VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Little Katelyn [Ch. 3] [Ellaraia]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
A scene with the dad in a skirt would be shocking (some may find the idea a turn on) but I wouldn't call him a trap just a cross dresser.
This may ruin the game for you, but I haven't actually given him a penis, so a skirt would reveal the real reason he's such an ass.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
This may ruin the game for you, but I haven't actually given him a penis, so a skirt would reveal the real reason he's suck an ass.
Poor guy :cry:
Ellaraia confirms the Dad is a dick-less eunuch :eek:
That would make anyone a miserable douche. Maybe that's whats wrong with the Mum she just needs some sexy time but Dad doesn't have the required equipment to perform.

Reactions: Valeck and Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Poor guy :cry:
Ellaraia confirms the Dad is a dick-less eunuch :eek:
That would make anyone a miserable douche. Maybe that's whats wrong with the Mum she just needs some sexy time but Dad doesn't have the required equipment to perform.
We've stumbled across an unfortunate truth.

Reactions: Safetydummy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Out of curiosity, rather than doing Chapter 0 (As awesome as it sounds- it also sounds like a lot of extra work)- have you considered just having the MC sit quietly in his room and reflect on everything that's happened?
You could kinda do it with less images in a vignette-style with a storybook feel. Maybe between 1-3 images just highlighting the important elements of each particular memory. Now that he realizes he may/may not have feelings towards Katelyn (depending on the player, whether he picks her or not- the emotions would still have to be dealt with)at some point.

It could show them (MC and Lucy) together, holding hands, walking together, sharing their first kiss...stuff like that- in a collage-ish picture/comic book style framing. Then it could show the "something" that made Lucy the way she is now (from the MC's POV, obviously)- he doesn't "know", but he would be able to see the change in her attitude towards him (because why would he date her in the first place if she was always like this?). He could remember when/where this relationship starting to go south and how much of a welcomed ray of happiness Katelyn was when she first arrived and made him feel better- even if he didn't have those "feelings" for her yet or at all. Maybe some of their early interactions- again, in a comic book style framing The mother could be shown in a more positive and less harsh light- towards everyone.

Something like that, blah, blah, blah- you'd fill in the minor details and plot points in the dialogue, but it could save you the hassle of creating an entire chapter that you had no intention of doing or all the renders. That way it's not presented as flashback, but more as memories from the MC's perspective. He has a whole lot to think about- it would be interesting to do it from inside his head. Just a thought. :)

Update: P.S. Without having to backtrack or completely reset from square one (in a way). It would all be moving forward without halting any progress. :)

Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Out of curiosity, rather than doing Chapter 0 (As awesome as it sounds- it also sounds like a lot of extra work)- have you considered just having the MC sit quietly in his room and reflect on everything that's happened?
You could kinda do it with less images in a vignette-style with a storybook feel. Maybe between 1-3 images just highlighting the important elements of each particular memory. Now that he realizes he may/may not have feelings towards Katelyn (depending on the player, whether he picks her or not- the emotions would still have to be dealt with)at some point.

It could show them (MC and Lucy) together, holding hands, walking together, sharing their first kiss...stuff like that- in a collage-ish picture/comic book style framing. Then it could show the "something" that made Lucy the way she is now (from the MC's POV, obviously)- he doesn't "know", but he would be able to see the change in her attitude towards him (because why would he date her in the first place if she was always like this?). He could remember when/where this relationship starting to go south and how much of a welcomed ray of happiness Katelyn was when she first arrived and made him feel better- even if he didn't have those "feelings" for her yet or at all. Maybe some of their early interactions- again, in a comic book style framing The mother could be shown in a more positive and less harsh light- towards everyone.

Something like that, blah, blah, blah- you'd fill in the minor details and plot points in the dialogue, but it could save you the hassle of creating an entire chapter that you had no intention of doing or all the renders. That way it's not presented as flashback, but more as memories from the MC's perspective. He has a whole lot to think about- it would be interesting to do it from inside his head. Just a thought. :)
A decent idea, but it goes against "show don't tell". I see where you're coming from though. Chapter 0 won't be a full chapter, its about 1/3 of the other two.

I am wondering if telling the player that the relationship is on the decline is a good thing or not. I'd prefer not to, as then they can see the clear difference between Chapters 0 and 1, and wonder why. However, I worry that people will play and think it's inconsistant. Maybe a few small additions sprinkled through Chapter 1 would help, little comments by MC about his frustration with Lucy.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
@Ellaraia

I am wondering if telling the player that the relationship is on the decline is a good thing or not.
###I'm from out-of-town, but pretty sure that's beyond obvious at this point- unless the MC is some type of masochist. :)

Maybe a few small additions sprinkled through Chapter 1 would help, little comments by MC about his frustration with Lucy.
###Possibly or just from this point on and moving forward. We're still early into being the MC and integrating ourselves into the situation. Like you say doing it where it seems inconsistent OR too heavy-handed could throw people off as well. Showing the genesis of the their relationship may not even be necessary- in most instances, be it game, movie, TV show, book- you're thrown into the story from whatever point the "it" starts. Often times it doesn't start from the MC's birth, or the birth of his/her parents- it starts where it starts and you learn exposition, plot, and characters as you progress forward. :)

Again, just thoughts- and the NoDoz are starting to wear off... Mayday. Mayday. Mayday. :p

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
As I said earlier @ellarat least you are still early enough in dev to make corrections.

That is why I am doing a major revamp of mine...I needed to fix the story and add things that need to replace what I am taking out. Trying to work on it while I am marginally healthy enough to do so.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
@Ellaraia
Maybe a few small additions sprinkled through Chapter 1 would help, little comments by MC about his frustration with Lucy.
###This didn't "quote" properly- dunno why. :) Yes, this may be a good thing too- and it would give people the option whether or not they wanted to "restart" the game from the beginning- it's early enough that a restart now wouldn't be the most catastrophic thing in the world- if they don't, then it's on them to suss out why things are the way they are currently. Lol It's the dreaded "r" word, but it may eliminate a bit of confusion here and there- if nothing else. :)

Update: It did "quote" properly- I just apparently lost some of the thought- as the NoDoz veil was lifting...or crashing down, not sure atm. :p

Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
So let me get this straight. At the moment this game is about your MC who is in a long term relationship with a closet lesbian who is cheating on him with her best friend. Then it is also about a FES who isnt repulsed by the thought of sex with MC, but who is being kept away from him and punished for masturbating (does the latter honestly add anything of value to the story, other than making the mom look like a tyrannical bitch, which you claim she isnt?)

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
So let me get this straight. At the moment this game is about your MC who is in a long term relationship with a closet lesbian who is cheating on him with her best friend. Then it is also about a FES who isnt repulsed by the thought of sex with MC, but who is being kept away from him and punished for masturbating (does the latter honestly add anything of value to the story, other than making the mom look like a tyrannical bitch, which you claim she isnt?)
I still don't understand why not wanting, essentially, a stranger masturbating in your house is such an awful sin. Yes it does. Mother keeping Katelyn away from MC keeps the base game and the mod's stories similar to each other. It also makes sense without the mod because she doesn't want her son cheating on his girlfriend, a relationship that she encourages.

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
I still don't understand why not wanting, essentially, a stranger masturbating in your house is such an awful sin. Yes it does. Mother keeping Katelyn away from MC keeps the base game and the mod's stories similar to each other. It also makes sense without the mod because she doesn't want her son cheating on his girlfriend, a relationship that she encourages.
No, dont get me wrong, I understand that the mother wanting to keep them apart is very relevant to the story. I was asking does the not masturbating thing really add anything to the story other than to make players dislike the mom?

And as for the cheating part, did I have that one pretty much right?

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
1. Let the story unfold more before judging.
If the game already has the MC's GF cheating on him I dont really need to wait for future developments to make a judgement. Dont get me wrong, I'm not going to leave a negative rating or anything, but it's definitely enough to let me know I don't really have an interest in playing the game. (I will probably keep an eye on the development, and if it turns out to be really good I might reconsider, though that will always sour the experience for me)

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
No, dont get me wrong, I understand that the mother wanting to keep them apart is very relevant to the story. I was asking does the not masturbating thing really add anything to the story other than to make players dislike the mom?

And as for the cheating part, did I have that one pretty much right?
i'm not spoiling anything.

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes