BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
You need to build the game flow using labels and statements. You can still use functions but they need to return before each user interaction.

This will let you write your actual game logic in a clear, easy to read form, but with the same complex behavior behind it.
Thank you for taking the time to write out this advice! I'll be taking a look at modifying the code structure going forward.

Paroxetin

Jan 16, 2019
If you're at this point, I assume you just completed the ATVs Base Upgrade. When you assign girls to the Away Group and progress time in the day, you should now get an option to select "City Suburbs" or "Industrial Park" to send the girls to. Just make sure girls are assigned to the Away Group and it should work. If you still have problems, I'll look into the bug and post a console command that will fix the issue.
Hi BadAngel - thanks for the feedback!
yes, just completed ATV and Defence Upgrade, now I do have Away Group 1 assigned:-Isabelle, Destiny, Skylar.
But once I progress time only the normal Map pops up (City Suburbs). I send the group once to every location in case there was something missing to reveal. I think I also checked every possible interactive symbol on the map.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

so am I missing something? :oops:

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
Hi BadAngel - thanks for the feedback!
yes, just completed ATV and Defence Upgrade, now I do have Away Group 1 assigned:-Isabelle, Destiny, Skylar.
But once I progress time only the normal Map pops up (City Suburbs). I send the group once to every location in case there was something missing to reveal. I think I also checked every possible interactive symbol on the map.

so am I missing something? :oops:
Hmm, no it sounds like you did everything you needed to do. I've modify the code so that the trigger is definitely caught when the ATVs are completed.

In the meantime here's how you should be able to progress your game:
1) Hit "Shift+'O'" to open the command console
2) Copy & Paste the the following and hit enter: base_upgrade_atv.upgrade_completed=1
3) Copy & Paste the the following and hit enter: act2_ip_unlocked_flag=1

This should give you access to the Industrial Park and move your hint system forward.

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
There's
A girl's Submission is 45 one day, and 10 the next... Is there a way to keep progress?
There isn't a continuous decay of trust or submission. Compliments will decrease submission (but increase trust more). Criticism will decrease trust (but increase submission more). There very few dialog events that will decrease trust or submission. Unless you're running out of food or antidotes that is.

So in general, you shouldn't be seeing a decrease of trust or submission on a daily basis.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Having a problem advancing the game. It tells me I have to explore all the suburbs locations and lists the strip mall and destroyed mall. (It used to list a third location but I explored that one and it dropped off the list.) Problem is, I'm sure I've explored every location in both malls, multiple times, and it won't clear them to allow me to continue. Any help please?

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
Having a problem advancing the game. It tells me I have to explore all the suburbs locations and lists the strip mall and destroyed mall. (It used to list a third location but I explored that one and it dropped off the list.) Problem is, I'm sure I've explored every location in both malls, multiple times, and it won't clear them to allow me to continue. Any help please?
Ya, this is a known bug. You could either download the game again (the bug's been fixed since) or do the following:

2) Paste the following and hit enter: cs_destroyed_mall.explored=1
3) Paste the following and hit enter: cs_strip_mall.explored=1

This should fix it and let you continue. Let me know if not.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Ya, this is a known bug. You could either download the game again (the bug's been fixed since) or do the following:

2) Paste the following and hit enter: cs_destroyed_mall.explored=1
3) Paste the following and hit enter: cs_strip_mall.explored=1

This should fix it and let you continue. Let me know if not.
Thanks, that worked. I'm now in Act 2, getting my ass kicked by the Sisterhood, lol.

Aug 8, 2019
I found something that strange at best, the girls don't have any personality they all say the exact same thing whenever you do something with them :unsure:

erkper

May 16, 2018
I thought he'd accompany away teams as a scout/combat boost.
I was expecting... something. Guard dog helping with night time security, assist with away teams, dunno. But so far, to only get a minimal (and variable?) happiness boost for a girl with nothing better to do, he hasn't felt worth the pittance of materials I spent building his doghouse. Maybe I'm missing something?

Reactions: kurosx

BadAngelDev

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2020
I was expecting... something. Guard dog helping with night time security, assist with away teams, dunno. But so far, to only get a minimal (and variable?) happiness boost for a girl with nothing better to do, he hasn't felt worth the pittance of materials I spent building his doghouse. Maybe I'm missing something?
Good catch that there's a variable happiness boost. Different girls get different happiness (with Skylar getting the most).

Currently that's the extent that the dog currently plays in MFA. I would like to incorporate more mechanics (like scavenging/protection boosts as mentioned above). It'll be up to a Patreon poll whether people would have interest in these mechanics being developed in the next update, MFA-0.2.1.

Oh, and no intention for NSFW content with the dog :p

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes