influence, any form of rape.
- Humiliation. Full stop.
- Hard Domination and even some light ones. Even if consensual. If there ever was a way to turn me completely off that's the way.
- Cheating.
- Netorare.
- Scat.
- Vore.
- Necrophilia.
- Most forms of BDSM, I don't care if it's consensual, I don't care. Any form of violence, I'm out. But, particularly Sadism is an absolute no. I tend to be a bit extreme in this and not having any tolerance to people that hurt others for pleasure. It comes from my personal history and experience and there's no chance that this will ever change.

Most of the rest I can find a way to get along with.

What does this mean? It means that those are MY OWN limits in regards of MY enjoyment of these games/stories/whatever.

Does this mean that I am imposing limits on your stuff? No, you do you. Enjoy what you enjoy.

I simply ask that I don't have to know if you are hurting people IRL, that would probably make me do unpleasant things, please never let me know.

Clear?

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This short list I mention, is the "kinks" I simply CAN'T stand or WILL not stand. You want me to enumerate them?
- Hard Domination and even some light ones. Even if consensual. If there ever was a way to turn me completely off that's the way.
- Cheating.
- Netorare.
- Scat.
- Vore.
- Necrophilia.
- Most forms of BDSM, I don't care if it's consensual, I don't care. Any form of violence, I'm out. But, particularly Sadism is an absolute no. I tend to be a bit extreme in this and not having any tolerance to people that hurt others for pleasure. It comes from my personal history and experience and there's no chance that this will ever change.

What does this mean? It means that those are MY OWN limits in regards of MY enjoyment of these games/stories/whatever.

Does this mean that I am imposing limits on your stuff? No, you do you. Enjoy what you enjoy.

I simply ask that I don't have to know if you are hurting people IRL, that would probably make me do unpleasant things, please never let me know.

Clear?

I was just wondering what is was that you're against that Trop had said they themselves are against, sorry if I offend or upset you.

• Red Heart

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
- Cheating.
- Netorare.
- Scat.
- Vore.
- Necrophilia.

Clear?

I guess we all can relate to that.
Fortunatly i can't remember any case of added "unforgivable" kink to any game i enjoy. The worst i remember was changing into a Sandbox experience halfway though the VN. A day before i could sex all the characters, "next" day i had to grind affection points, that they even consider to spead with my MC again. :cautious:
OFC i deleted it instantly and never touch it again. ;)

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
I guess we all can relate to that.
Fortunatly i can't remember any case of added "unforgivable" kink to any game i enjoy. The worst i remember was changing into a Sandbox experience halfway though the VN. A day before i could sex all the characters, "next" day i had to grind affection points, that they even consider to spead with my MC again. :cautious:
OFC i deleted it instantly and never touch it again. ;)
Sadly I can remember one case as it happened just shortly.
A wholesome harem game with a bit of a "dark" background story just for some plot to happen went pretty dark out of nowhere with one of the girls getting kidnapped and beaten almost to death, almost raped and it has been a pretty close call rescuing here. The buildup with this char has been smooth up to this point and she was more on the shy side. Sadly the next morning still in the hospital she decided to lose her V-card just a few hours after almost being beaten to death... Call some bs...
Another LI and girl close to joining the harem has been on the kinkier side with some not-so-casual things but out of nowhere we were told she was blackmailed, gang-raped, and abused for years - even overlapping with our involvement with her.
Way to ruin a game and alienate your followers after years of content not even close to this... If you plan stuff like that you should announce this in the tags planned section and mention it with a few sentences within the dev notes or in the description of the game, sadly none of this happened and all of this came totally out of the left field...

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Sadly I can remember one case as it happened just shortly.
A wholesome harem game with a bit of a "dark" background story just for some plot to happen went pretty dark out of nowhere with one of the girls getting kidnapped and beaten almost to death, almost raped and it has been a pretty close call rescuing here. The buildup with this char has been smooth up to this point and she was more on the shy side. Sadly the next morning still in the hospital she decided to lose her V-card just a few hours after almost being beaten to death... Call some bs...
Another LI and girl close to joining the harem has been on the kinkier side with some not-so-casual things but out of nowhere we were told she was blackmailed, gang-raped, and abused for years - even overlapping with our involvement with her.
Way to ruin a game and alienate your followers after years of content not even close to this... If you plan stuff like that you should announce this in the tags planned section and mention it with a few sentences within the dev notes or in the description of the game, sadly none of this happened and all of this came totally out of the left field...
Uh, that's sad. I feel ya.
Honestly, it sounds like some Whale (a very rich Person) decided to support that Developer, when he adds that stuff and the dev couldn't let that chance slip. :unsure:

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
Uh, that's sad. I feel ya.
Honestly, it sounds like some Whale (a very rich Person) decided to support that Developer, when he adds that stuff and the dev couldn't let that chance slip. :unsure:
I guess this may be the case.
The change of direction was severe in my opinion.
...Lately, I've thought about creating my own VN as I enjoy writing, it calms me and I've also published several things up to now. It's a nice thing, relaxing me after 12-14 hours of work every damn day.
I've also basic knowledge of coding in Visual Basic and Java, so this stuff should also be doable after working on it.
...I've just no damn clue about the programs to use, or how and where to get the models, etc., I'd need a tutorial on all of this and some time to experiment...
A basic plot with some additional work is already done, just for the fun atm, at about 60 pages in length up to now... I generally enjoy series over films and novel series over single books, I'm a friend of ongoing things with deep development and always in for the long run. Many VNs are decent at the beginning but most of them speed up and are damn hasty at the end finishing everything up with a Tsunami of maybes after a story resembling a calm sea...

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I guess this may be the case.
The change of direction was severe in my opinion.
...Lately, I've thought about creating my own VN as I enjoy writing, it calms me and I've also published several things up to now. It's a nice thing, relaxing me after 12-14 hours of work every damn day.
I've also basic knowledge of coding in Visual Basic and Java, so this stuff should also be doable after working on it.
...I've just no damn clue about the programs to use, or how and where to get the models, etc., I'd need a tutorial on all of this and some time to experiment...
A basic plot with some additional work is already done, just for the fun atm, at about 60 pages in length up to now... I generally enjoy series over films and novel series over single books, I'm a friend of ongoing things with deep development and always in for the long run. Many VNs are decent at the beginning but most of them speed up and are damn hasty at the end finishing everything up with a Tsunami of maybes after a story resembling a calm sea...
I think DAZ 3D in combination with Photoshop would be the Tool to compose the models and scenes. Assets are available in the Latest Updates - Assets Section.
It's cool, that you have found something for yourself to relax from all the bullshit that happens IRL. Good luck with that, Keep going! (y)

I too do like series more than movies. The character development is much deeper and everything has time to develop. But i favor the "new"-formats series which are more compressed with a max of 10-12 episodes per season over the "old" 24-29 Episodes with so much filler material.
I guess many times devs coming up with good plots, but losing focus on their stories and pushing for way to much sexual content, and then it gets kinda stale and they lose motivation and pushing for an ending. :unsure:

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes