Phenim

Nov 10, 2021
Na ... I think that kid is going to be integral somehow ... also unless he's proves to be a Dev-mole, I think he's going to be a good guy (and maybe more interested in the MC than Lisa, but that's just my personal take).
Personal theory is that Anthony is actually interested in Debbie, but it was easier to approach Lisa online as a connection to Debbie.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Even if you acknowledge that it's not how it works in real life, that doesn't make it any less fucked up to have in your game.
And before anyone compares this to having incest, rape, or slavery or whatever self generally deemed fucked up in a game, this is different. Incest in most incest games is acknowledged as taboo, and is generally consensual. Rape is still treated, typically, as being fucked up, yea you'll be given the option or depending on the game only be able to rape people, but it's not treated as a good thing. Slavery is much as I described rape in most games. Changing someones sexuality is completely different. Evolving it is one thing, someone who thought they were straight or gay learning they're actually bisexual for example, but "flipping" someone and having it shown as normal and good is horrific.

Having Kate be path specific isn't punishing anyone. It's choice and consequence. It's like in other games having girls you can only get on the path of if you're willing to steal them from their boyfriend of husband etc. is that punishing people who aren't into that? No. What if a girl is only willing to Dom? Is it a punishment to have her locked behind having MC willing to sub to her? Again no.

A punishment would be if you're forced into a "bad ending" because you don't have all the girls or don't have certain girls.
A punishment would be if by not allowing the only, to my memory, out non-straight girl, to join the harem that one of the other bisexual leaning girls leave the harem to date her exclusively.

Now, I'm not trying to attack you or bully you into changing how you're going to handle your characters, it's your game you can do what you want with it, but I had to say what I said. If for no one else than myself.

(Edited to fix spelling error for clarity)
I worded it poorly. Very poorly.
Kate right now considers herself a lesbian (she doesn't say it, it's the narrator who says it) because it's the only thing she has experience with.
She will discover she's bisexual through the MC as it's the only way to add her into the harem. When I said straight I meant that the people who locked the lesbian content will have a different way to interact with her. Her first threesome (her first sex will be in a threesome if one of two girls are in the harem, solo if they don't) will be wildly different depending on the lesbian content being locked or not. That won't change who she is, only if she's a bisexual leaning to men (not every men, only the MC) or a bisexual with no preference during sex. Romantically she will only be attached to the MC.
As I said, I worded it poorly.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
This seems a tad extreme, is it immersion breaking, unrealistic, and likely even disappointing for some people, sure, but I don't see how it's "fucked up". If anything, it's just the design philosophy that Tropecita has decided to go with, it's been basically the same with all the other choices in the game as well, including the pregnancies, Kate's body type, and sub/dom relationships. Really the only thing I can recall that we don't have any control over is the Yeti. :ROFLMAO:

*Edit*
Though I do agree with you that I don't really see it as a punishment either, I honestly wouldn't mind if she was into girls no matter what and the only choice was to get with her or not, and therefore she would become bisexual. However, there's too many people on this site who would lose their shit and have meltdowns, it is what it is.
It will be immersion breaking for the people who chose to lock lesbian content. The people who didn't lock it will play her story as it was thought originally. When I talk about punishment I mean that it would be the only kink that would lock a girl out if you don't like the kink. Anal, footjob, pregnancy, sub, dom, etc. Are optional but don't lock the girl out. Why lesbian (bisexual) should lock her out?

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
This probably won't make you understand, but imagine if this late in the game, MC realized they were bisexual and that it was a fixed story point, unavoidable if you're with either of Jamal's family. One of Jamal's gay friends is our boyfriend so no chance of NTR with our girls. There'd be riots, over how the change of sexuality was forced on the player.

Every other choice in the game is guiding or nudging someone in a direction.
Pregnancies we're not changing who someone is as a person, it'll change their life and how they see things, but that's it.
Kate's body type is not changing who she is as a person, will it effect her behavior, and to an extent her personality? Yeah, but not anywhere on the same level as changing someones sexuality.
Sub/Dom is easily explained in saying that charcter was a switch, and so our "changing" things is only agreeing roles. We don't want to submit so the girl is willing to let us dom.
Ironically we do have a choice in regards Yeti, we can get her to shave or not. But that has next to no effect on who someone is as a person, it's no different that suggesting someone change their haircut on their head.
Not the Yeti but the Black Panther, but it's not the same. We get a romance path with Maddie for the people who don't like dom paths. As I explained in my previous answer, the "straight" thing was worded poorly, she can remain bisexual but not act on it during the threesomes (I hope to give a plausible reason for it) for the people who have locked it. The people who don't, like you and me, will see the full Kate package.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I'm always amazed at the number of fragile egos intimidated by a lesbian/bi character in a game. I, for one, welcome our lesbian overlords. :cool:

I don't remember if Kate ever explicitly stated whether she was lesbian or bisexual, only that she was in a relation with a woman recently. Also being bisexual doesn't mean they aren't monogamous. My daughter is bisexual--she was married to a woman, but now she's married to a man. She feels she's too possessive to be open to any sort of non-monogamy.

I posit that Kate doesn't have to "turn straight" to be monogamous with the MC. She can still be bisexual but currently in a relationship with a man. All that is required is that she is of a monogamous temperament about her own behavior.
She never stated she's a lesbian. It's the narrator who says it. And that's because how Kate identifies herself at that moment. The turn straight, as I said was poorly worded and I meant monogamous with the MC EVEN in threesomes if the lesbian path is locked.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
The problem is some idiots feel that girls inside the harem dating eachother or even just playing together for fun is NTR. Also I think you mean sexuality not "gender identification".
The tags are misleading and can be bended to the taste of the poster. If two girls date (or fuck) each other behind the MC's back it would be NTR. With his consent it will be Sharing. In My Dorm there won't be any of it. The girls will have fun during threesomes, but won't do anything if the MC isn't present. I can see Norah playing with Erika during a threesome in the heat of the moment, but can't see them doing it by themselves without the MC there. They are in love with the MC, not with each other.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
It's funny how people ignored the rest of my post where i talked about how i'm looking forward to seeing Saira again and how i'm starting to like the new dorm girls and instead focus on the part where i said i'm not interested in Kate because she's a lesbian. I have a fragile ego because i'm not into girl on girl in male protagonist games? Sure, whatever. If i had known that part of my post was going to cause such a stir then i wouldn't have even mentioned her!
I think people ignored the Saira's part because they mostly agree
I was gladly surprised about how many fans Saira had even for a girl who had so little screen time in the first chapter, and there were a lot of players who were waiting for her return.
Kate's part was more problematic

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
It will be immersion breaking for the people who chose to lock lesbian content. The people who didn't lock it will play her story as it was thought originally. When I talk about punishment I mean that it would be the only kink that would lock a girl out if you don't like the kink. Anal, footjob, pregnancy, sub, dom, etc. Are optional but don't lock the girl out. Why lesbian (bisexual) should lock her out?
Thanks for clearing it up, that definitely makes more sense and I'm glad to hear it, not that it really affected me in the first place since I didn't lock the content. :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
LOL, I am surrounded by Bi people.

One daughter, one son, a daughter-in-law (my youngest boy girlfriend), my best friend, my younger daughter best friend (he spent so much time at our house that we started to call him son), my younger daughter is at least bi-curious. Some are in straight relations, others are in homo relations, some are non committed... The thing is, who they are with at the moment doesn't mean anything, they remain Bi whoever they are with.

Peace :)
That's what I wanted to say when I said "turning her straight", but worded it poorly. She is obviously Bi, but doesn't know it yet, once she discovers it, the lesbian-locking-choice will range from "She's bi, committed to the MC, but during threesomes she gives in to her bi tastes" to "She's bi, committed to the MC, but during threesomes she only wants to please and be pleased to/by the MC"

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
That's what I wanted to say when I said "turning her straight", but worded it poorly. She is obviously Bi, but doesn't know it yet, once she discovers it, the lesbian-locking-choice will range from "She's bi, committed to the MC, but during threesomes she gives in to her bi tastes" to "She's bi, committed to the MC, but during threesomes she only wants to please and be pleased to/by the MC"
I feel tempted to ask all these Bi-Sexuals in my life, if that last option is something they would even consider. One of them I had a chance to talk about it, and her answer was: "What's the fucking point of the threesome then?". That was said with a look of confusion and slight anger. I think I'll refrain to ask the others... This is by no means representative of anything... There's probably as many different answers and opinions as there are Bi people.

But, if that give some players peace of mind, I'm all for it. Even if I agree with my daughter.

i-dont-know-compilation-dont-know.gif

Peace :D

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I wonder if we will see Scarlett go back to NOT having those long bangs that cover her eyes, or another hair style?

And I was wondering about the pregnancy choices that seem to show up right away, so if a player picks the choice with no consequences, will the pregnancy's option show up later in the story, or does it become a locked choice to end any pregnancy with that character?

Scarlett with Bangs.... (Shaggy dog look)

View attachment 2757898

Scarlett without bangs....
View attachment 2757883
She will go back to her Club hairstyle in no time. I'm playing with her hair the same as I tried to do with Emma's, showing her evolution into a woman. Her first hairstyle looked great but gave me rendering problems. The second one (the one in the club) was great, but I wanted to save it for the definitive one. The shaggy one was good but not great.

Reactions: snakeplisskin

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I never asked the dev to change anything! I simply stated that i wasn't interested in Kate for a particular reason. If Maddie only had the blackmail routes and i said i wasn't interested in her because i'm not into dom/sub relationships would that make me insecure? No! That would just mean that the kinks connected to that character don't align with mine (i actually love Maddie btw, that was just an example). If you go and read my past comments in this thread, i did question if Scarlett / Daphne are actually straight, but aside from that, most of my comments here have been positive. I even defended Eileen when people complained about her mentioning that she dated other guys after she and the MC broke up.

Really, i don't know why this turned into such a big thing. That part of my comment wasn't even originally intended to be taken completely seriously to be honest, i used the kek emote for a reason.
That's why I didn't want to make a girl Kink-specific. Maddie has a romance route, and Kate will have a path that doesn't involve girl-on-girl action.
Initially that path wasn't going to exist, but I got an idea about how to have it done in a plausible way during a conversation with another player and thought it would be great to have Kate in harems without girl-on-girl action.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Breathe... Relax... Take in consideration that writing is a hard medium to convey intentions and relax. No one is attacking your choices, even if it appears so, we are all talking in generics, not specifics.

To many of us, myself included, your choice of not having girl-on-girl content seems as outlandish has forced gay content. I am, confessedly, very much into girl-on-girl content. I can, empathically, understand your reasons, but, truthfully, I can't really connect with them. I know, I don't have to, but, that makes communication on that subject rather difficult, for no fault of either of us. I've been into Lesbian content even before I knew it had a name. The first sexual act I ever witnessed was a lesbian one, I was maybe 6 or 7, was relaxing on my secret spot (the top of a building near my Aunts house) I was reading comics, when I happened to hear some strange sounds. Turns out it was from the next building back terrace, 2 women were going at it... Well, it was a forever thing. I still remember it vividly, and it NEVER fails to turn me on, forgive me Pfizer, but this is way more effective. Throughout the years, this interest, evolved and become one of my most predominant kinks. It's not a deal-or-no-deal, but it is my preferred choice, always.

So, when it's offered, I will NEVER turn it down, damn the consequences. You, well, you seem to go the opposite way, so, I can relate to you has much has I can relate to a BDSM fan, that is, not at all. Is it your fault? ABSOLUTELY not. Is it mine? I don't think so. On that specific subject, we are on a no-connection spot.

So, if the Dev is giving you the option to avoid what you can't stand, and giving me what I like above anything else, none of us lose anything. :) However outlandish we look to each other.

Peace :)
You know I'm a lesbian lover. I agree with you that it's one of the things that turns me on the most, but pure lesbian relationships don't fit the theme of the game, so there will be lesbian action during threesomes for players who want it? YES
Will I force it onto players who don't like it? ABSOLUTELY NO!
More paths, more work, and more fun for me :D

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I worded it poorly. Very poorly.
Kate right now considers herself a lesbian (she doesn't say it, it's the narrator who says it) because it's the only thing she has experience with.
She will discover she's bisexual through the MC as it's the only way to add her into the harem. When I said straight I meant that the people who locked the lesbian content will have a different way to interact with her. Her first threesome (her first sex will be in a threesome if one of two girls are in the harem, solo if they don't) will be wildly different depending on the lesbian content being locked or not. That won't change who she is, only if she's a bisexual leaning to men (not every men, only the MC) or a bisexual with no preference during sex. Romantically she will only be attached to the MC.
As I said, I worded it poorly.
Most of my long term partners have been bisexual. One in particular was "allosexual (fully sexual in response) toward women," she became aroused by the female form. Regarding men, she was more demisexual or sapiosexual. She really had to connect mentally/emotionally with the man she was involved with, but was not really turned on by the male form. There are so many different "flavors" of bisexuality/pansexuality/omnisexuality.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I wasn't aware that Kate would have alternate routes when i made my post. I was under the impression that the lesbian content with Kate was required to get her into the harem.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So i either misunderstood this post or Tropecita changed his mind regarding her. If my post sounded like i was complaining or that i wanted the dev to make her straight then that's my mistake because that was NOT my intention but i'm sure as hell not going to apologise for my preferences. ;)
I changed my mind because I discovered how to do it in a more plausible way after talking with some players and a bisexual friend. I didn't want to kink-lock a girl so I looked for ways to do it without affecting the whole story

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes