xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I don't publish on Steam (yet). The game needs to be reworked to remove some images and references to be able to meet their ToS (the image of Daphne/Erika/Simone/Emma playing as kids in the park during Simone's date, for example).
It will be reworked and (I'll try to be) published there down the road, but not in the short term.
the images where MC answers to the kids as the students arrive and they make fun of Kim not ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Trope95 and MrD812

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
There has been a small spin-off in the books since I started doing the game. It's a very short KN (approximately one update long) that will explain a part of the story that will be hinted at in the game but can't be explained there because of the risk of being banned from a known subscription platform. I consider it an optional part of My Dorm, but can't be in the same package.
It's mostly written down (no renders yet) but it should wait for My Dorm to arrive to a certain point to be published.
You've got me curious now, I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what that will be.

In the meantime though, can't wait for the next update to come out, the last few updates have all been so damn good. :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
For the love of.........are you trying to start a stampede!!?? You can't use the "R" word like that out of the blue!!! A certain part of the people around this here forum will go nuts if a dev say that word!
R word? "Road"? :ROFLMAO:
I know you mean reworked, but it's only a little rework to delete some images and change some songs (I didn't print the license and the site has gone offline) not a full rework

the images where MC answers to the kids as the students arrive and they make fun of Kim not ?
Yes, those kids also. Also, the planned kids who will appear in the epilogue.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I could be highly mistaken by my observation's.
However, would be prudent investigating Steams Dealings.
Unless You're the adventurous type.

Desire joining Morman TP parties with an inalienable urge to burst out singing with Your LDS partners:

"Jhon Jaccob 'Dingle Hymmer' Schmidt...his name is my name too"
I was thinking more along the lines of

(particularly 0:39 - 0:41)

• Haha
Reactions: Trope95 and MrD812

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There has been a small spin-off in the books since I started doing the game. It's a very short KN (approximately one update long) that will explain a part of the story that will be hinted at in the game but can't be explained there because of the risk of being banned from a known subscription platform. I consider it an optional part of My Dorm, but can't be in the same package.
It's mostly written down (no renders yet) but it should wait for My Dorm to arrive to a certain point to be published.
So is this something that'll be exclusive to this platform, or will it just be dropped without any explanation at all when it does get released (except maybe "If you've reached THIS POINT in My Dorm, check this out!")?
Or maybe it'll be released by the ubiquitous "*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer; download at your own risk."

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
So is this something that'll be exclusive to this platform, or will it just be dropped without any explanation at all when it does get released (except maybe "If you've reached THIS POINT in My Dorm, check this out!")?
Or maybe it'll be released by the ubiquitous "*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer; download at your own risk."
It will be released as an independent "game" (KN) on the two platforms I publish the game for subscribers and on the sites I publish it for free. It will start with a choice battery like
- Do you play My Dorm?
- How your character in My Dorm is named?
- Have you installed any patches in My Dorm? (I should reword it to not alert that platform)
- How is Martha named in your My Dorm playthrough?

And then (or before the choices) a disclaimer advising to play it only after reaching X POINT in My Dorm.

The information in the publishing post will be different depending on the platform it's published. On THAT platform I will post it as an "independent" game, perhaps with a previous DM to Patrons to inform them about it. On Subscribestar, I will publish it as a "companion" game, not essential, but informative of something not explained in the game.
On sites like F95 I still haven't decided if I should publish it in a new thread (my intention right now) or as an extra link in the OP on this thread. The information will be similar to that on Subscribestar.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
(why has F95 not shown me updated posts to the thread in days..???.. seeing back to the various posts about the ways of F95 being a monster of its own.. oh well, actually.. its not updating me on alot of threads iv tagged.... grr..).
Great reading up on things, and I have to add....
THE ROLLING PIN!!!! LOL!!!

Maybe a brief 4th wall moment in the main story line to do with the Rolling Pin!

Its also telling when your wife is like "What happened to X character!?" Good stuff.

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
(why has F95 not shown me updated posts to the thread in days..???.. seeing back to the various posts about the ways of F95 being a monster of its own.. oh well, actually.. its not updating me on alot of threads iv tagged.... grr..).

Maybe a brief 4th wall moment in the main story line to do with the Rolling Pin!

Its also telling when your wife is like "What happened to X character!?" Good stuff.
The rolling pin reference would only be caught by those who were active subscribers on August 1st, since the Thank You For Your Support render is sent directly to you, not published in any post, so I think it can be difficult to insert a joke, but I've received enough good feedback about the rolling pin to think about it.

My wife is on the same boat as every player when it comes to knowing what happens on My Dorm, she doesn't get spoilers (except when she catches me rendering something and she connects the dots). Between that and that the "Tropecita" name is because of her, I can contain the complaints (a bit) about spending too many hours developing the game.

Do you play My Dorm Basic or My Dorm Deluxe?
You know my inbox will be flooded by messages asking where the Deluxe version can be downloaded, right? :ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
It will be released as an independent "game" (KN) on the two platforms I publish the game for subscribers and on the sites I publish it for free. It will start with a choice battery like
- Do you play My Dorm?
- How your character in My Dorm is named?
- Have you installed any patches in My Dorm? (I should reword it to not alert that platform)
- How is Martha named in your My Dorm playthrough?

And then (or before the choices) a disclaimer advising to play it only after reaching X POINT in My Dorm.

The information in the publishing post will be different depending on the platform it's published. On THAT platform I will post it as an "independent" game, perhaps with a previous DM to Patrons to inform them about it. On Subscribestar, I will publish it as a "companion" game, not essential, but informative of something not explained in the game.
On sites like F95 I still haven't decided if I should publish it in a new thread (my intention right now) or as an extra link in the OP on this thread. The information will be similar to that on Subscribestar.
You could do things like:
-- Do you play games about private college housing?
-- If so, what name do you use for the main character in such a game?
-- Do you consider relationships important?
-- What is the name of Bruce's mother?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

The rolling pin reference would only be caught by those who were active subscribers on August 1st, since the Thank You For Your Support render is sent directly to you, not published in any post, so I think it can be difficult to insert a joke, but I've received enough good feedback about the rolling pin to think about it.
Just checked Patreon 'cause of these posts.

I'm now picturing Betty preping something and someone nearby says something a bit silly. She turns to talk to them ... holding the rolling pin in that pose, says something dramatic back to them, holds the pose for a beat, then returns to whatever she was making (maybe some flour puffs off the pin as she holds the pose for that moment).

Anyway, I laughed. Emma laughed. The rolling pin laughed. It was good.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You could do things like:
-- Do you play games about private college housing?
-- If so, what name do you use for the main character in such a game?
-- Do you consider relationships important?
-- What is the name of Bruce's mother?
You want my inbox to explode!
First message: Is Newport University private? I didn't know it! How much does it cost in tuition?
Second message, 10 seconds later: Relationships are important to me, but what I want is incest. Is there incest and a lack of NTR in this game? Pregnancy? Lactancy? Can I have a monogamous path? In the preview images, I've seen two girls only separated by 10 meters. Is lesbian avoidable?
Third message, 25 seconds later:
Version a) I don't remember it since I play the unpatched version. So should I go to the intro and look at how the deceased mother of Mark is called?
Version b) Who the fuck is Bruce? :ROFLMAO: I haven't started the game yet and I don't know the characters!!!
Version c) Do you mean Martha or Norah? Because if Erika and Daphne are Mark's sisters...

Just checked Patreon 'cause of these posts.

I'm now picturing Betty preping something and someone nearby says something a bit silly. She turns to talk to them ... holding the rolling pin in that pose, says something dramatic back to them, holds the pose for a beat, then returns to whatever she was making (maybe some flour puffs off the pin as she holds the pose for that moment).

Anyway, I laughed. Emma laughed. The rolling pin laughed. It was good.
If you laughed it's enough for me ;)
I thought during the morning about how to give the rolling pin some protagonism. I think changing a scene scheduled for v.0.12 would be a good idea. It was a funny scene before, it can get funnier now.

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
So am I to assume the spinoff will be heavily Martha focused then? Well in that case... hell yes. :love:

View attachment 2817524
It won't, but for those who play the patched version, they will see a 21 y.o. Martha and a 26 y.o. Norah (I should also ask for her custom name) since the spin-off will take place 19 years before My Dorm.
Those playing the unpatched version will meet a 26 y.o. Norah and 24 y.o. Anna (MC's deceased mother in the unpatched version).
Some other characters will appear, like Samantha and the MC.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
It won't, but for those who play the patched version, they will see a 21 y.o. Martha and a 26 y.o. Norah (I should also ask for her custom name) since the spin-off will take place almost 19 years before My Dorm.
Those playing the unpatched version will meet a 26 y.o. Norah and 24 y.o. Anna (MC's deceased mother in the unpatched version).
Some other characters will appear, like Samantha and the MC.
Well, now I know this will definitely need two runs ...

• Red Heart

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hmmm....what if you offer the "Moraly correct version" on the "high upholding cristian values platform" with a disclaimer (hint) that there is a "Fan Fiction around in internet" with which you don't have nothing to do....(SS patrons it is no problem since they are more tolerant, this would mean that you open a separate thread on this site. (or a link over here) ;) and it seems to be a third party thing

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Trope95 and SlapE
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes