VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Little Katelyn [Ch. 3] [Ellaraia]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
If the game already has the MC's GF cheating on him I dont really need to wait for future developments to make a judgement. Dont get me wrong, I'm not going to leave a negative rating or anything, but it's definitely enough to let me know I don't really have an interest in playing the game. (I will probably keep an eye on the development, and if it turns out to be really good I might reconsider, though that will always sour the experience for me)
All we know is that SOMETHING is going on. We can suspect and guess all we want. Personally I think she is cheating on him, but until that is confirmed or denied...I dunno.

Regardless...I am gonna click the "dump the bitch" button so hard, I might break my mouse.

Even if Katelyn wasn't the option...Bitch gon get dumped. Maybe even revenge fuck her then dump her. Maybe even throw her friend in for a grudge fuck.

Afterwards start the loving relationship with Katelyn.

Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
All we know is that SOMETHING is going on. We can suspect and guess all we want. Personally I think she is cheating on him, but until that is confirmed or denied...I dunno.

Regardless...I am gonna click the "dump the bitch" button so hard, I might break my mouse.

Even if Katelyn wasn't the option...Bitch gon get dumped. Maybe even revenge fuck her then dump her. Maybe even throw her friend in for a grudge fuck.

Afterwards start the loving relationship with Katelyn.
I'm just saying, there is a reason that it's common courtesy for people to tag their posts for future content when that content is of a type that can be extremely emotionally upsetting to some people (Rape, Abuse, Drugs, NTR, etc). Its because it's unfair to spring something like that on people who may have had traumatic experiences with those subjects IRL in the past. Luckily I have found that it isnt much of a problem here because people generally understand that springing content on people like that as a surprise isn't ok, and they tag their games accordingly (for current and future content).

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I'm just saying, there is a reason that it's common courtesy for people to tag their posts for future content when that content is of a type that can be extremely emotionally upsetting to some people (Rape, Abuse, Drugs, NTR, etc). Its because it's unfair to spring something like that on people who may have had traumatic experiences with those subjects IRL in the past. Luckily I have found that it isnt much of a problem here because people generally understand that springing content on people like that as a surprise isn't ok, and they tag their games accordingly (for current and future content).
It's not common courtesy to tag for the future. The guidelines literally say that you should only include tags that are currently in the game. The tags are current, not future. If I tagged the game vaginal, virgin, blowjob, anal... or whatever, this thread would be flooded with comments from people who are annoyed that those things aren't in the game.

You tag for what's in the game, not what's planned. Your point about people getting upset because of the content doesn't require your system of tagging. You just have to check the tags before you download. Simple. Yes, some people would be disappointed that a game they used to like now has stuff that puts them off, but that's not a huge deal, whereas false advertising, which is what you are calling for, is.

Disabled Account #1278362

Donor
Mar 8, 2019
I'll wait until you get significantly further in your game development to give it a try, because despite the fact that I dont agree with a lot of your views and attitude, the game does still have an interesting premise if you pull it off. I just want to point out that if the GF is cheating on you, even if it is with another girl, then this was a lie.

I'm not adding NTR.
Regardless, good luck in your development, and I hope you are able to make something good out of what seems to be a relatively mediocre start, I honestly do and I'm not trying to bash you here, just being realistic based on the feedback I have seen. I look forward to the day I can hopefully play and enjoy the complete game.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I'll wait until you get significantly further in your game development to give it a try, because despite the fact that I dont agree with a lot of your views and attitude, the game does still have an interesting premise if you pull it off. I just want to point out that if the GF is cheating on you, even if it is with another girl, then this was a lie.

Regardless, good luck in your development, and I hope you are able to make something good out of what seems to be a relatively mediocre start, I honestly do and I'm not trying to bash you here, just being realistic based on the feedback I have seen. I look forward to the day I can hopefully play and enjoy the complete game.
Thanks. I hope that when you return you enjoy what you play but if you don't then that's fine. I'm not trying to please everyone because that's impossible and trying to do so ruined ShF. If you fall on the wrong side of that line then it's okay.

I'm not sure why arguing with people who I believe are wrong gives me an attitude problem, especially when I prove them wrong, but I'll leave that there.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I actually find it annoying when devs put tags on their game that aren't actually in the game.

I have a LOT more tags I will eventually add to mine, but since they aren't in the game yet, no reason to spoil things. hehe

Reactions: WaltS and Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I actually find it annoying when devs put tags on their game that aren't actually in the game.

I have a LOT more tags I will eventually add to mine, but since they aren't in the game yet, no reason to spoil things. hehe
I agree. Tags are to tell you what to expect if you play the current version of the game.

I was told this when I created ShF a year ago and it's still the case.

For future reference:

https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/

1. Do not use tags that aren't currently available in-game/comic even if the creator says they'll be available in the future.

Reactions: Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I agree. Tags are to tell you what to expect if you play the current version of the game.

I was told this when I created ShF a year ago and it's still the case.

For future reference:

https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/
If you actually wanted to mention tags that you plan on adding but aren't yet implemented is to just add it as developer notes in a separate spoiler in the OP just be sure to state that they are planned but not yet in game and subject to change etc. That's only if you want tell people about possibly planned features/tags.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
If you actually wanted to mention tags that you plan on adding but aren't yet implemented and is to just add it as developer notes in a separate spoiler in the OP just be sure to state that they are planned but not yet in game and subject to change etc. That's only if you want tell people about possibly planned features/tags.
Good idea, but I don't want to spoil things. I'm content with how it is now. It's a good system.
I do have every chapter planned, but that doesn't mean that things won't be changed as I gain new ideas, inspirations and insight.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
@Ellaraia

I just wanted to ask a few questions.

First of all I want to let you know, that I have not played your game yet (bad habit of reading thread, before downloading).
I want to say you've gained my respect first and foremost, with your constant replies to the posts here....Your awesome Brother!!

I also read your post about waiting until you add the chapter 0, before playing...and I think that's what I'll do.
Your probably not going to have many renders with it (I assume).
So how long do you think, before you actually have that add-in? or are you going to wait till your next game advance to put it in?

You've also mentioned not so long ago, that Katelyn (exchange student) is only there for a couple of months.
I assume that since the game's name and the fact that she's a major potential love interest, that there going to be more of her after she has to leave?
I don't think that having a slow grind to romance...or...sex is going to be rewarding enough to reach, just to have her leave after achieving.
That might suck (big time) if that's the case, and probably screw you if you dumped Lucy just for a chance to fuck and get left.
My question is...Will she still be around in the game after her time is up?, or are we going to try to have a long distance relationship? (every one knows those Never work out).

I can see the need to have a potential interest with some one else, if Lucy is fighting with an intimacy issues. So the next relates to Sophia on a couple of fronts.

I know you said that, part of her bitchiness is being protective and taking time away from her, but I have three sisters and I know that would be such a small factor that it wouldn't be the case ( for a multitude of reasons).
I'm just guessing here, but I kind of think that Sophia is also interested in the MC. She actually is in a constant battle with herself.
On one hand, she's loves her BFF and wants to support her, even wingwoman for her. On the other hand, she's jealous enough to also want them to split up, so she could have her shot at him.
The poor MC doesn't know of this, to act accordingly to her, and is basically in the crossfire of her emotions.

I could see a situation arise from this, either for Lucy or against her.
Having Lucy find out about it from an overheard conversation, or maybe come across Sophia's open diary (chicks can't help themselves sometimes).
Maybe knowing about it and knowing that she still has some issues to get over, she sets up sex dates with Sophia and the MC or threesomes where Sophia is the physical one for the MC. So she doesn't loose the MC because of frustrations.

Of course, this can be a slippery slope, as the two of them could very close and both get what they want and need. So could potentially then have an even greater chance of breaking up with Lucy. Or once she gets over her issues, she keeps both of them as they are, and goes with a love triangle and the three of them share each other.

Sorry for the long post Brother, The renders you have look good, and I'm looking forward to playing your game...……………………….Peace!!

Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
@jaydem

First of all I want to let you know, that I have not played your game yet (bad habit of reading thread, before downloading).
I want to say you've gained my respect first and foremost, with your constant replies to the posts here....Your awesome Brother!!
Thanks

I also read your post about waiting until you add the chapter 0, before playing...and I think that's what I'll do.
Your probably not going to have many renders with it (I assume).
So how long do you think, before you actually have that add-in? or are you going to wait till your next game advance to put it in?
Chapter 0 will be released for free in about 1 week. As it is not a 'real' update, I will post it here.

You've also mentioned not so long ago, that Katelyn (exchange student) is only there for a couple of months.
I assume that since the game's name and the fact that she's a major potential love interest, that there going to be more of her after she has to leave?
I don't think that having a slow grind to romance...or...sex is going to be rewarding enough to reach, just to have her leave after achieving.
That might suck (big time) if that's the case, and probably screw you if you dumped Lucy just for a chance to fuck and get left.
Katelyn returns home as you finish school. So, effectively everyone goes down a different path and your choices will determine who you follow. This is the end point int he game. The endings, of which there are quite a few, document what happens after this and they will be quite detailed. There are currently 5 endings, but some can be achieved in multiple ways. You can get a good, long-term ending with Katelyn. There are a mixture of good, neutral and bad endings. I don't know how interactive the endings will be, that will probably depend on my equipment when I create them.

My question is...Will she still be around in the game after her time is up?, or are we going to try to have a long distance relationship? (every one knows those Never work out).
:( I truly believe they can, but both people have the put the effort in. When only one person does, then they just become very sad and stop making their game. :( This has nothing to do with MyLK or your question, but some people will understand.

I can see the need to have a potential interest with some one else, if Lucy is fighting with an intimacy issues. So the next relates to Sophia on a couple of fronts.

I know you said that, part of her bitchiness is being protective and taking time away from her, but I have three sisters and I know that would be such a small factor that it wouldn't be the case ( for a multitude of reasons).
I'm just guessing here, but I kind of think that Sophia is also interested in the MC. She actually is in a constant battle with herself.
On one hand, she's loves her BFF and wants to support her, even wingwoman for her. On the other hand, she's jealous enough to also want them to split up, so she could have her shot at him.
The poor MC doesn't know of this, to act accordingly to her, and is basically in the crossfire of her emotions.

I could see a situation arise from this, either for Lucy or against her.
Having Lucy find out about it from an overheard conversation, or maybe come across Sophia's open diary (chicks can't help themselves sometimes).
Maybe knowing about it and knowing that she still has some issues to get over, she sets up sex dates with Sophia and the MC or threesomes where Sophia is the physical one for the MC. So she doesn't loose the MC because of frustrations.

Of course, this can be a slippery slope, as the two of them could very close and both get what they want and need. So could potentially then have an even greater chance of breaking up with Lucy. Or once she gets over her issues, she keeps both of them as they are, and goes with a love triangle and the three of them share each other.
Considering that you haven't played the game, you've put too much effort into your theory. ahah. I'm not spoiling anything, but Sophie is not a throw-away character like the Father. She will be continuously involved in the story, and in multiple ways depending on your choices.

Sorry for the long post Brother, The renders you have look good, and I'm looking forward to playing your game...……………………….Peace!!
No need to apologise. I hope you enjoy.

Reactions: jaydem

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
The title could imply that Katelyn will be the main love interest or am I wrong? I played a bit and find Lucy more interesting (yet).
Katelyn is the main interest, but the other story, Lucy's side, will continue throughout the entire game. You can not pursue both stories at once, or choose either. Each will lead to different endings.

Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
I decided to play My Little Katelyn after checking out the thread and finding myself intrigued as to whether or not some of the characters were really as bad as portrayed. And my experience of the game seems markedly different from most other players. To save space, I will use spoilers for further comments.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, despite some flaws in the game, most of which may be solved by Chapter 0 (which I hope will be released as part of the main game) I am keen to see how MLK develops. The dev seems to care a great deal about his project and I for one really appreciate his active participation in this forum. Maybe it's about time I dug out Shaping Her Future from my Pending folder (I never got round to playing it because I was waiting for the Love route) and gave it a try.

PS. I especially want to learn the meaning of Katelyn's prematurely ended masturbation!

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
@Andrew Rider

MC-dislike:
I think he's improved with my re-write of Chapters 1 and 2.

Katelyn vs Lucy:
Lucy too has hopefully improved with chapter 0 and the re-write.
She and mc really need to sit down and talk.
Can you please get a time machine, go back 12 months, and tell this to my ex? :(

Cancelled Dates:
I can't really reply to this without spoiling things.

Mother:
I removed the father in the re-write.

Bugs:
Thanks, I'll try and fix these before the next update.

Final:
Chapter 0 will be released free with a patch for Chapter 1 and 2. i'll release it at the same time as Chapter 3, in under 2 weeks. I was going to release it earlier, but decided against it.
*MyLK
Thanks.
ShF is a very different game.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I decided to play My Little Katelyn after checking out the thread and finding myself intrigued as to whether or not some of the characters were really as bad as portrayed. And my experience of the game seems markedly different from most other players. To save space, I will use spoilers for further comments.

Anyway, despite some flaws in the game, most of which may be solved by Chapter 0 (which I hope will be released as part of the main game) I am keen to see how MLK develops. The dev seems to care a great deal about his project and I for one really appreciate his active participation in this forum. Maybe it's about time I dug out Shaping Her Future from my Pending folder (I never got round to playing it because I was waiting for the Love route) and gave it a try.

PS. I especially want to learn the meaning of Katelyn's prematurely ended masturbation!
Two more things.

Lucy and Sophie walk to school together, so her knowing about Lucy's morning isn't of note.

Also, there are a mix of endings from failure to medium-term to long-term. There are currently 5-7 endings planned.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I have bananas, @Ellaraia Lots of bananas. Let's deal. :D
No deal. Unfortunately, every subsequent banana is worth less than its predecessor and at about a dozen, the value becomes negligible. This is due to the haste at which the fruit in question becomes inedible. This leads to the total value of any amount of bananas being the same as that of a dozen bananas. According to my local supermarket, this amounts to a maximum of £4.20. This is too low a value to justify the work required to create that which you request. Sorry.

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes