S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks for that! Started at the beginning and am enjoying the ride so far. So if my math skills are up to par, it looks like there are so far 3 more installments after this with each being a separate DL?
No. Part 2 is all one download. Currently Part 2 contains V.13 V.14 and V.15, and will continue to be increased in size likely until V.23 or V24.

This is more relevant when downloading the active Part for the first time. Once you have it downloaded, going forward you can simply download the Update Patch which contains only the new content, so when V.16 is out, you could either download the full Part 2 which is what I do, or download the Update Patch and insert it into the already downloaded Part 2 you have. This I feel is messy, especially is you miss an update. As I said I just always download the full thing to always have the full game fresh.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
No game that forces me to play multiple times will ever see me playing it more than once.

I'm not looking for realism, I have that in spades around me. I am looking for escapism, fantasy, role playing, imagination, satisfaction of juvenile fantasies, etc...

What you are talking about is the absolute opposite. Why would I, as a pursuer of said purposes, subject myself to that torture of replaying a game more than once to discover multiple LI's? When what I want, is NOT a monogamous fantasy, but, a polyamory one? How would that EVER be engaging and interesting?

I do play some of those games, but, with the caveat, that if the Dev doesn't make a Harem path (their prerogative, obviously) I will ONLY play it once and will choose one LI and treat the others as badly as the Dev allows me. I don't care much for the "stories" and backgrounds and paths he so laboriously wrote and rendered (MY prerogative, obviously) since he doesn't care for my interests (doesn't have to). "oh but you miss this scene and that scene", sure, there are mods to see the scenes if I want to, or I can go into the directory and look for it, if I feel like it. What I will NOT do, is replay because someone else orders me to.

On the other hand, because I absolutely love the approach that Tropecita took, I've replayed this 3 times, and I'm considering a 4th. Why? Because I don't HAVE to. Because I have the content I want, how I want it, with no drama, with no problems. It's NOT real, and that's EXACTLY what I like about it.

In reality I live in a monogamous 30+ years relationship. Happily I have to say. It's enough.

So, go play all those games that satisfy your itch for "realism" leave this one very much alone for us that truly love this type of fantasy.

I truly don't appreciate your proselytizing of non-harem games. Even if Trope is polite and understanding enough to humor you. There are more than enough of those games around, don't come asking for another.

Also, in this game, thanks to Trope, you can play it with "realism" following a "solo" path, or even a "none" path. Or whatever number of LI's that you prefer. From ZERO to 28. YOU are not forced here. The same way that you are NOT forced in reality to have ONLY one partner. If you are willing to you can have many, some of them are even agreeable enough to let you. In reality, you are the one setting the limits, not a Dev.

Peace :(
If we wanted "realism" in a game we would play Eurotruck Simulator, for example.
When I had time to play I played Skyrim, because I could drive a truck IF I WANTED in real life, but I can't ride a dragon to go to work. I played Hearts of Iron and won WWII with Luxembourg. I played Europa Universalis and Castille (not Spain) had every coastal province in Asia! Why? Because I can't do it in real life. A game, every game, serves to escape from reality (yes, even Eurotruck Simulator, where a crash won't cost you your physical health). Adult games serve to escape reality in a way somewhat different than riding dragons, churning out panzers, or conquering that small province that would your empire look fancier on a map. But it's the same, an escape from reality.

And like with every escape, there are tastes to it. I like riding dragons and some people like building a house and a family and going to work 9-5 (I played The Sims too). Some people like monogamous games and some like harem games.

I make the game (games in the future if all goes well) that I would like to play. Harem, Incest, Variety, Story. Not all the kinks are for me (I never would choose FemDom or MaleDom), but what is for me is to have the chance to decline those kinks. And I love that giving those choices and not forcing anything on anyone made you play My Dorm 3 times! Giving alternatives, for me, consisted of making a replay fun, and not making it look like a chore.

There are roughly 4,500 games in development on this site, and another 8,000 completed. I guess everyone can find their game/genre/dose of realism. I'm ultra-happy with the community that has find it in My Dorm!

These type of games work well due to the fact there are so many good and well written characters and your able to experience all or pick who you want to read without having a oh no you just had sex with your current girlfriend best friend now they both won't like you and you will need to pick one or lose them both.

The second part of what is making this game so enjoyable to read is the interactions of other LIs and how they act towards each other, and then grow as a big group together, which then follows on with optional group H scenes which so far the ones in this game have been very enjoyable to read.

I understand the appeal of single LIs and their own storyline per path, it's a very common approach in Japanese VNs and works well but 90% of them are fully made games, not monthly releases, If a dev like this game were to come out and say due to a poll vote I will be writing character A for the next 5-6 updates until their ending is done and then they take back seat or get no new content as we move onto character B I fear that would just drop paying sub members once their faviorute characters are done.

I burned out playing Japanese style VNs as once you finish the common path most of them forget the other LIs even exist while you focus on the LI you have picked so i now thrive on games like this that have both single character path and story but then every now and again focus on a LI 1 and LI 2 having a fallen out or a life changing event which after the MC sorts out it ends in a nice Double BJ/cum swapping or LIs bonding event to sweeten the story :ROFLMAO:
Making a player choose between two LIs is cruel. Most of the girls' real-life counterparts (if they existed) wouldn't want to share. Can you imagine a real-life Emma or a real-life Saira accepting to share so easily? I can't. Perhaps because I'm possessive in that regard and I don't like sharing, but I doubt Real-Emma or Real-Saira would accept it. Real-Eileen or Real-Scarlett in certain circumstances, yes. But that's the greatness of this genre. Realism is a good thing to have. Condoms too. No one wants to have condoms in an AVN. In real-life most (intelligent) girls won't allow us to go raw the first time after "dating" us for 2 days.

As you say, what I want to explore is how the group of girls interact. How will Martha react when/if she discovers she shares a man with her daughter? Like Norah? Or like Olivia?

The Japanese example is why I said developing that kind of game would be a mess in the capitular way of publishing AVNs with multiple-LIs-but-you-should-choose-one. One update per girl? 5 updates for one girl and ignore the rest in that time? To do a single LI game, it's better to not have any other potential LI in the game. Put all your eggs in the same basket and pray that LI pleases the audience. And, in my case, bore to death writing it.

The problem with people complaining about this or that being realistic or not, or grounded in reality or not, is that people often forget that what they think is realistic isn't universal.

Anyone having a harem of 10+ people is highly improbable outside of cults. But polyamory is very much a thing, so some of the smaller tighter harem games are a lot more realistic than they might seem at first glance. One guy with five girlfriends, not impossible at all, not even extremely unlikely as such things go. In reality the dynamic of the interactions of the people involved in the various relationships of the polycule vary depending on the people involved.

Then of course and relatedly there's the sexuality issue, and how the sexualities of the various involved people interact and effect the group dynamics.

Take this game and it's characters as an example, MC is straight and that's fine, Kate is bisexual great, in a group of women of such a random selection as the harem pool is, Kate statically wouldn't be the only bisexual. There would be at least two more. We know at least one of the other students is willing to experiment with kate, I think it was Kim who kissed her, so say Kim also discovers she's bisexual, under normal circumstances, it would not be at all unusual for MC and Kate and Kim to all start dating each other, not just both girls dating MC. That would be one possible, very realistic, event.
But given the nature of this game, the queerphobia of far far too many people, the absolute panic at anything even vaguely looking like NTR and it's highly unlikely that the polyamory would be implemented at it more naturally would be in the great majority of harem game, though thankfully not all.

What I always want in stories, more than realism is Internal Consistency. Not saying Charters can't be hypocrites, but the story world and the story itself can't be.

So as an example, and ignoring the issue of Patched versus Non Patched for a second; say Debbie and Lisa also dabble in incest, maybe purely sexually not romantically like MC and his family, it would be hypocritical of MC himself or any of his involved family to judge them for their incest while doing it themself. Not I said characters can be hypocrites but the story can't be, and the holds true here. So, saw Emma judges the sisters for playing together, that's hypocrisy and allowed, but what would be wrong, would be for all of MCs family to also judge them. That changes things from one character being in the wrong, to the narrative framing her as being right. Unless of course the girls who aren't involved in incest with anyone call out MCs family for being wrong.
You are right. Everyone thinks their (biased) concept of realism (based on what they/the people they know would do) is the only real one. Realism is like religion.
Polyamory, although not in the harem in the classical way, will play a big role in the game. The girls will love each other, with some choices, they will interact, but they won't be involved romantically. In the next update, there's a sentence (with lesbian content enabled) that resumes how most girls would feel about it.

The second girl, besides Kim, who has shown a bit of interest (although only in a sentence) is Eileen during the threesome with Alexia.

About hypocrisy, I agree. Take Scarlett as an example. During the first Truth or Dare game, she thinks, when the MC says he finds someone in the room attractive, that it should be her because she's the only one not related. During her date, she confesses to the MC that she understands incest now, not as a kink but as two people loving each other who, coincidentally, are family. Now she is in a place where she could discover she has committed incest. She could (mis)judge Debbie and Lisa if it happened before the lessons. Not after it.

Every character needs an evolution from their starting place. Most starting places are what society would call "standard or normal" (I hate those words). Anti-incest, anti-polyrelationships, anti-sharing-with-their-own-family (Samantha, i.e.), etc. The only ones who are out of the "standard and normal" are Saira and Eileen (oh, the irony). People evolve. In a game like this, much faster than in reality (in-game days-wise). But they evolve and leave their prejudices in a drawer, changing their point of view. And it's fun to write it.

Thanks for that! Started at the beginning and am enjoying the ride so far. So if my math skills are up to par, it looks like there are so far 3 more installments after this with each being a separate DL?
My current plans go up to ~v.0.40, it could be more or less depending on how the story evolves. The number of independent downloads depends on the content (basically still images) on every update. The 4 updates in Part 2 add to 2.25 GB in the images folder (562MB on average), but 0.13 only had 433MB and 0.14 652 MB. It will depend on how many v.0.13s and v.0.14s there is (size-wise) to know when I should split once again.

Last edited:

AVNTester2

Nov 13, 2023
If we wanted "realism" in a game we would play Eurotruck Simulator, for example.
When I had time to play I played Skyrim, because I could drive a truck IF I WANTED in real life, but I can't ride a dragon to go to work. I played Hearts of Iron and won WWII with Luxembourg. I played Europa Universalis and Castille (not Spain) had every coastal province in Asia! Why? Because I can't do it in real life. A game, every game, serves to escape from reality (yes, even Eurotruck Simulator, where a crash won't cost you your physical health). Adult games serve to escape reality in a way somewhat different than riding dragons, churning out panzers, or conquering that small province that would your empire look fancier on a map. But it's the same, an escape from reality.

And like with every escape, there are tastes to it. I like riding dragons and some people like building a house and a family and going to work 9-5 (I played The Sims too). Some people like monogamous games and some like harem games.

I make the game (games in the future if all goes well) that I would like to play. Harem, Incest, Variety, Story. Not all the kinks are for me (I never would choose FemDom or MaleDom), but what is for me is to have the chance to decline those kinks. And I love that giving those choices and not forcing anything on anyone made you play My Dorm 3 times! Giving alternatives, for me, consisted of making a replay fun, and not making it look like a chore.

There are roughly 4,500 games in development on this site, and another 8,000 completed. I guess everyone can find their game/genre/dose of realism. I'm ultra-happy with the community that has find it in My Dorm!

Making a player choose between two LIs is cruel. Most of the girls' real-life counterparts (if they existed) wouldn't want to share. Can you imagine a real-life Emma or a real-life Saira accepting to share so easily? I can't. Perhaps because I'm possessive in that regard and I don't like sharing, but I doubt Real-Emma or Real-Saira would accept it. Real-Eileen or Real-Scarlett in certain circumstances, yes. But that's the greatness of this genre. Realism is a good thing to have. Condoms too. No one wants to have condoms in an AVN. In real-life most (intelligent) girls won't allow us to go raw the first time after "dating" us for 2 days.

As you say, what I want to explore is how the group of girls interact. How will Martha react when/if she discovers she shares a man with her daughter? Like Norah? Or like Olivia?

The Japanese example is what I said developing that kind of game would be a mess in the capitular way of publishing AVNs with multiple-LIs-but-you-should-choose-one. One update per girl? 5 updates for one girl and ignore the rest in that time? To do a single LI game, it's better to not have any other potential LI in the game. Put all your eggs in the same basket and pray that LI pleases the audience. And, in my case, bore to death writing it.

You are right. Everyone thinks their (biased) concept of realism (based on what they/the people they know would do) is the only real one. Realism is like religion.
Polyamory, although not in the harem in the classical way, will play a big role in the game. The girls will love each other, with some choices, they will interact, but they won't be involved romantically. In the next update, there's a sentence (with lesbian content enabled) that resumes how most girls would feel about it.

The second girl, besides Kim, who has shown a bit of interest (although only in a sentence) is Eileen during the threesome with Alexia.

About hypocrisy, I agree. Take Scarlett as an example. During the first Truth or Dare game, she thinks, when the MC says he finds someone in the room attractive, that it should be her because she's the only one not related. During her date, she confesses to the MC that she understands incest now, not as a kink but as two people loving each other who, coincidentally, are family. Now she is in a place where she could discover she has committed incest. She could (mis)judge Debbie and Lisa if it happened before the lessons. Not after it.

Every character needs an evolution from their starting place. Most starting places are what society would call "standard or normal" (I hate those words). Anti-incest, anti-polyrelationships, anti-sharing-with-their-own-family (Samantha, i.e.), etc. The only ones who are out of the "standard and normal" are Saira and Eileen (oh, the irony). People evolve. In a game like this, much faster than in reality (in-game days-wise). But they evolve and leave their prejudices in a drawer, changing their point of view. And it's fun to write it.

My current plans go up to ~v.0.40, it could be more or less depending on how the story evolves. The number of independent downloads depends on the content (basically still images) on every update. The 4 updates in Part 2 add to 2.25 GB in the images folder (562MB on average), but 0.13 only had 433MB and 0.14 652 MB. It will depend on how many v.0.13s and v.0.14s there is (size-wise) to know when I should split once again.
If People don't want realism why are Games like , , or other Relaxing Games in such a Success sometimes :unsure: I personally like Dorfromantik much and have played it very much since it came out:giggle:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
If People don't want realism why are Games like , , or other Relaxing Games in such a Success sometimes :unsure: I personally like Dorfromantik much and have played it very much since it came out:giggle:
Different kind of realism, plus Powerwash doesn't have a story.

• Haha
Reactions: divingmedic
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes