S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The real question is, does talking about this spin off count as off topic?

Also, the easiest way to ask if they played the patched version or not, is ask how many clones live in the dorm?
Like if the no-incest version has the cousins as clones and the incest version has none, then that should make it easy to tell which version was being played

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
It will be released as an independent "game" (KN) on the two platforms I publish the game for subscribers and on the sites I publish it for free. It will start with a choice battery like
- Do you play My Dorm?
- How your character in My Dorm is named?
- Have you installed any patches in My Dorm? (I should reword it to not alert that platform)
- How is Martha named in your My Dorm playthrough?

And then (or before the choices) a disclaimer advising to play it only after reaching X POINT in My Dorm.

The information in the publishing post will be different depending on the platform it's published. On THAT platform I will post it as an "independent" game, perhaps with a previous DM to Patrons to inform them about it. On Subscribestar, I will publish it as a "companion" game, not essential, but informative of something not explained in the game.
On sites like F95 I still haven't decided if I should publish it in a new thread (my intention right now) or as an extra link in the OP on this thread. The information will be similar to that on Subscribestar.
Easy reword for the third one, have you installed any mods. Also I keep LIs with their original names, unless the original name is completely taking the piss on things, which hasn't really happened so far. :p

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
It won't, but for those who play the patched version, they will see a 21 y.o. Martha and a 26 y.o. Norah (I should also ask for her custom name) since the spin-off will take place 19 years before My Dorm.
Those playing the unpatched version will meet a 26 y.o. Norah and 24 y.o. Anna (MC's deceased mother in the unpatched version).
Some other characters will appear, like Samantha and the MC.
Why did finding out Norah is 5 years older turn me on so much?

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Well, now I know this will definitely need two runs ...
She (they) will appear but will have little protagonism. The good thing is that that change will give the KN a bit of a replayability value.

The real question is, does talking about this spin off count as off topic?

Also, the easiest way to ask if they played the patched version or not, is ask how many clones live in the dorm?
Like if the no-incest version has the cousins as clones and the incest version has none, then that should make it easy to tell which version was being played
It shouldn't count as off-topic, since it's a related project, it will affect how players see this title (those who didn't connect the dots), and a mischievous dev said that "perhaps" it will be published in this thread.
Business wise it makes more sense to publish it in an independent thread:
* More visibility for me
* People who don't play My Dorm can get to know me and, through the KN, My Dorm
* This thread remains spoiler-free
Conversation-wise, it makes more sense to keep it inside this thread:
* Easier to find posts about it
* Avoid duplicate asking/answering

I think HentaiKami below has found the best reword for the patch/unpatch

Easy reword for the third one, have you installed any mods. Also I keep LIs with their original names, unless the original name is completely taking the piss on things, which hasn't really happened so far. :p
I think I will use this one! Thanks!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Business wise it makes more sense to publish it in an independent thread:
* More visibility for me
* People who don't play My Dorm can get to know me and, through the KN, My Dorm
* This thread remains spoiler-free
Conversation-wise, it makes more sense to keep it inside this thread:
* Easier to find posts about it
* Avoid duplicate asking/answering
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

That said, the visibility/exposure thing is a good point, and you'll be able to link to each game in the other's OP something like so:

Language: English
Other Games: My Dorm
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

That said, the visibility/exposure thing is a good point, and you'll be able to link to each game in the other's OP something like so:
You guys are more caring about spoilers than it looks. The first days after a release there are a lot of spoilered comments that hide the important things. Then someone makes a comment in the open and from that point on, it becomes a spoiler fest :ROFLMAO:

Jul 8, 2020
You guys are more caring about spoilers than it looks. The first days after a release there are a lot of spoilered comments that hide the important things. Then someone makes a comment in the open and from that point on, it becomes a spoiler fest :ROFLMAO:
Now is the era of interactive creation, what is more exciting than participating in creation?:ROFLMAO:
It is beneficial for creators to understand consumers' demands while creating.
How much interactive traffic a product has indicates its popularity.
As for the spoiler, it is everyone's expectations and hunger for the product. Moderate spoilers are a marketing gimmick.
I've been replaying previous chapters these days.:)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95
Jul 8, 2020
I don't publish on Steam (yet). The game needs to be reworked to remove some images and references to be able to meet their ToS (the image of Daphne/Erika/Simone/Emma playing as kids in the park during Simone's date, for example).
It will be reworked and (I'll try to be) published there down the road, but not in the short term.
It would be good if it could increase the publishing platform and increase the income of creators. Of course, don't overly affect your creation and daily life.
I'm happy to see it happen.
:)

• Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Now is the era of interactive creation, what is more exciting than participating in creation?:ROFLMAO:
It is beneficial for creators to understand consumers' demands while creating.
How much interactive traffic a product has indicates its popularity.
As for the spoiler, it is everyone's expectations and hunger for the product. Moderate spoilers are a marketing gimmick.
I've been replaying previous chapters these days.:)
I love the interest My Dorm is receiving, and I have got a lot of ideas from this (and others) forum and some of them have made it into the game. ~80-100,000 monthly players can get more ideas than a single dev.

It would be good if it could increase the publishing platform and increase the income of creators. Of course, don't overly affect your creation and daily life.
I'm happy to see it happen.
:)
That's one of the reasons I didn't publish it there in the first place. Forcing me to keep two different versions would slow down the development. Do I lose some money for not doing it? Perhaps. Do I live happier developing only one version (and publishing 6)? Without a doubt.
When Season 1 is finished (it won't end because of narrative reasons, but for download size reasons), it will be the moment to think about it.

I need to know two things. When the next update is, though I think I remember it being said to be soon.

Also, what movie or whatever that gif is taken from. That's the real priority! Source?
The next update is in the making. 7.000+ words already written and 1,407 renders already done (1,152 of them animated frames).
I hope to publish it on Patreon/SS in around two weeks. That would mean the free version would be here at the end of August or the beginning of September.

Jul 8, 2020
I love the interest My Dorm is receiving, and I have got a lot of ideas from this (and others) forum and some of them have made it into the game. ~80-100,000 monthly players can get more ideas than a single dev.

That's one of the reasons I didn't publish it there in the first place. Forcing me to keep two different versions would slow down the development. Do I lose some money for not doing it? Perhaps. Do I live happier developing only one version (and publishing 6)? Without a doubt.
When Season 1 is finished (it won't end because of narrative reasons, but for download size reasons), it will be the moment to think about it.
(y)
In any case,I wish you a happy work and a great time.(y)

• Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
phew, I'm delighted to learn that the game will go to the end, because there are so many abandonment for projects that are too ambitious. This one is worth fighting for and defending!
Yes, that's the idea, keep the development until the end. I blame myself for the overambitious project. When I started it, I didn't know how much the branching would affect development time. Until now, I've been compensating for the extra work with better knowledge of the tools and better tools. I compare the 331 renders of 0.2 with the 2,804 of v.0.10B done in approximately 30% more time.
The next project will be considerably smaller (I plan for "only" 12 LIs). I already have a lot of ideas for that project, so I should finish this one first, and finish it in a good way. It's "my creature", so although I know it won't be the best game ever, at least I should try to do the best game I am able to deliver.

You guys deserve the best.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Only 12? You sure you won't throw in one more for the "baker's dozen" given how much you enjoy buns in ovens? :cool::LOL:
Although I know the concept because I'm a history freak, in Spain we don't use it, so when I think about numbers it's a difficult number to come by. Also, I talked on another site about 75% redhead LIs in that story (justified inside the game), so it should be a multiple of 4.
But you know me. I now say 12, and it's possible a girl who isn't a LI originally shows up, I will fall in love with her, and add her to the game. But she should be a redhead, to keep (at least) that 75% ;)
But I'm in a very early stage of development, only one LI and the MC have been (tentatively) designed and that's because I need them for a future My Dorm update. The development won't start until My Dorm is in the closing stages. Perhaps the last three updates of My Dorm are published at the same time as the first of the next project.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yes, that's the idea, keep the development until the end. I blame myself for the overambitious project. When I started it, I didn't know how much the branching would affect development time. Until now, I've been compensating for the extra work with better knowledge of the tools and better tools. I compare the 331 renders of 0.2 with the 2,804 of v.0.10B done in approximately 30% more time.
The next project will be considerably smaller (I plan for "only" 12 LIs). I already have a lot of ideas for that project, so I should finish this one first, and finish it in a good way. It's "my creature", so although I know it won't be the best game ever, at least I should try to do the best game I am able to deliver.

We all already love this game, best game ever or not, and as long as your next game is also a incest harem game with pregnancy you can be sure we'll all love it as well.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Although I know the concept because I'm a history freak, in Spain we don't use it, so when I think about numbers it's a difficult number to come by. Also, I talked on another site about 75% redhead LIs in that story (justified inside the game), so it should be a multiple of 4.
But you know me. I now say 12, and it's possible a girl who isn't a LI originally shows up, I will fall in love with her, and add her to the game. But she should be a redhead, to keep (at least) that 75% ;)
But I'm in a very early stage of development, only one LI and the MC have been (tentatively) designed and that's because I need them for a future My Dorm update. The development won't start until My Dorm is in the closing stages. Perhaps the last three updates of My Dorm are published at the same time as the first of the next project.
Well I can't wait for that Redhead Paradise:love:
I'm very curious already Trop

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Only 12? You sure you won't throw in one more for the "baker's dozen" given how much you enjoy buns in ovens? :cool::LOL:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We all already love this game, best game ever or not, and as long as your next game is also a incest harem game with pregnancy you can be sure we'll all love it as well.
:love::ROFLMAO:
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes