Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
v.0.12 Release Schedule, and other news
You better not cry
You better not pout
Twelfth update is coming to town.

Now you can cry. There's a huge post coming too.

I am happy. Today I have finished absolutely all the work I can do on the update and all that's left is for the proofreaders to work their magic. They only have a 73-page document ahead of them.

I'm going to do something I haven't done for a long time: I'm going to publish the game tomorrow with only partial corrections. The first 34 pages are a few days old and I already have almost all the corrections integrated into the script. As soon as I have all of them, I will update the downloads with corrected text files. You won't need to download the whole game (except on Android), downloading the text files and overwriting the existing ones will be enough.

Why am I doing this? On Thursday I have a long work shift (although I'm working from home, I have to work) and on Friday afternoon I have a medical visit, so I could hardly integrate the corrections and publish the game on those days.

What's in the update?
  • 25,791 words in English (the largest so far, exceeding the initial release by 169 words. It took 6 months to make that release. This one "only" 32 days). Total: 311,950.
  • 24,259 words in Spanish (the largest so far, surpassing the initial release by 148 words). Total: 290,291.
  • 1,820 lines of dialogue (the largest so far, surpassing the initial publication by 30.) Total: 21,938.
  • 1,543 still images (the largest so far, surpassing v.0.10B by 284 images.) Total: 11,254.
  • 9 animations with 799 renders. Total 210 animations with 8,425 renders.
  • 2,342 renderings in total. Total: 19,679.
  • 3,016 lines of language-specific code (the largest so far, surpassing the initial release by 15.) Total: 38,254.
  • 412 lines of shared code. Due to an optimization of the shared code, this number has practically disappeared. I will stop tracking it.

What happens in the update?
As I already posted in the Table of Contents, a lot of things happen (no new information):
  • Lisa's nightmare
  • Kim wakeup
  • Debbie gets what you offered her in the airport (if you did)
  • Norah and some towels
  • Meemaw and a robe
  • Aunt Betty and a rolling pin
  • Getting lewd with Norah
  • NTR and GILF (not what you are thinking about)
  • Calling Alexia
  • Jamaal doing Jamaal-ish things
  • Edmund's story (pseudo-closure)
  • Aftermath of the morning events
  • Debbie shows you some underwear (also not what you are thinking about. Linked to her previous scene)
  • Daphne inverse corruption path (closure) / Daphne romance path
  • Aunt Betty once again
  • You got an email and a box
  • A new arrival
What is the release schedule?
  • Meemaw's Joy and Martha's Savior: September 20th
  • Norah's favorite: September 24th
  • Emma's Own: September 27th
  • Daphne's Teacher: September 30th
  • Erika's Knight in Shining Armor: October 3rd
  • Scarlett's First Love: October 6th
  • Free release: October 9th
Anything else you should know?
Yes, this is the last update of My Dorm Part 1. V.0.13 will be released as a standalone game that will be able to import the game saves from v.0.12. You know I'm not superstitious, right? If I were I wouldn't make this change in update 13.
Why make this change now? Because the game is getting dangerously close to the 5GB limit for free Mega users and the 2GB installation limit on Android. Thus, v.0.13 will be comparatively smaller (in size) and Part 2 will grow from that base size.

And that's all folks

Even if it says so, some People will still come and complain about it because they saw the 3 letters and didn't continue reading is my prediction.
I know, and precisely those guys will be the ones who will enjoy the most that part of that scene (if they dare to play it).

Especially when you know what those 3 and 4 letters really mean. We will laugh about those comments after the public release.
I mean, I didn't even get a chance to throw out my Skeletor meme ...
I'm

what that update will bring us.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In my post there is a difference with his :D
One difference that most people here will be interested in :whistle:
ooooooh daymn.gif
Yes, It's great that you have so much space left but not everybody is gonna have 15tb of space free. You should think about others too not only yourself.
Thankfully they split the tags, perhaps that makes things ever so more civil in these forums. Even if it's just 0.00001% more civil. :p
um ...
You don't really believe that right? :ROFLMAO:
No ... no I don't.
---
*This wake-up message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Still asking myself if it is possible for us endusers to remerge the parts ?
and I'm talking about a foolproof method for someone without deep knowledge or programming skills
If you mean the dev upload two parts of an over-5GB file, yes it's possible to make parts and merge them.
If you mean My Dorm Part 1 and Part 2, I think they should go in different folders.

Or just have some patience. Some of you young'ns never used 300 baud dialup and it shows. ;)
300? You filthy rich people! I was on 240!

There's also the point that you have some People that have a Laptop with very little space on them. My Work Laptop is like that it "only" has 250 gb space. So if I wanted to play several AVNs on it I would have to look out for the size of the AVNs. My PC has enough space though.
Work laptop and AVN in the same sentence? Bad guy! :D

Thankfully they split the tags, perhaps that makes things ever so more civil in these forums. Even if it's just 0.00001% more civil. :p
You are right. There will be 0.00001% people whose head will explode trying to understand the new tags :D

You dont need are vpn to bypass mega limit is are simple 1 symbole change in the link nothing more, ah ok as long its are NTR joke that is fine for me and as i dit say NTR is fine for me as long i can avoid it, the only thing i say no is if it comes to rape stuff(dream or talking about that is ok for me but no real scene with it). And as i can remember long time ago i thing around 10 years or something rapidshare was number 1 uploader and downloader.
The google index trick still works with rapidshare.
That's the same as saying to someone, buy Winrar , but not everyone knows that WinRAR never expires
NTR (netorare) as a tag won't ever be in a game made by me. NTR is not something I wouldl feel comfortable writing, since it's a kink I can't understand (no kink-shaming anyone here) nor turns me on. I said My Dorm is the game I would like to play. I would like everything that has appeared in one way or another if I were a player and not the dev. There are kinks that I don't enjoy (NTR, Sharing with another male, rape, copro, etc.) that never will make it into a game I write because I'm incapable of putting my heart behind it.

Or just working class Americans who are chronically under paid and have watched their essentials double or triple in price, due to greedflation.
If you remove the "Americans" word from that sentence, it continues to be true ;)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I'm shure I'll sound like my own Granny, :ROFLMAO:,right now, but Trope make shure that the to export savepoint, is marked very clear, or else there will be a bloodbath, after the startup of V13 :ROFLMAO:
Edit; TropecitaGames , No, not that, I meant If I want to make one version out of the 2 uploaded parts, so that I have on my drive only one (My dorm , consiting of Part 1 Part 2 Part 3) with only one exe file so I play all parts without having to shift, from one to the other (without interuptions) hope that was understandable

Reactions: Trope95

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Work laptop and AVN in the same sentence? Bad guy! :D
Hey I didn't say I did it. :ROFLMAO: (I was just thinking about doing it because of those slow days where nothing is happening)

I'm shure I'll sound like my own Granny, :ROFLMAO:,right now, but Trope make shure that the to export savepoint, is marked very clear, or else there will be a bloodbath, after the startup of V13 :ROFLMAO:
Oh God not that again, that was a serious Bloodbath. I can't experience that again:rolleyes:
but Hey this time I'll let someone other answer all of them.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: xapican

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Edit; TropecitaGames , No, not that, I meant If I want to make one version out of the 2 uploaded parts, so that I have on my drive only one (My dorm , consiting of Part 1 Part 2 Part 3) with only one exe file so I play all parts without having to shift, from one to the other (without interuptions) hope that was understandable
The save game thing looks great from what Riam told me. There is an autosave function at the end of v.0.12 and, you can take also manual saves. When v.0.12 is published, I will start tinkering with v.0.13 to be sure it works well.

I should ask RiamMar about the merging, but I doubt it, because there will be a UI overhaul, the script file (that launches the game) will be different, I even will upgrade Ren'py from 8.03 to 8.1 to get all the cool things Riam is doing.

Reactions: QaliberDK

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
The save game thing looks great from what Riam told me. There is an autosave function at the end of v.0.12 and, you can take also manual saves. When v.0.12 is published, I will start tinkering with v.0.13 to be sure it works well.

I should ask RiamMar about the merging, but I doubt it, because there will be a UI overhaul, the script file (that launches the game) will be different, I even will upgrade Ren'py from 8.03 to 8.1 to get all the cool things Riam is doing.
Thank's It was more out curiosity, Had this idea since a while, but couldn't find anyting in online forums or RenPy page it self also not afraid of missing the save point, (sometimes I read, but that is confidential information between us so don't tell)
not so shure about the manual saves though, up to this time RenPy failed blatantly to get this resolved.
abrazo

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
If you mean My Dorm Part 1 and Part 2, I think they should go in different folders.
The save game thing looks great from what Riam told me. There is an autosave function at the end of v.0.12 and, you can take also manual saves.
As it is planned right now, Part 1 and 2 will be in different folders but use the same folder for savegames.
Part 1 saves will have the usual file format. Exported saves from the end of part 1 will look like "part1-TIMESTAMP" and the player has the option to give the save a "label", so they can distinguish routes or whatever.
When v.0.12 is published, I will start tinkering with v.0.13 to be sure it works well.
We tested it a few minutes ago and it should work. We will test it further when we have a proper v0.13.
There's a beta for the changes in UI and co in my mod thread and linked on my website. It also has the "Import" screen in the "load saves" section.
If you don't change anything in how you write the game, it should be possible to make a merge-patch.
Take part 1, copy part 2 in it, copy patch to fix the "connection" or something and we can always make a final 8.1 build when part 2 is released.

As the "mod beta" shows, the new UI works with part 1 (maybe a bug here and there, but that's what the beta is for) and I removed the changes to the save mechanic, so that it doesn't break any saves while beta testing.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
If you don't change anything in how you write the game, it should be possible to make a merge-patch.
Take part 1, copy part 2 in it, copy patch to fix the "connection" or something and we can always make a final 8.1 build when part 2 is released
that is great ! wow, that would be one unique feature, thank you for taking your time to answer Riam really I'm pale impressed / erblasst vom eindurck !vom Einduck erblasst !

Last edited:
Reactions: RiamMar

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
As it is planned right now, Part 1 and 2 will be in different folders but use the same folder for savegames.
Part 1 saves will have the usual file format. Exported saves from the end of part 1 will look like "part1-TIMESTAMP" and the player has the option to give the same a "label", so they can distinguish routes or whatever.

We tested it a few minutes ago and it should work. We will test it further when we have a proper v0.13.
There's a beta for the changes in UI and co in my mod thread and linked on my website. It also has the "Import" screen in the "load saves" section.

Take part 1, copy part 2 in it, copy patch to fix the "connection" or something and we can always make a final 8.1 build when part 2 is released.

As the "mod beta" shows, the new UI works with part 1 (maybe a bug here and there, but that's what the beta is for) and I removed the changes to the save mechanic, so that it doesn't break any saves while beta testing.
I sent you to sleep a while ago!!! I need the resident genius fresh and rested. :D

What Riam doesn't say is that the new UI is so great, beautiful, amazing, and awesome, that I've been playing with it for a while. It's mind-blowing.

I will start working on 0.13 as soon as possible to see all the features!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
maybe it's me, but I don't want to lie - for me, a person who is not able to give birth is no longer sexually attractive. yes, he can be a great conversationalist - like a mother in non-incest stories - but this will definitely be nothing more than a "cock block" for my inner deep "I". alternative ways of sex - mouth or anal - they are just part of the "adult games", as part of the foreplay on the way to normal sex, which (yes!, even if hidden under a heap of lies and deceit, so as not to be afraid of responsibility and to think, not to turn off the path) leads to pregnancy. otherwise it doesn't work for me.
I don't know, maybe that's me. and therefore I speak only for myself.
I really pity any woman who decides to marry you, knowing that when she hits menopause, or if she has an extremely difficult birth with complications, she will no longer be sexually attractive to you. "Out with the trash you go! I need to find someone younger."

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I really pity any woman who decides to marry you, knowing that when she hits menopause, or if she has an extremely difficult birth with complications, she will no longer be sexually attractive to you. "Out with the trash you go! I need to find someone younger."
ramivat is a russian troll... best to ignore him...

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I sorta get it but also ewww.
But like if I have my druthers other than the occasional change of pace, anal and blow jobs are just eh it gives release of tension but a vaginal creampie triggers the caveman brain to start playing a victory march. Where this guy loses me though is like... While a vaginal creampie is a preferred end and in fullblown fantasy land what is best in life is to see my women pregnant before me, I can't fathom no longer being attracted to my spouse because she can't have kids anymore. Like irl we've decided no mas for various reasons, but making sure the swimmers get to their home is still just as viscerally satisfying.

Reactions: EJW and Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Although his opinion seems to be taken from some medieval nightmare, unfortunately it's shared by a lot of people (obviously, not me).
I wrote part of a scene on the issue and the MC's stance on it. It's on the next update.

I sorta get it but also ewww.
But like if I have my druthers other than the occasional change of pace, anal and blow jobs are just eh it gives release of tension but a vaginal creampie triggers the caveman brain to start playing a victory march. Where this guy loses me though is like... While a vaginal creampie is a preferred end and in fullblown fantasy land what is best in life is to see my women pregnant before me, I can't fathom no longer being attracted to my spouse because she can't have kids anymore. Like irl we've decided no mas for various reasons, but making sure the swimmers get to their home is still just as viscerally satisfying.
Vaginal creampie is great. Having kids sounds great. What I disagree with that guy on is the same as you say. My wife not being able to have kids anymore is not a turnoff.
One of the things marriage means is getting old (and fat) together, right? ;)

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes