Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
how did this 'Satou' thing started?
The ever helpful Elhemeer made a quick summary in another thread when someone asked something similar
Since I'm not tired, and you've probably gone to sleep, and I have nothing else to do right now:
  • After a few days (hours?) of people responding to the same comments (in a similar vein) as Satou Pendragon, HornyyPussy (I think he started it ... I may be wrong) followed one of Satou's comments with "What Satou Said™ (don't remember if he used "TM" on the initial post)
  • After a bunch of people followed his lead, and "What Satou Said™" became a Thing™, not only here, but in a few other threads frequented by some of the same people (leading to some confusion in various places).
  • Eventually, someone* (I don't remember who. FatGiant? Maybe even Hornyy himself) created this:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Again, this spread some more, some alternatives were created, some promised cameos were made, and the idea was thrown out that it should be on a mug* ... to which Hornyy said "why not" and, using one of the many online sites known for custom mugs, ordered one and promised pics in the future. Once the said item arrived, Hornyy then promised everyone would eventually get to see it.
  • Soon enough, Satou said something profound again. This was Hornyy's next post:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • This, of course, has been followed by new forays into coffee mug responses on this thread (I have no idea of any of the other ones are real or just mock-ups, though I'm guessing mock-ups.)
And that is the totality of my (possible miss-)understanding of the current mug-pacalyps.

*Turns out it was super-music-modder KoGa3 who made the branding, but I knew FatGiant was involved ... he brought about the mug-pacalyps!

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes