Nozshuna

Jun 14, 2017

Hey! I've got so much to tell you that I don't even know where to start. I'll probably start with the build that is attached below.
So this is the second version of the game in which (due to the changes that I added) you cannot reach the final yet. BUT. I added a lot of small useful things there.
List:
- Changed the design of the main menu / options / inventory.
- Added a new slot to inventory. A passive slot that changes the way you masturbate.
- New dialog boxes (more correct and now there are no bugs with different languages)
- Added tutorial level.
- Added a system of levers and doors (pressed the lever> opened the door). So far, only introduced at the tutorial level.
- Added aphrodosiac smoke from the ground (increases your lust when breathing this). So far, only introduced at the tutorial level.
- Changed character movement (running speed, jumping, attack speed, etc.)
- Masturbation in front of the enemy makes them rape you (so far only works with plant monsters and slime)
- New grass (yes, this is an addition, since it now does not load the processor so much)
- Zooming in the camera during the H-scene.

Also what to expect in the next update:
- A strange box inserted into a passive slot turns the heroine into Futa. (unlocks the ability to fuck NPCs, and also changes the rest of the animations by adding a dick)
- More rooms (expanding the levels of the forest and caves)
- Changes in dialogues and quests (Rescue of the cow girl, rescue of the seller will look different)
- Other NPC rescue (no teleports home)
- Other extraction of resources (you will not need to press up for logs, but just beat them. And I also want to add the ability to blow up stones with dynamite)

These are not promises, as some things are already in development and the next update to this version of the game will have these additions in them.
So now the next and main thing you need to know. The second version of the game will be the only one that will be developed on the Game maker, and everything else will be transferred to another engine.
Why is that? During the development of a steam game (versions above 2.2, with ax throwing, etc.), I encountered many engine errors. Although I tried to fix them, it created even worse errors. It got to the point that the player could fall under the collision just by clicking on the game window. This is not a problem with my code, but an engine problem that I could not fix in any way. Therefore, it was decided to transfer the game to the Godot engine (which has already shown itself from a much better side than the Game Maker).
What does it mean? Well, the fact that for the last four or five months I have been doing useless work, and also the fact that the release of the game is again postponed for another long time. It's terrible, but I will try to learn the engine as quickly as possible, and it is much easier to learn than a Game Maker. Also, I already have material on the game (textures, sprites, music, etc.), all that remains is to make it work.
It will take some time before I can give you at least a half working build of a game made on Godot. But at this time I will finish the second (or already final) version of the Forest House.

Also, so as not to confuse you and me. The Forest House and its final version will be a game made on Game Maker, and the game being developed on Godot will have a new name (I mentioned this earlier that the steam game will have a different name (so far it has not been invented, so the test name is Godot -a game))

I perfectly understand how this all shit sounds. This is also a blow to my willpower and desire to complete this project, but after thinking about it, I realized that I had no other choice. Game Maker is not suitable for large projects, this engine simply cannot give me what I need from it, so I can no longer use it. Therefore, the transfer is normal and for the most part this is my decision (since the fact that I have been trying for more than two weeks to make a code in the Game Maker that will correctly use frames per second, but it never worked, and in Gobot you can initially use them as you like.)
What else do you ask? Well, there is no more bad news, only good news!

So far, I will not promise a date for the next update of the Forest Home, but if there are no complex bugs, then I will have to finish a new update by the end of the month. Thank you for your support and if you have any questions, ask them in the discord, I will try to answer in more detail.

firefoxsmith

Jul 19, 2019
Found a bug. I played till you get the pickaxe and the amulet and when i was fighting those purple flying bat thingy i got stuck underground unable to move or jump. I restarted the game and selected continue. I spawn at home with the same items and equipments but I now have all the power up. I think having all 6 power ups without actually getting them resulted in an error for me because both the item and the quest regarding the item exist at the same time causing a conflict.
Is that past the boss at the seal with the goblins? How did you avoid the game crashing there? (I tried 2.35 and 2.5 with both crashing)

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
Don't even waste your time with the v2.5 version, it's.... yikes. I thought "How bad could it be?" Within seconds, I got stuck in the floor just from doing a slam attack and was completely unable to move. Then after restarting I got stuck trying to go right twice. I don't even know why they bothered putting that version up for release.

• Wow
Reactions: SlowDance

Chrysophade

Dec 5, 2018
Don't even waste your time with the v2.5 version, it's.... yikes. I thought "How bad could it be?" Within seconds, I got stuck in the floor just from doing a slam attack and was completely unable to move. Then after restarting I got stuck trying to go right twice. I don't even know why they bothered putting that version up for release.
I'm just waiting for 3.0 personally

70inchdonger

Mar 18, 2021
I'm gonna try 2.35 for now, 2.5 is borked.
Anybody have a reasonable guess when a new build might drop, based on how this dev works? I'm not super picky but this game is something special.

Reactions: Totally not monke

VynalDerp

Sep 25, 2019
A little late here (well, a lot), but the fix to going right twice is quite literally by jumping into the border you'd normally get stuck at. The game preserves momentum and height, so if you can get enough height before crossing screens you'll actually end up above the ground where you're supposed to be, rather than inside of it. Took me an uncomfortable amount of time to figure that out though, and shouldn't even be a problem to begin with, but from what I can see this is a one-time occurrence and won't happen again after the intro.

The intro all around seems to be buggy af in 2.5 and I would recommend just speeding past it as fast as possible. I have encountered more bugs in the 30 seconds of the intro than I have throughout the rest of the game combined.

IMNOVIRGIN

Jan 24, 2018
How do you get futa mode in 2.35/2.5?
In the cave system on the right side of the map. You can speak to a woman near a campfire. She'll give you a box that can be used to change into a futa. As far as I remember, futa only works on the woman at home and in the goblin camp

JumpNeet44

Jan 22, 2021
In the cave system on the right side of the map. You can speak to a woman near a campfire. She'll give you a box that can be used to change into a futa. As far as I remember, futa only works on the woman at home and in the goblin camp
bro that shit ain't working, she just tells me to go beat the boss and the other one just tells me something about cum, the goblins right?

3.70 star(s) 23 Votes