Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 10] [CeLaVie Group]

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Hello Celaviegroup
First, I love your game and the girls in it :love:. II am a supporter and as such, I would like to share my criticisms with you.
1) in EP8 and EP9 there are several event in Cafe but nothing happen (at 15h, 15h30, 16h, 16h30, 17h00 once par day)... The same (boring) sequence of images. Why ?
2) When you click on exclamation mark (upper right) there is a recap of events to do, it's useful sometimes when you're stuck but is it possible to filter "not available yet" events or give a small hint to trigger the event ? I think "done" events is not useful and can be replace by hints for events triggers
3) In my opinion, I think EVE path is sufficiently exploited, which could be the continuation of EP7, Except a hot massage event, but after at 10h00 and 22h30 in her bedroom, nothing else...

I'm ready for ep10. support the game ;)
Well noted

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Yes, the help system is simply not good. I have already written about this on a previous page.

If the help only says Not available, that's just no help. Help should show you what to do to get these events.

But despite the problems, I like and support Celaviegroup's games.
Please notice that there is no help function but only a hint function. In other words - you can't just play this game as a 'no brainer' - you need to think about your next step and make your own strategy. Anyhow - I try to improve the hint system in each episode.

DudeGuyMan534

Sep 9, 2022
Please notice that there is no help function but only a hint function. In other words - you can't just play this game as a 'no brainer' - you need to think about your next step and make your own strategy. Anyhow - I try to improve the hint system in each episode.
Any hint on when we could expect episode 10? Spoiled us a little with how quick 8 and 9 came xD

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Hello Celaviegroup
First, I love your game and the girls in it :love:. II am a supporter and as such, I would like to share my criticisms with you.
1) in EP8 and EP9 there are several event in Cafe but nothing happen (at 15h, 15h30, 16h, 16h30, 17h00 once par day)... The same (boring) sequence of images. Why ?
2) When you click on exclamation mark (upper right) there is a recap of events to do, it's useful sometimes when you're stuck but is it possible to filter "not available yet" events or give a small hint to trigger the event ? I think "done" events is not useful and can be replace by hints for events triggers
3) In my opinion, I think EVE path is sufficiently exploited, which could be the continuation of EP7, Except a hot massage event, but after at 10h00 and 22h30 in her bedroom, nothing else...

I'm ready for ep10. support the game ;)
I found that to get the Caffe events to trigger I had to do them in reverse Ie: Latest time first instead of earliest time ..

Reactions: BillOOu

pavanmce

Feb 22, 2022
Hi. How do I complete these events? 17:00 in Lynns room; 08:30 in the bathroom; 16:00 in the bathroom. Thanks in advance.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
In other words - you can't just play this game as a 'no brainer'
If you wanted to make a game based on this principle, you didn't succeed very well. All you need to progress through the story is look at the list of events and click on certain rooms at certain times. With rare exceptions, when game errors disrupt the consequences of actions or locations.
Well, yes, starting from the seventh update, you cannot progress with several girls at the same time. You need to focus on one to maintain her arousal level. But this doesn't add any importance to the dialogue, it just makes the game more annoying.
Moreover, most of the dialogues are so chaotic and meaningless that they do not clarify what is happening at all, but only confuse you and take up time to read. If I understand correctly, this dialog hints function is expressed only in phrases like: “I need to keep doing this” or “I need to try something different” that appear at the end of some scenes. Which also doesn’t force you to read the entire dialogue and generally works no better than a list of events.
So, you pretty much can play this game as a "no brainer" without any problem. Only thing that can stop you is bugs. But no hint system can help here also.

Reactions: JPSmith and J_M

Minnimix

Jun 18, 2020
thx.

I need help again at ep. 7 with a few events.

event 47 20:00 tv room
event 48 cant be triggerd yet
and event 54 17:00 at pool

how can i trigger this events?
Its a bug , in dinner event , teh dev set the description for event 54 .. "17:00 at pool"
But in variabels file is event 54 at 16:30 at pool.
But also , u cant start it .. there is no "set.active" code for Event 54

So , also u cant start event 47 and 48 , cause 47 needs min. 75/77 events done to go on ... but without event54 u have only 74 !

This is a bug reportet since feb in this thread : https://f95zone.to/threads/my-early-life-ep-7-celavie-group.166790/post-12867643

BritishDar1

Mar 22, 2022
I found that to get the Caffe events to trigger I had to do them in reverse Ie: Latest time first instead of earliest time ..
I'd messaged the developer about that before, and he'd replied that the game engine was setup to link each event to a specific time. For the café events, he made them triggerable anytime in the afternoon between 15:00 and 18:00. Because of that, you should be able to go anytime in that period, but only one event will mark completed each time. I did also notice that they mark completed in reverse chronological order, but you don't need to visit at that specific time listed for the event.

donkeybike

Mar 8, 2023
hmmm to all those detractors if you dont like, dont play. Its a great game for what it is and Im happy to contribute to the creator

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
if you pay for edition 9 you will get edition 8 which is not ready as opposed to edition 9 which is ready :ROFLMAO:

I don't know what people don't understand
For starters I don't understand your post...

Or... perhaps... hmmm... the developer "forgot" to complete ver8 of the "game" and skipped to the ver9, that of course is not completed yet. Frankly I firmly believe no version of this story is completed at the moment but I personally stopped reading his narrative some versions ago. Too predictable, monotonous, buggy and poorly designed. Sorry dev, I know you work hard on it, but this one... it just doesn't deliver no matter how many white knights are behind you.

Or maybe it's just one of your secondary accounts??? Who knows? Well... who cares?
This thread is more entertaining than the novel itself and I have you to thank for it.

Reactions: Tony 36

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
For starters I don't understand your post...

Or... perhaps... hmmm... the developer "forgot" to complete ver8 of the "game" and skipped to the ver9, that of course is not completed yet. Frankly I firmly believe no version of this story is completed at the moment but I personally stopped reading his narrative some versions ago. Too predictable, monotonous, buggy and poorly designed. Sorry dev, I know you work hard on it, but this one... it just doesn't deliver no matter how many white knights are behind you.

Or maybe it's just one of your secondary accounts??? Who knows? Well... who cares?
This thread is more entertaining than the novel itself and I have you to thank for it.
Ha ha - Episode 8 was delayed in February for lowest tier members so I decided to make episode 8 and 9 avaliable for these supporters in March. Episode 8 has just been released for my 1 USD supporters today. It will be public in the middle of this month. Episode 9 will be public end of this month. Concerning bugs - I always try to fix old bugs in new releases - the best I can do...
Poorly designed, predictable and monotonous - if that is your opinion - I can live with that - especially when you find this thread entertaining :)
Have a great day

Blackvoodoo

Feb 17, 2018
No matter what you call it, help or tip function. If it just says Not available yet, it's just not usable.
So you are forced to do all the events that are already done again and then just happen to find the right ones.

As I said, despite the criticism, I like the games.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
No matter what you call it, help or tip function. If it just says Not available yet, it's just not usable.
So you are forced to do all the events that are already done again and then just happen to find the right ones.

As I said, despite the criticism, I like the games.
I can't say for sure that there are bugs - but most likely this issue occur if a player has started episode 7 with a leaked version and tried to finish the episode with the public version.

Reactions: Santoly

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Dear all
Thank you for your support.
It's my plan to release episode 10 next week.
Almost all images are made and 90 % of the code is ready. I'm currently combining all parts and adding the conditions to the game.
As soon as the game has been send to my alpha team - I'll come back with dates for the releases.
Cheers
Bob

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Dear all
I receive a lot of requests for save files and questions on how to do various things in the game.
I'll try to give you a brief description of how to play the game and use the information that is given during each episode.In the upper right corner you'll see these icons:
Bookmarks tells you how many bookmarks you have triggered. Bookmarks are not a linear counter. Some bookmarks are triggered at first attempt whereas others require a lot of other bookmarks to be triggered first.
Question marks can be important to find the non triggered bookmarks. Here you'll find a list of Bookmarks that needs to be triggered to open the 'non available' bookmarks.
In the middle of the screen you can see each girl's location, their mood and how aroused they are. It's recommended to make sure that the girls are in a good mood and they are aroused to convince them to make any progress.
In the upper left corner you'll find the stat. If you click the left icon you can skip to the next episode. This is the best way to generate your own save file. You can also forward time
In your room in the upper left corner you'll find several options. In order to gain money - you first have to take a picture of the girls - then you need to upload it - and after some time you canI hope that this little guideline will help you to understand how to use the various infos on the screen.
Wish you all happy playing
Cheers
Bob
Image is from episode 10

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Dear Audience
**Please notice * if you have problems that the game wouldn't start - please unpack the game with the latest version of Winrar. **
Thank you very much for your support.
You're the reason why I make these games.
Enclosed please find link to episode 1-8 of 'My Early Life'.
*First you have to be patient, very patient and don't give up. You may expect no less than 6 hours of gameplay.
*If you click the question mark in the upper right corner you have access to all bookmarks that are triggered and not triggered.
*You can access all available events. If you see N/A - it means that the event is not available at the moment and you need to trigger something else to access this event.
*As long as you see available events you still have some untriggered bookmarks.
*Make sure to keep the girl's arousal high - the higher arousal the less money she'll ask for.
*From Bob's room you can text the girls when they are either in school or working. Be careful what you text to them. You can also clean their room and text the girls from their room.
Wish you happy playing
Cheers
Bob
Image is from episode 10

BillOOu

Mar 21, 2020
Please notice that there is no help function but only a hint function. In other words - you can't just play this game as a 'no brainer'
You're kind ;), however, even using my brain, it's not very intuitive for me to go to the cafe every day. This is why the hints are useful, even if you use your brain and the dialogues with the girls for the other events :p

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes