FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Folks, I've seen snow 4 times. 2 of them I had to go look for it on a mountain. One it came to me. The last one it caught me on the road to Madrid.

None of them on Xmas. IMHO it was 4 times too much. I detest cold with a passion. My ideas of Xmas are the Summer ones of my childhood in Angola.

Peace :D

P.S.: I think I have to replay My Dorm... not because of anything else, I simply feel I miss spending a lot of hours with the girls (of all ages). If you know, you know, if you don't... there is no translation for this word. I feel Saudades.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
There are plans for Part 1 to finish the translation into German and start the German translation for part 2
That's good to know.

I hope they have an easier time translating part 2. The games code is Spanish, depending on their Spanish level I suggest using the English translation as base.

Part 2 has already translation entries prepared. The translator should have a look at the language configs in the modules folder. (see attached zip) I separated the entries for the "add-on languages", so translators don't have to worry about their data being overwritten by another translator.

Files in archive will probably be used from v0.15 onwards but can overwrite existing files without causing a problem.

Would be nice to get the link to the translations when they are done to a) link it in the OP and b) for me to put somewhere for integration in the recoding of Part 1.

Paule778

Jul 14, 2021
I am sorry that a translation error has emerged in my posting. Unfortunately, I have no idea of programming, it would be nice if someone could agree to translate it. Furthermore, my English is not the best

Reactions: Trope95

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Great update, for me the highlight of it had to be Kate's face every time MC kissed anyone
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Next best highlight of it had to be Kim's face every time.
After that I'll have to give it to actually kissing Kate
One very small issue with the kisses is that the point check appeared after you got the points for choosing them, which makes it pretty well impossible to have 0 or less by the time the point check happens and to get rejected. You'd have to have avoided pretty well all of their points throughout the whole playthrough and been an asshole when Kim opened up about her makeup and vitiligo(?). Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a bad thing, it's a harem game and I think players should get what they want even if they were 95% stupid about it but it kinda makes the point check pointless.

• Red Heart

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
That's good to know.

I hope they have an easier time translating part 2. The games code is Spanish, depending on their Spanish level I suggest using the English translation as base.

Part 2 has already translation entries prepared. The translator should have a look at the language configs in the modules folder. (see attached zip) I separated the entries for the "add-on languages", so translators don't have to worry about their data being overwritten by another translator.

Files in archive will probably be used from v0.15 onwards but can overwrite existing files without causing a problem.

Would be nice to get the link to the translations when they are done to a) link it in the OP and b) for me to put somewhere for integration in the recoding of Part 1.
RiamMar if you manage to separate the language files for Part 1, I will gladly translate this to Portuguese-PT. I've been considering doing it for a while, only obstacle was digging through code to do it. I don't feel that secure doing it. I can translate from English or Castellano. I know the work is monumental, but, f... it I have nothing to do and participating in this project will be a dream.

So, let me know when you have it so I can start from Part 1. Danke.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
TropecitaGames what I mean was does that patch still work for the current version or do I need to download from RiamMar his Patch.txt doc to play in the game folder to enable the family patch that way since the code has changed a bit in things being impleted with new features and stuff now ?
The patch from Part 1 works. It's a empty file. It just needs to exist to unlock the content. (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: RiamMar and Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
The girls are there waiting for you, so it's the easiest saudade to solve ;)
I would recommend playing the new update before going on a replay, though. It's getting very good criticism.

There are plans for Part 1 to finish the translation into German and start the German translation for part 2
Unfortunately, my German serves only to ask for food and for directions, so no translating on my part. I depend on players volunteering to do it.

Does this work for the new update and future since some things have changed? Also RiamMar do I need on your mod page the the fix for this version before I start playing?
Yes, the patch is universal for the duration of the game. In Part 1 it enabled incest. In Part 2 it enables the button that enables incest.

Great update, for me the highlight of it had to be Kate's face every time MC kissed anyoneNext best highlight of it had to be Kim's face every time.
After that I'll have to give it to actually kissing Kate
One very small issue with the kisses is that the point check appeared after you got the points for choosing them, which makes it pretty well impossible to have 0 or less by the time the point check happens and to get rejected. You'd have to have avoided pretty well all of their points throughout the whole playthrough and been an asshole when Kim opened up about her makeup and vitiligo(?). Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a bad thing, it's a harem game and I think players should get what they want even if they were 95% stupid about it but it kinda makes the point check pointless.
Thanks!
For me, Kate is a must because of how different she is from other girls. I know she is not everyone's cup of tea, but she is mine (I'm the dev, so everyone is :D )
You get the points when you decide to kiss them, not for the kiss itself but for showing interest in them, so I think it's correct.
Before you decide to kiss them, the range for the girls is (in parenthesis the points gained):
Kim: -42/+32 (+6)
Kate: -15/+19 (+8)
Lisa: -11/+26 (+4)
Debbie: -26/+34 (+10)
So if anyone has gone in the full-avoid path with a girl and tries to kiss her, she will reject him.
The point system is pointless in general in almost every game. Players who want a girl will hoard points (especially with walkthrough enabled) because of the fear of losing a scene, making choices that would be unnatural to them. I didn't want that to happen in My Dorm, so I implemented three ranges:
RP >= 5: They like the MC enough to open a relationship with him
0 < RP <= 4: They like the MC enough to be friendly and attracted to him
RP <= 0: They are neutral (0) or dislike the MC
You can go full nice with Kim, be an asshole in the vitiligo issue, and you won't get kissed by her, but will still have a chance to open her relationship.

Sep 13, 2020
Will we ever be able to name our saves on what path we are on with a person or persons? The reason I am saying this is because it would allow us to be able to keep track when we load up the game to load up a save we will know what save we are on because I like to try individual paths with the girls and then one big path just combined. I hope this helps understanding what I mean because I suck at explaining shit like this.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
RiamMar if you manage to separate the language files for Part 1, I will gladly translate this to Portuguese-PT. I've been considering doing it for a while, only obstacle was digging through code to do it. I don't feel that secure doing it. I can translate from English or Castellano. I know the work is monumental, but, f... it I have nothing to do and participating in this project will be a dream.

Riam, as always, is doing a magnificient work and will migrate Part 1 format to Part 2 format, making it easier to translate the files.
When it's done, we will be more than glad to welcome you aboard!

So what do I download my man the patch from part 1 and the patch.txt from RiamMar's mod page or one and not the other?
What FatGiant said :D
The one in the OP works, the empty patch.txt works, having both shouldn't make an issue, but one is enough.

Those monsters :mad::mad::mad:
I'm surprised at how low those numbers actually go but anyone who has -42 points with Kim deserves to find worms in their corn flakes.
For me, it's worse Debbie's -26
Kim loses 30 points in the vitiligo choice, so it's easier to antagonize her. To get Debbie's -26 you should continuously going in the wrong direction with her.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Will we ever be able to name our saves on what path we are on with a person or persons? The reason I am saying this is because it would allow us to be able to keep track when we load up the game to load up a save we will know what save we are on because I like to try individual paths with the girls and then one big path just combined. I hope this helps understanding what I mean because I suck at explaining shit like this.
You can name the saves clicking on the pencil and the name will show under the date/time you saved
1702809579371.png

• Wow
Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017

Will do, but it won't happen this year. Probably more something for end of January or February.

I am sorry that a translation error has emerged in my posting. Unfortunately, I have no idea of programming, it would be nice if someone could agree to translate it. Furthermore, my English is not the best
It's fine!
I'm German and was thinking of translating MD too. If someone can point me to the direction of where to find the fan translation, I will have a look and incorporate in my recoding / "proof read" it.

Ich bin selbst Deutscher und dachte bereits darüber nach My Dorm zu übersetzten. Wenn mir jemand sagen könnte, wo ich die Fan-Übersetzung finde, schau' ich mir das mal an und baue es in meine Überarbeitung von Teil 1 mit ein oder lese zumindest einmal zur Kontrolle drüber.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Will do, but it won't happen this year. Probably more something for end of January or February.

It's fine!
I'm German and was thinking of translating MD too. If someone can point me to the direction of where to find the fan translation, I will have a look and incorporate in my recoding / "proof read" it.

Ich bin selbst Deutscher und dachte bereits darüber nach My Dorm zu übersetzten. Wenn mir jemand sagen könnte, wo ich die Fan-Übersetzung finde, schau' ich mir das mal an und baue es in meine Überarbeitung von Teil 1 mit ein oder lese zumindest einmal zur Kontrolle drüber.
The download link is in this post. It covers Part 1 up until v.0.10B
https://f95zone.to/threads/german-t...hael-11-and-salamanda666.116701/#post-8126984

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes