A Dre@mer

Dev of Dreams To Catch, My Dream Girl, A Split Exi
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2018
there are actually 2 command files in the Zip.. 2 exactly the same.. Dunno why that is. I'm using latest, as of 2 days ago WinRar.
both the files have the same command
"" play music "music/ "". if you delete it, it will not cause any problem. The still game runs fine.

Reactions: MajorDespair

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.
My Dream Girl [v0.13] [A Dre@mer Studio] - Original Size: 940 MB

Download Win,Linux (114MB)
: - -
Download Mac (98MB): - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
a) Why does MC look like a chunky 40yo and yet acts like a teenage retard?

b) Who the fuck are these people living with him and why do they act like the caretakers of this 40yo retard? If this was meant to be an incest game then release a patch that restores the content. If not, and that's how it's meant to be, then it doesn't make any sense.

c) Actually who the fuck are any of these characters? We are getting thrown into the game, having no clue who MC is and what's his situation and not knowing anything about all the people surrounding him. And yet the dialogues are written like we do. Introductions are needed.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
seems interessting...ok, i download and play it when i'm sober (the wheat tastes too good) :cool:

DRinWV

Donor
Nov 22, 2017
Yes all you have to do is hit ignore but it should have been caught in a test run before publishing. It's near the beginning.
Unless quality of work does not matter.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
1. You're a dev, you go through the trouble of rendering and scripting the game.
2. Write "dam" 10 times in the first couple minutes of the game. In general make most of the dialogue look like a 15 year old wrote it on his phone.
3. ???
4. Not profit

It's such a small additional effort to do it properly since you're already writing it. There's some promise in the game, but the sloppy writing is really distracting along with the "different" looking MC who for some reason is on-screen all the time

Last edited:

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
1. You're a dev, you go through the trouble of rendering and scripting the game.
2. Write "dam" 10 times in the first couple minutes of the game. In general make most of the dialogue look like a 15 year old wrote it on his phone.
3. ???
4. Not profit

It's such a small additional effort to do it properly since you're already writing it. There's some promise in the game, but the sloppy writing is really distracting along with the "different" looking MC who for some reason is featured all the time
I think you're on the money with this Dev being a child trying to make some money for...idk, candy?

It's cute in a way with how this guy thinks what adulting is like. The writing is too much cringe for me...Dev, maybe get one of your dads friends, or an understanding uncle to look over your writing...or better yet, pick up a book, read it, make notes on inner dialog and what adults are like when they talk.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
The game have a bug:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 81, in script call
call a1 from _call_a1
File "game/scene_1.rpy", line 42, in script
scene picture_a2 with Dissolve
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at 465f750>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at 465f9d0>}>

I fixed it with just modifying Dissolve with dissolve

Bonnenuit

Oct 4, 2018
Max, A teacher by profession decides to propose to the woman of his dreams, while on a picnic to a remote abandoned castle. But a beautiful woman greats him in the castle to his surprise and what else awaits him is for you all to find out.
I have no idea why this is so popular with devs. If I saw a movie trailer that was all, "What's this movie about? Watch it, and find out!" I would avoid it on principle. Dreamer, I really suggest changing up your description to tell us something. The renders look good, but it's hard to be interested in something I know nothing about.

For all devs out there... the "try it and find out" line doesn't add any mystery to your story. It's just an annoying cop-out that tells me you don't have anything worthwhile to say about your own game. A game which may well be top-notch. But a lot of us will never find out (so your Patreon will suffer).

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Looked over the last changelog; 145 renders but added 45min of gameplay... so is this the text heaviest game ever or how is that possible??
Would be grateful if any of you who have played this care to comment, thank you.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
Is there a walkthrough does it need a walkthrough? I don't enjoy ntr just a personal preference don't mind it being in the game as long as it's written right and avoidable so I don't want to accidentally walk into an ntr situation because I misunderstood some choice I made earlier? Walkthrough would be thankful if needed? Thank you for your time :)

Reactions: Cernunnos.

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
For all devs out there... the "try it and find out" line doesn't add any mystery to your story.
You'll see that a lot from devs that don't really have much of a plan/framework and are simply making it up as they go along (especially so when the overview is so lackluster), which leads to a good chance of it falling apart and/or the quality deteriorating.

2.10 star(s) 14 Votes