Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Manhattan Clam Chowder
View attachment 2835702
vs New England Clam Chowder
View attachment 2835705
They're both more of a stew than a broth (based on my understanding of what a broth is), with the Manhattan featuring a tomato-based soup and the New England featuring a thicker, cream-based soup.
Of course, when you're eating your girl's clam, you don't want it to resemble either of those. :sick:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I mean, I've heard some might not mind the Manhattan look ... :cautious:
Just remembered - I won't write it all down here, but there was the rather nasty joke I first heard in, maybe, 6th grade (11 or 12 years old) in the late 70s about that. The punchline featured a teenage boy running down the stairs when he encountered is girlfriend's dad (who had threatened to do him serious harm if he caught him with his daughter), home early from work, and, when asked what he had in his hands, he sucked it up and said "Mmmm-mmmm! Love that tomato juice!"

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Why am I feeling the smell of sea while being about 20 km from it?

This talk about clams is triggering my olfactive memory, oh oh... So many good memories... sleeping in the beach, waking up with 2 clams needing to be cared for. Oh Oh.

We've stayed "friends" and even if I've never saw them again after that LOOONG Summer, they are both Grannies now. And still look quite HOT. STAHP... You're married fucker... Oh, I'm so fucked. If I start saying their name in my sleep, I'm doomed.

Peace :cry:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
If we're eating the one kind of sushi/sashimi, a little wasabi on the tongue can make for some intense sensations. ;)
Chewing an Altoid beforehand can apparently also result in some intense sensations, according to former Pres. Bill Clinton . . . or, maybe it was according to Monica, which would mean they were talking about eating bratwurst instead of sushi . . .

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes