VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Little Katelyn [Ch. 3] [Ellaraia]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Meh, all of you are kids. :p (Says the 59 year old.)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
This VN/Game moves at a moderate to fast pace, as it tries to tell a story about a female exchange student and a male protagonist... Many of the characters don't feel all that believable, with some being a bit exaggerated and/or over the top... The protagonist seems more like an emotionless perv who just wants to get off as much as possible... The relationship between him and his girlfriend, feels hollow and fake... While the only time I feel there is any believable qualities for the protagonist, is with some of his interactions with the exchange student (who is actually not really treated all that well by the host family)… The character visuals look far more young then what the VN/Game suggests, and most are not that original... The story moves far too quickly, feeling more like it's just meaningless filler that was placed between erotic events/scenes, just to add some length to the VN... It's still very early in development, so it has plenty of time to improve itself and place more attention where it has issues... I went ahead and posted my review...

Zip

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Pops can go take up residence at the
The protagonist seems more like an emotionless perv who just wants to get off as much as possible... The relationship between him and his girlfriend, feels hollow and fake...
Zip
You might just be more right than you think. If you read back on some of Ellaraia's posts...there could be a reason for how he comes off with the GF. <COU>SHE'S A CLOSET DYKE<GH>

heheh

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Pops can go take up residence at the

You might just be more right than you think. If you read back on some of Ellaraia's posts...there could be a reason for how he comes off with the GF. <COU>SHE'S A CLOSET DYKE<GH>

heheh
Again, too much predictability... I kind of figured that, based off the character interactions, and his being continuously stood up... Well told stories, wouldn't be so predictable... It's not a good sign...

Zip

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
This VN/Game moves at a moderate to fast pace, as it tries to tell a story about a female exchange student and a male protagonist... Many of the characters don't feel all that believable, with some being a bit exaggerated and/or over the top... The protagonist seems more like an emotionless perv who just wants to get off as much as possible... The relationship between him and his girlfriend, feels hollow and fake... While the only time I feel there is any believable qualities for the protagonist, is with some of his interactions with the exchange student (who is actually not really treated all that well by the host family)… The character visuals look far more young then what the VN/Game suggests, and most are not that original... The story moves far too quickly, feeling more like it's just meaningless filler that was placed between erotic events/scenes, just to add some length to the VN... It's still very early in development, so it has plenty of time to improve itself and place more attention where it has issues... I went ahead and posted my review...

Zip
Characters:
In some cases, there is a disconnect between the audience and the characters true personalities. This comes from me throwing you into the story half way through. MC's relationship with Lucy is several months old and has reached a breaking point where Player and Lucy don't want the same thing and it's tearing them apart. The Mother isn't a bad person, nor is she harsh with Katelyn. She is punishing her for masturbating, because Katelyn is a guest in her house who shouldn't be doing such things in her eyes. There are three reasons the mother doesn't want Katelyn and Player together. Firstly, the same reason as her not wanting Katelyn masturbating. Secondly, Player already has a girlfriend and she wants it to work, which it won't it Katelyn and Player are fucking. Thirdly, she doesn't want her son getting hurt. If he gets into a relationship with a girl who will be moving to a different country in two months, he will get hurt.

I aim to fix this with the addition of a Chapter 0, which I am currently creating. It goes back two months to when Player and Lucy were first dating, and when Katelyn first arrived. It shows the characters at their best, before you then see them at their worst in chapter 1.

Father:
He's a dick, and he doesn't want Katelyn there. He isn't involved in the story going forward because Player avoids him as much as possible.

Story Speed:

How does the story move too quickly? The first two chapters take place over the course of several days. You go from not kissing Katelyn, to kissing her. I moved faster than that when I was 8. On the other side of the story, Lucy's side, the story hasn't progressed. Player goes from being her frustrated boyfriend, to being her frustrated boyfriend, who potentially came on her face.

Models:

As for the age thing, they look how they look.

This is a DAZ game, of course they're not going to be unique. There is a very limited supply of models and most of them are shit. I apologise, but to criticise a DAZ game for this is stupid.

Notes:

I don't understand how telling someone not to masturbate and to do the laundry as punishment for breaking the rules is treating them like shit. Maybe I live in a bubble where doing laundry is a difficult and mentally scarring task.

You say you can already predict what's going to happen. I can predict the lottery numbers for this weekend too, doesn't mean I'm correct until it happens.

Reactions: ThunderRob

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Again, too much predictability... I kind of figured that, based off the character interactions, and his being constantly stood up... Well told stories, wouldn't be so predictable... It's not a good sign...

Zip
He was stood up twice in 2-3 months. It's not constantly and never says it is anywhere in the story.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
So basically from reading this thread, you are cucked by the girlfriends best friend before even starting the game.
The MC is an emotionless jerk, there is apparently no love between MC & his girlfriend.

Damn I really liked SHF I wanted to like this game as well but if that's the direction it's going then I wish Ellaraia stuck with SHF.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
So basically from reading this thread, you are cucked by the girlfriends best friend before even starting the game.
The MC is an emotionless jerk, there is apparently no love between MC & his girlfriend.

Damn I really liked SHF I wanted to like this game as well but if that's the direction it's going then I wish Ellaraia stuck with SHF.
try playing the game..the thread is made up of alot of rants full of people's misconceptions and projections..cucked?..bickering to the point of "get me the fuck away from them" is more like it

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018

Incorrect.
He's not emotionless, he's upset with his girlfriend because she stood him up and he's frustrated because she won't have sex with him without telling him why.

If being cucked is foreplay 3-5 times per week, then where do I sign up?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
try playing the game..the thread is made up of alot of rants full of people's misconceptions and projections..cucked?..bickering to the point of "get me the fuck away from them" is more like it
hehe yeah I was just reading Ellaraias post above I think I'll add this game to my backlog and wait for Chapter 0.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017

You're best bet is to take folks opinions to what ever degree you feel helps you determine your own best course of action... It's not a lengthy VN/Game at the moment, so go ahead and try it... If you feel it is exactly or mostly in line with what other folks have said (or not), then feel free to give your own opinion and/or move on to the next thing... If you prefer not to waste your time, then that is entirely up to you... Don't feel pressured in either direction...

Zip

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes