Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
This short list I mention, is the "kinks" I simply CAN'T stand or WILL not stand. You want me to enumerate them?
1- Non consensual sex. Sleep sex, sex under the influence, any form of rape.
2- Humiliation. Full stop.
3- Hard Domination and even some light ones. Even if consensual. If there ever was a way to turn me completely off that's the way.
4- Cheating.
5- Netorare.
6- Scat.
7- Vore.
8- Necrophilia.
9- Most forms of BDSM, I don't care if it's consensual, I don't care. Any form of violence, I'm out. But, particularly Sadism is an absolute no. I tend to be a bit extreme in this and not having any tolerance to people that hurt others for pleasure. It comes from my personal history and experience and there's no chance that this will ever change.

Most of the rest I can find a way to get along with.

What does this mean? It means that those are MY OWN limits in regards of MY enjoyment of these games/stories/whatever.

Does this mean that I am imposing limits on your stuff? No, you do you. Enjoy what you enjoy.

I simply ask that I don't have to know if you are hurting people IRL, that would probably make me do unpleasant things, please never let me know.

Clear?

Peace :)
I've put numbers in your anti-kinks for clarity.
2,5,6,7, and 8 won't appear in My Dorm, as I promised.
1 has already appeared as Sleep Sex. Poor MC woke up in the forest with Emma's lips around his dick. I know you aren't meaning that, and I can add the promise that the MC won't creep in at night trying to take advantage of sleeping students. Or worst, Meemaw. Meemaw needs consensual love and she needs to be awake to enjoy it.
3 surely I am not able to do it even in the case I wanted to do it (I don't). If you don't know a lot about that world, better leave it on light, playful dom (Maddie's style).
4. No one will cheat on the MC. Ever. But someone can cheat on her boyfriend with (or leave her husband for) the MC (or be considered as that).
About 9, no B, S, or M, only light D as exposed on 3.

Sadly I can remember one case as it happened just shortly.
A wholesome harem game with a bit of a "dark" background story just for some plot to happen went pretty dark out of nowhere with one of the girls getting kidnapped and beaten almost to death, almost raped and it has been a pretty close call rescuing here. The buildup with this char has been smooth up to this point and she was more on the shy side. Sadly the next morning still in the hospital she decided to lose her V-card just a few hours after almost being beaten to death... Call some bs...
Another LI and girl close to joining the harem has been on the kinkier side with some not-so-casual things but out of nowhere we were told she was blackmailed, gang-raped, and abused for years - even overlapping with our involvement with her.
Way to ruin a game and alienate your followers after years of content not even close to this... If you plan stuff like that you should announce this in the tags planned section and mention it with a few sentences within the dev notes or in the description of the game, sadly none of this happened and all of this came totally out of the left field...
What's the name of that game? It's for research reasons ;)
Really it's to never try it out.

Uh, that's sad. I feel ya.
Honestly, it sounds like some Whale (a very rich Person) decided to support that Developer, when he adds that stuff and the dev couldn't let that chance slip. :unsure:
That is bad politics from my PoV, but I do this game first and foremost as the game I would like to play and the story I would like to write. If Mr. X comes with a couple of million euros (paying upfront) and asks me to kill Martha, I will do it, and publish it as My Dorm(Mr. X edition). I could retire from my job and invest the time I'm in my job to do HIS game, but I won't change (M)Y(OUR) game and My Dorm would continue the same way.

I guess this may be the case.
The change of direction was severe in my opinion.
...Lately, I've thought about creating my own VN as I enjoy writing, it calms me and I've also published several things up to now. It's a nice thing, relaxing me after 12-14 hours of work every damn day.
I've also basic knowledge of coding in Visual Basic and Java, so this stuff should also be doable after working on it.
...I've just no damn clue about the programs to use, or how and where to get the models, etc., I'd need a tutorial on all of this and some time to experiment...
A basic plot with some additional work is already done, just for the fun atm, at about 60 pages in length up to now... I generally enjoy series over films and novel series over single books, I'm a friend of ongoing things with deep development and always in for the long run. Many VNs are decent at the beginning but most of them speed up and are damn hasty at the end finishing everything up with a Tsunami of maybes after a story resembling a calm sea...
Daz3D for the visuals. I don't use any other software. Primarily because I don't know my way with photoshop. 99% of the images are as Daz renders them. 1% have the rogue pixel I correct in... Paint.
Ren'py for the coding. Not necessary to be a python guru to make something easy as is My Dorm right now, but it's always good to have someone who knows a lot to do cool things (thanks RiamMar )
F95 and Discord for the laughs.
It's a great experience if you treat well your player base. I recommend it to everyone who ask me about making a game,

I think DAZ 3D in combination with Photoshop would be the Tool to compose the models and scenes. Assets are available in the Latest Updates - Assets Section.
It's cool, that you have found something for yourself to relax from all the bullshit that happens IRL. Good luck with that, Keep going! (y)

I too do like series more than movies. The character development is much deeper and everything has time to develop. But i favor the "new"-formats series which are more compressed with a max of 10-12 episodes per season over the "old" 24-29 Episodes with so much filler material.
I guess many times devs coming up with good plots, but losing focus on their stories and pushing for way to much sexual content, and then it gets kinda stale and they lose motivation and pushing for an ending. :unsure:
About this, if you monetize your game, I don't recommend doing it with illegally acquired assets. Some time ago I heard of someone who is in a legal problem because of it. Be it Daz assets, copyrighted music, or anything related to Disney or Nintendo.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
About this, if you monetize your game, I don't recommend doing it with illegally acquired assets. Some time ago I heard of someone who is in a legal problem because of it. Be it Daz assets, copyrighted music, or anything related to Disney or Nintendo.
Yes, ofc i agree.
It is a start, to get familiar with, but everything should be purchased before monetarizing your creations.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
What's the name of that game? It's for research reasons ;)
Really it's to never try it out.
That game looks like "My Real Desire". TBH, it was easy to predict, her erratic behavior was quite obvious.

As I said, I am not worried about you, Trope, or this game.

S1nsational, no worries mate. Sorry if I came across has upset, I wasn't. I was however on the bad end of a 28 hour insomnia, and only managed to sleep 3 hours. My anxiety has been acting up for the past week the usual meds aren't working this time, this leaves me quite short tempered and sometimes... well... you know. I was trying to write while family was having an argument right beside me. It's not their fault either, but it all at the same time, proved a bit too much for me. I press POST and went to bed and slept 3 hours. Hurrahhhhhh, I'm cured (NOT). :(

Peace :)

EJW

Jul 13, 2018
For me the femdom does not make any sense because of the way you wrote the mc. you did not make him weak or weak minded. You wrote the mc to take charge and help people. Basically, he takes charge of things and get shit done. The MC's personality does not fit being dominated. That is my impression of the MC.

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
For me the femdom does not make any sense because of the way you wrote the mc. you did not make him weak or weak minded. You wrote the mc to take charge and help people. Basically, he takes charge of things and get shit done. The MC's personality does not fit being dominated. That is my impression of the MC.
I agree. That is why femdom is written with him accepting a blackmail that has no power over him (blackmail can only occur if he is en route with Martha). He accepts it because the surprise of the situation makes him horny the first time. He knows he can quit whenever he wants to or whenever he stops liking it or feeling comfortable. He knows that Maddie has no power over him, but he lets her believe that she does.

Neither is maledom in his character. For him the important thing is to make the people he cares about feel good, but Maddie needed a lesson after the blackmail attempt. So both routes (maledom and femdom) will have an option to turn them into romance, which is the only way Maddie will be able to join the harem. If not converted to romance, Maddie and the MC's relationship will continue, but outside of the harem and the family.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
would love to request a 32bit version///
Is the PC version only 64 bits? It's the common compilation for Windows/Linux.
I just discovered this announcement in Ren¡py website after your message.
1680807563939.png
I upgraded to Ren'py 8.0 some updates ago, so I think that's the problem.

Do you play on Windows or Linux? I can try to make a compilation supporting 32 bits, but I don't know if I'll succeed.

DerpyDeeDoo

May 7, 2021
Great update. The new content was pretty sweet. And I love how you go out of your way to make sex consent very clear and well defined. Most games tiptoe on misogyny and keep some interactions vague with respect to consent, but here the MC is all about complete honesty and stops if there is any hint of hesitation in the women. Not to kinkshame nonconsensual sex fantasy, but it's refreshingly wholesome to see a responsible MC try to maintain his harem through honesty, respect, love, and empowerment, rather than deception, manipulation, or coercion. The closest it gets to being iffy is with the dual Scarlett / Daphne path and how he demands complete honesty from others in a manner that exerts his power in the relationship (since he doesnt have to reciprocate and tell them everything the same way he demands it from others). But even that wasn't really problematic because power dynamics and imbalance is a part of every relationship, no matter how hard you try to minimize it. And he's well within his right to set the ground rules for his relationships, even if they are unfair. But I digress.

One question: towards the end of the new update, you are presented with the option to impregnate all girls on your path, or only those with whom you've already impregnated. How will this work if you have impregnated all the girls on your path? What difference will it make?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
One question: towards the end of the new update, you are presented with the option to impregnate all girls on your path, or only those with whom you've already impregnated. How will this work if you have impregnated all the girls on your path? What difference will it make?
TL;DR: In your case, it makes no difference.

If you impregnated all your girls, your girls being the ones you are on path with, by picking the "Creampie + Pregnancy" choices, they will be pregnant, regardless of what you picked from those two choices

In the epilogue you will have children with all the girls you are in path.
All the girls you're on path with will be pregnant.

You will only have children with the girls you get pregnant during the game
Your girls will only be pregnant, if you actually picked the "Crempie + Pregnancy" choice with that girl, somewhere in the course of the game.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I just had a very funny (to me) thought. So, you know how the vast majority of our girls know we're with other girls but not who? Well, imagine if all that (very annoying) secrecy is kept up until all the various pregnancies start showing, and that how all the girls find out about who we're dating because they see everyone pregnant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I just had a very funny (to me) thought. So, you know how the vast majority of our girls know we're with other girls but not who? Well, imagine if all that (very annoying) secrecy is kept up until all the various pregnancies start showing, and that how all the girls find out about who we're dating because they see everyone pregnant
And then we will have a new version of the Mexican Standoff. With fingers and bellies.

Tropecita, please make it so. :D

Peace :D

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Just imagine:

Norah, Erika, Emma, dress in their swimming suits, get down to the Pool. Then look at each others bellies, go " Wha....???" and point at the other 2....

Comedy GOLD right there.

The only way I'd be ok with this admitedly funny idea (which I take full credit for) actually happening is if it's a bonus in one of the end of chapter What If things. But for it to actually happen? Noooooo. Secrets keep no one safe and make no one happy

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Great update. The new content was pretty sweet. And I love how you go out of your way to make sex consent very clear and well defined. Most games tiptoe on misogyny and keep some interactions vague with respect to consent, but here the MC is all about complete honesty and stops if there is any hint of hesitation in the women. Not to kinkshame nonconsensual sex fantasy, but it's refreshingly wholesome to see a responsible MC try to maintain his harem through honesty, respect, love, and empowerment, rather than deception, manipulation, or coercion. The closest it gets to being iffy is with the dual Scarlett / Daphne path and how he demands complete honesty from others in a manner that exerts his power in the relationship (since he doesnt have to reciprocate and tell them everything the same way he demands it from others). But even that wasn't really problematic because power dynamics and imbalance is a part of every relationship, no matter how hard you try to minimize it. And he's well within his right to set the ground rules for his relationships, even if they are unfair. But I digress.

The MC always tried to be honest. When he has had the chance to tell the girls he's with other girls he has done it, but note that, except for Megan (shy path) and Maddie (maledom path), he hasn't started any relationship. He has found himself with a lady in his arms and rejecting her would mean hurting her. His goal is to make the girls he cares for happy, so nonconsensual, openly cheating or lying is the opposite.
With Scarlett and Daphne, he demands complete honesty before he is in a relationship with any of them; when he accepts to teach them how to kiss. Scarlett and Daphne don't comply with it and he has to remind them of the original rule, but he's honest also, he tells them that he is (or can be) with other girls.

About the pregnancy question, it is there for the people who:
a.- Have pregnancy blocked because don't like pregnant sex
b.- Is so in love with a girl's body that doesn't want to see her pregnant (just kidding).
As RiamMar said, with the first option, the players with pregnancy blocked or that don't impregnate girl X because they don't want to see her pregnant, will have kids with all the girls they are in path with between the end of the game and the epilogue.
The second option means that only the girls impregnated during the game will have kids in the epilogue.

NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!

I just want an end to all these stupid secrets!! :cry::cry::cry:
Since the bellies will develop mostly off-screen during the time skip, it's something I can't do. Also, some girls have been thinking about telling to someone else they are with us.
* Erika wants to tell Norah (and knows about Norah).
* Alexia knows about Norah and Eileen.
* Eileen knows about Alexia and Erika.
* Scarlett and Daphne know about each other.
* Norah knows something is happening with Martha.
* Simone doesn't want to tell Samantha, but Erika, Daphne, and Emma are their only friends.
* Martha will connect the dots about Norah's "young lad". And thinks that maybe there is something with Sam.
* Emma is "Ugh? Who the other girls can be?"
* Megan and Maddie don't care.
* Sam cares too much and doesn't want anyone to know.
* Amanda and Eva know everything that happened in the houses.
* Kate, Kim, Debbie, and Lisa can't imagine anything that happened in the houses.

And then we will have a new version of the Mexican Standoff. With fingers and bellies.

Tropecita, please make it so. :D

Just imagine:

Norah, Erika, Emma, dress in their swimming suits, get down to the Pool. Then look at each others bellies, go " Wha....???" and point at the other 2....

Comedy GOLD right there.

1680819399400.png

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Since the bellies will develop mostly off-screen during the time skip, it's something I can't do. Also, some girls have been thinking about telling to someone else they are with us.
* Simone doesn't want to tell Samantha, but Erika, Daphne, and Emma are their only friends.
* Martha will connect the dots about Norah's "young lad". And thinks that maybe there is something with Sam.
* Kate, Kim, Debbie, and Lisa can't imagine anything that happened in the houses.

View attachment 2526243
Right the old Spider-man meme. i knew i was thinking of something with spider-man

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The MC always tried to be honest. When he has had the chance to tell the girls he's with other girls he has done it, but note that, except for Megan (shy path) and Maddie (maledom path), he hasn't started any relationship. He has found himself with a lady in his arms and rejecting her would mean hurting her. His goal is to make the girls he cares for happy, so nonconsensual, openly cheating or lying is the opposite.
With Scarlett and Daphne, he demands complete honesty before he is in a relationship with any of them; when he accepts to teach them how to kiss. Scarlett and Daphne don't comply with it and he has to remind them of the original rule, but he's honest also, he tells them that he is (or can be) with other girls.

About the pregnancy question, it is there for the people who:
a.- Have pregnancy blocked because don't like pregnant sex
b.- Is so in love with a girl's body that doesn't want to see her pregnant (just kidding).
As RiamMar said, with the first option, the players with pregnancy blocked or that don't impregnate girl X because they don't want to see her pregnant, will have kids with all the girls they are in path with between the end of the game and the epilogue.
The second option means that only the girls impregnated during the game will have kids in the epilogue.

View attachment 2526243
Hahahahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: xapican and Trope95

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Since the bellies will develop mostly off-screen during the time skip, it's something I can't do.
That's very understandable, all this started off as a joke anyway

Also, some girls have been thinking about telling to someone else they are with us.
All good to know, but I personally just want everything out in the open so everything can be dealt with openly and maturely. All the hiding and sneaking around is tiring and annoying. We're not actually cheating on anyone as we're very upfront about being polyamorous before we get involved with anyone, but we still kinda act like we're cheating on everyone with everyone else. Just feels like asking for unnecessary drama and hurt feelings in the long run.

Also, very interesting that you listed Amanda and Eva, kinda implies they're future love interests and not just our guardian angles. Hope more of our sisters to add to our harem.

Also also, while I am complaining about some things, I do really enjoy the game so please don't take any of this personally

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
That's very understandable, all this started off as a joke anyway

All good to know, but I personally just want everything out in the open so everything can be dealt with openly and maturely. All the hiding and sneaking around is tiring and annoying. We're not actually cheating on anyone as we're very upfront about being polyamorous before we get involved with anyone, but we still kinda act like we're cheating on everyone with everyone else. Just feels like asking for unnecessary drama and hurt feelings in the long run.

Also, very interesting that you listed Amanda and Eva, kinda implies they're future love interests and not just our guardian angles. Hope more of our sisters to add to our harem.

Also also, while I am complaining about some things, I do really enjoy the game so please don't take any of this personally
I also want things to start evolving to openness. It's difficult to convince Norah (for example) for a threesome if she doesn't know who the other girl is ;)
Also it will be fun to design their faces and reactions as some of the girls know about each other .

Anyone doubted Amanda and Eva were future love interests? If they weren't, it would be a wasted opportunity of a MFFF with Erika, Daphne, and Eva. Or a threesome Amanda-MC-Emma! (I don't know if I finally will do that, but the idea is appealing)

Don't worry, I don't take things personally.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I'm happy to listen (or read) them. Even the opinions of those so wrong that don't like Martha :ROFLMAO:.
Some comments can spark an idea I haven't thought of before.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes