Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Updated the tags to add anal sex and sex toys.

Please Mr. Leaker, if you leak the game, at least do it well, and don't give me more work than necessary to fix your mess.

Advice for you (read it as if your kindergarten teacher said it to you)
* Learn to copy a fucking changelog. It's easy. You only need to select the correct text, copy it, and paste it where it belongs. It can be divided into several posts.

* Add all the fucking links. You taking advantage of a free trial in one platform (Patreon) where not all the links are shared (Android pre-patched) doesn't mean they don't exist. If you want to leak it, do it correctly and pay 1 fucking Euro in Subscribestar so you can leak all the versions.

* Play the fucking update to learn the new tags. Yes, there can be new tags in an update, and you probably would have found them if you had played the game. But what can I expect from someone who doesn't know how to copy/paste a fucking changelog?

I acknowledge it's your job to leak games, but please, do it correctly and don't give the devs more work than when they do it directly.

PowerFlower

Jul 1, 2017
You are right about the "blinks" taking longer than in real life, but my shows different numbers.
* The average real blink is between 100ms and 400ms. And it has a frequency of 3-4 seconds.
* My Dorm blinks are 1,100 ms (2.75-11 times slower) followed by 3 idle seconds, so they happen every 4.1 seconds.
Since Ren'py default transition lasts for 0.25 seconds and the blink animation is:
Open eyes (3 seconds) - Midway (0.3s) - Closed (0.5s) - Midway (0.3s) - Open - Repeat
It's hard to accelerate it without weird effects. I tried a lot of combinations. Even reducing the Closed stage to 0.3s gave it a strange look.

I'm not justifying myself. I'm explaining why the "slow blinking" was a design choice.

Thanks for the explanation. This would be my take...

Python:
define blink = Fade(0.025, 0.0, 0.025) # 25ms fade out, 0.0 hold, 25ms fade in

image imageWithBlinking:
    "someImage"
    pause 7 # wait for 7s
    # drop the 'mid' image
    "someImage_eyesClosed" with blink
    "someImage" with blink # total transition time: 100ms
    repeat

label thingsWeDidntAskFor:
    scene imageWithBlinking with fade
    narrator "This is untested code, off the top of my head."

Reactions: Trope95

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
About the blinking I find it incredibly immersive. Another game, went even further and made the characters breathe. In my view they went too far and made it TOO noticeable, instead of a very subtle chest movement, but that's a fine tuning issue.
Here, Trop, made it subtle, but very relevant.

Suggestion Trop, when in emotional moments, increase the repetitions, and vice-versa when in focused states reduce them. It can convey emotions subtly, but profoundly.

Peace :)

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, and I haven't seen anyone else mention it, does MC mentioning how we'll never be able to marry any or all the girls actually mean we'll never be able to marry all the girls?

Even if it's not legally, I think it'd be really nice if we could do marriages like in My New Family. Which for people who don't know; we have a wedding were we get to marry all the girls but it's not a legal thing. So legally none of us are married, but we're still all married with wedding rings and everything.

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
TropecitaGames ; I like the animation where you show the whole beauty of the girls like when you go to Scarletts place,
I had the Impresion that the camara sway was too quick, had wished that it would last a bit longer, It is a detail, and not important. actually I prefer it being like this, in comparsion with other VN's where it takes a lot of time.
Else still basking in the Afterglow of this Update:love::love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Thanks for the explanation. This would be my take...

Python:
define blink = Fade(0.025, 0.0, 0.025) # 25ms fade out, 0.0 hold, 25ms fade in

image imageWithBlinking:
    "someImage"
    pause 7 # wait for 7s
    # drop the 'mid' image
    "someImage_eyesClosed" with blink
    "someImage" with blink # total transition time: 100ms
    repeat

label thingsWeDidntAskFor:
    scene imageWithBlinking with fade
    narrator "This is untested code, off the top of my head."
Making the fade transition (going to black) would make both the girl and the MC blink at the same time. It would be a bit creepy.
I tried to make two characters blink (in 0.1) and to avoid them blinking while both were on screen I had to do (IIRC) 9 renders, and even then the effect wasn't very good.

I think it would look better with a shortened dissolve transition and keep the midway image. I should try things when if I ever am ahead of schedule ;)

About the blinking I find it incredibly immersive. Another game, went even further and made the characters breathe. In my view they went too far and made it TOO noticeable, instead of a very subtle chest movement, but that's a fine tuning issue.
Here, Trop, made it subtle, but very relevant.

Suggestion Trop, when in emotional moments, increase the repetitions, and vice-versa when in focused states reduce them. It can convey emotions subtly, but profoundly.

Peace :)
I tried the breathing effect (in whole animations) and, although I liked the result, I dropped it because no one noticed/commented on it. Even my betatesters didn't notice it and they played side by side with me! They only noticed when I said "Have you seen that MC is breathing?". So the effort to make it didn't pay off, and the risk of overdoing was high.

About changing the blinking speed depending on the situation, thanks for the idea! Midway development of 0.11B I standardized the blinking with a function (label) call instead of coding each one separately, so I can make something like what you propose without too big an effort.

is there a gallery mod available?
The Gallery is gonna come in Part 2 first and after that retroactively in part 1.
WhatSatouSaid.png
It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, and I haven't seen anyone else mention it, does MC mentioning how we'll never be able to marry any or all the girls actually mean we'll never be able to marry all the girls?

Even if it's not legally, I think it'd be really nice if we could do marriages like in My New Family. Which for people who don't know; we have a wedding were we get to marry all the girls but it's not a legal thing. So legally none of us are married, but we're still all married with wedding rings and everything.
I was going to ask how MNF did it and just the quote system showed your edit. My first "wedding" was like the one you describe in MNF. Not legal, but enough for us.

It will depend on the paths taken.
There will be weddings done differently depending if the player decides on a monogamous or harem path. If his partner(s) are family or not (or the game is patched/unpatched).
For example a wedding in a Samantha monogamous playthrough doesn't have any mystery. A Martha (patched) playthrough is harder to do legally. A Martha+Emma? A full harem? All of these options are written in the epilogue, with some surprises around it.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

Or he could go the Sisterly Lust route :)

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
TropecitaGames ; I like the animation where you show the whole beauty of the girls like when you go to Scarletts place,
I had the Impresion that the camara sway was too quick, had wished that it would last a bit longer, It is a detail, and not important. actually I prefer it being like this, in comparsion with other VN's where it takes a lot of time.
Else still basking in the Afterglow of this Update:love::love:
I normally use a static image for that kind of show and it takes 5s to do the whole tour from toes to head.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's a big image (1920x4230) done at full quality to get the most of the details, so sometimes it takes up to 1h30 to render.
Scarlett's presentation, with she rotating while animating the dress and her arms, legs, and facial expression is a 71 frame video of roughly 2.4 seconds. Around 4 minutes of rendering time per frame (there are a lot of lights in that apartment) 4h45. And I didn't get it right on the first try. Doubling the time to adapt to the standard 5 seconds would mean ~9h of rendering time (each try). Also, the dress wouldn't "fly" so much in a slower rotation, losing part of the '50s effect.

Sometimes you should take a compromise between what can be done and what can be done in a reasonable time.

Possible this game could be on Steam?
It will be there when I finish Season 1 (1-2 updates), add retroactively the gallery, and change some things to adapt to their ToS. I guess around Christmas it will be published there.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Or he could go the Sisterly Lust route :)
SL was the first AVN I played and it's to blame for a lot of design choices, like not overlapping events. The wedding(s) have an inspiration (argumentatively) in SL, but done diferently.

There's always Option C take over the City and make it legal there :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I don't think a city council has that power, but it would be great.

I was thinking that, but given the general story of the game, I can't see everyone leaving to live in a different country that allows incest and mutliple marraiges. Though, this would be the ideal for the incest harem ending
They won't leave (totally) Newport. I researched real countries that allowed harems to know if they could make a fast trip, marry there, and return to Newport, and it's not possible. No country accepts 28+1 harems. Inventing an island like SL's would be a direct copy, so I got another idea that would work fine (at least it does in my mind)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
TropecitaGames ; than I'll check if I have the latest video Drivers , that scene was clearly under 2.4 sec in my playtroughs , probably a timecode issue (had it with other games aswell before)
thanks for the clearing !
Edit: I'll blame Hornyy for my raised coffee consumption, each time he posts that Pic I set up a new Coffee jar (Bodum so real swedish) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes