VN Others Abandoned My Lovely Sara [v0.6] [Caizer Games]

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

Obscur01

Dec 4, 2018
Hello I can not play this in fullscreen on a mac, when I launch the game . the screen would just be so big that half of the game screen isnt even showing. please help me if anyone knows a solution.
I have the same issue. Even not in full screen it doesn't fit on the screen (1280x768). That makes the text unreadable and some buttons unreachable.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Wait what? I dont undestand, I have to play 0.4 version first? Who the hell is Elena?
Yeah you need to play 0.4 then 0.6, if a games op has more than one download like this one it's safer to assume you need to play them all (even though one is hidden in a spoiler). Elana is your ex's sister.

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Yeah you need to play 0.4 then 0.6, if a games op has more than one download like this one it's safer to assume you need to play them all (even though one is hidden in a spoiler). Elana is your ex's sister.
Ok what.. I dont understand anything.. SO.. I need to download 0.4 and by playing 0.4 I will spoil it for myself but if I play 0.6 first i dont know what the f is happening? Am I right or nah?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...by playing 0.4 I will spoil it for myself but if I play 0.6 first i dont know what the f is happening?
0.4 is the start of the story 0.6 is the continuation, the downloads are labeled with the in-game days they contain on the op. Why the two are separate unlike most other games updates I have no idea.

joedihd

Feb 24, 2018
If you ever want to make the switch from Disastrobuilder to Renpy, just let me know. I started my game on Tyranobuilder and quickly switched it all over to renpy in a short time. In other words, it's not as hard as it looks.
Please!! Do it! Change to renpy! Thanks for the game!

Reactions: OneManVN

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
Yes, you converted your lovely game "Alison" to Renpy from Trashbuilder after another player and I talked you into it. hehe So glad that you listened to us. And you made the change in just a couple of days, so it must be pretty easy to do.

And I'm tickled that you're now passing on that advice to other devs, and willing to share your own expertise in doing it. The fewer people that use TB the better for everybody.
It aint hard to be honest. Intimidating at first glance? Absolutely. But I converted my first release plus an additional patch in under 24 hours! So yeah, if the will is there, there is a way.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
It aint hard to be honest. Intimidating at first glance? Absolutely. But I converted my first release plus an additional patch in under 24 hours! So yeah, if the will is there, there is a way.
And Renpy already provides features that you have to do all sorts of contortions to make work in TB, if you can make them work at all in TB. People claim that TrashBuilder is easier for a novice/non-programmer to use, but that's only true if you have very simple needs and have little desire to learn or expand what you can do with your game's UI. IOW, not only is TB for noobs, it's for lazy and somewhat stupid noobs. IMO, Renpy is the best choice for a VN, with Unity a distant second.

Every game that I've seen here that has stuck with using TB has sucked. TB pretty well guarantees that result. All one has to do is read the reviews of such games to see it. Those that defend TB do so because they're taking a stance as novice developers and choosing to disregard their audience. Ignoring what your "customers" want is always a recipe for failure. As a game dev you have to try to put yourself in the mindset (shoes) of a player of your game. If you weren't this game's author what would you think of it? Too many devs are too enamored of their own work and don't see things from any other perspective. I could start citing examples, but that would hijack this thread.

I hope that this game's dev reads this thread, or at least that someone relays it to him, and that they listen.

Reactions: ju1zzed

OneManVN

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2018
And Renpy already provides features that you have to do all sorts of contortions to make work in TB, if you can make them work at all in TB. People claim that TrashBuilder is easier for a novice/non-programmer to use, but that's only true if you have very simple needs and have little desire to learn or expand what you can do with your game's UI. IOW, not only is TB for noobs, it's for lazy and somewhat stupid noobs. IMO, Renpy is the best choice for a VN, with Unity a distant second.

Every game that I've seen here that has stuck with using TB has sucked. TB pretty well guarantees that result. All one has to do is read the reviews of such games to see it. Those that defend TB do so because they're taking a stance as novice developers and choosing to disregard their audience. Ignoring what your "customers" want is always a recipe for failure. As a game dev you have to try to put yourself in the mindset (shoes) of a player of your game. If you weren't this game's author what would you think of it? Too many devs are too enamored of their own work and don't see things from any other perspective. I could start citing examples, but that would hijack this thread.

I hope that this game's dev reads this thread, or at least that someone relays it to him, and that they listen.
I won't lie to you, I agree with the trashbuilder being easier for green developers like I was when I started my project. But only because I allowed Ren intimidate me. Once I gave it a real shot I googled the living hell out of everything I couldn't understand. And once it all started to make sense. I never needed to look back. I now work while eating Doritos, sure my keyboards bit greasy. But you get the idea, it's easy if you give it a real chance (and study) And yes it mops the floor with TrashainoBuilder in every single way. I don't have to pray my queued scenes don't break the game for you anymore. With Ren, everything is smoothly moving along as intended, and I can give players as many choices as I want! So yeah I'm glad I listened to you and the few other voices of reason. As far as why I did it, again simple. You asked (The player.) I responded to the customer's demand. What other devs do however is their call :)

Reactions: ju1zzed

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
What other devs do however is their call :)
That gives me an opening (excuse) to rag on RPGM. :poop:

Those that use that POS system can't even make the claim that it's easy to use, like can be done with TrashBuilder. There is simply no good reason to use that crap (RPGM). TB is easier to get started with, Renpy is more capable, and for those rare games where Renpy isn't suitable there's Unity. Even guys like ICSTOR, eventually, made the switch. I am perpetually astonished (and dismayed) whenever I see what might be a promising new game that has popped up on F95's latest list and I look at them only to see that dread RPGM tag. :sick::cry:

The only thing that RPGM is good for is if you want to inflict a game on players where they have to wander all over a map with highly pixelated, very retro graphics and an even more outdated, awkward UI. :eek:

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
That gives me an opening (excuse) to rag on RPGM. :poop:

Those that use that POS system can't even make the claim that it's easy to use, like can be done with TrashBuilder. There is simply no good reason to use that crap (RPGM). TB is easier to get started with, Renpy is more capable, and for those rare games where Renpy isn't suitable there's Unity. Even guys like ICSTOR, eventually, made the switch. I am perpetually astonished (and dismayed) whenever I see what might be a promising new game that has popped up on F95's latest list and I look at them only to see that dread RPGM tag. :sick::cry:

The only thing that RPGM is good for is if you want to inflict a game on players where they have to wander all over a map with highly pixelated, very retro graphics and an even more outdated, awkward UI. :eek:
So tell us what you really think of RPGM lol :)

Reactions: DrackDrap

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
Great renders and animations. It's a shame for the clunky engine and I can't understand why was the v06 separated from the previous days. Is that also a limitation of TB?
I know it's easy to criticize from the sidelines but I hope the dev will give Renpy a try and switches over.

cetra

Jul 1, 2017
Huge props on the renders, Sara, and her friend are beautiful. Having lots of fun with the game so far, would like it to be moved to renpy though for easier navigation. Would suggest getting a bit more help with the English translations too. I figure English isn't your first language and its good considering that, but could be better. Keep up the great work, please make Elena bangable in the future!

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes