Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Some people think Lucy is broken. She is no where near. Melissa arguably is/was broken, Tanja was broken by you know who. Lucy met every day with strength and wits and licked her wounds.

Saying Lucy is broken makes no sense. She is an amazingly brave character. I hope for all the ones in the world hurting bullied and "different" to be as "broken" as Lucy, then they have a chance at happiness when they learn to trust again.

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
Saying Lucy is broken makes no sense. She is an amazingly brave character. I hope for all the ones in the world hurting bullied and "different" to be as "broken" as Lucy, then they have a chance at happiness when they learn to trust again.

You could say broken in a sense of "a break between body and soul" She know her mind and soul are perfectly fine but has been told by everyone but a few that her body is not normal/a freak.
It took MC to get to "feel" her body again.

Lucy met every day with strength and wits and licked her wounds.
:eek:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
This game's okay, BUT (< that's a big but) Lucy drags this whole game down like an anchor. I keep on smashing the space button just get away from her annoying nonsense. I regret continuing a relationship with her, she's not worth all that pain and aggravation
I usually only take out my sword and shield for Elaine, but how dare you? How can anyone hate her?

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
This game's okay, BUT (< that's a big but) Lucy drags this whole game down like an anchor. I keep on smashing the space button just get away from her annoying nonsense. I regret continuing a relationship with her, she's not worth all that pain and aggravation
Like most people frequenting this thread I do find Lucy to be a wonderful character. That being said, I also respect your wish to not have started anything with her in the first place. And while it would be far safer to just restart and Tab-skip the content up until the point you're now at, you could try to undo the relationship by way of the console.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Some people think Lucy is broken. She is no where near. Melissa arguably is/was broken, Tanja was broken by you know who. Lucy met every day with strength and wits and licked her wounds.

Dude, don't even bother, just add to ignore and go on with life.

Clearly a troll, some people just drag down others like an anchor and want to cause shit. They are not worth the aggravation.

I'd have accepted the just an opinion comment till they started talking about safe places and insulting people. As the saying goes, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Some are just full of shit and stink more than others.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
well thats your opinion .. but not mine i really enjoy Lucy ... well actually all the babes in this game .... so may i suggest restarting the game and don't bother Lucy again ....

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
lol Lucy drags down game, my ass :FacePalm: (Killer7, MC and Sandra too... they all drags down this game :ROFLMAO:)

i'm simple man: to see redhead girl - thumbs up, to see catgirl - thumbs up! And redhead catgirl is like double-barrel shotgun in Doom - one shot and you are killed in the heart, no matter how evil and powerful heartless demon you are.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Given the way the story ended in the latest update, I'd argue against that being a spoiler, I figure people already know where things are going.
That said, there was a brief moment during which I wondered if the MC and Lucy were thinking of co-owning a giant apartment complex or something, until I remembered the thing.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah, imagine that a girl who has abused and treated like she is a bit of a Debbie Downer, to begin with.

Isn't Lucy supposed to be one of those fucking weeb things, sunday or something.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
I guess that means we add you to the no tenants category.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It has always been my dream to manage an apartment complex. So let's buy one together and rent it out to as many tenants as possible. :ROFLMAO:

Obsid

Jul 29, 2017
Could have been a nice game, if I could get it to work. When I play it I can't see any animations or hear any sounds. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Could have been a nice game, if I could get it to work. When I play it I can't see any animations or hear any sounds. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
You could start with what you are playing on.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah, looking back at it, I was kind of vague. I'm playing 0.13 PC version, no other mods added. Do I need certain codecs to run properly?
Doubtful, but you should always have klite codex up to date, or it could be just corrupted.

Obsid

Jul 29, 2017
Doubtful, but you should always have klite codex up to date, or it could be just corrupted.
Updated everything, downloaded the version from Patreon, but still no sounds or animations. It's a shame, I really wanted to like this game.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

A wonderful morning to all of you beautiful and cute people out there in the world!

Another week, another progress update!

As some of you may have seen, two betas for 0.14 are already out. This means that I'm actually still on time for my usual release schedule - maybe a few days behind - but overall it's looking like everything is working out this month. No promises though. What I can promise is the usual teaser post once the third beta is out!

It looks like 0.14 is going to be a very big update in terms of content. The first two days combined are already longer than the first three days of 0.13. I'm not sure if all days will be that long but just to give you guys a little insight: One day is usually ~1500 lines of code. The first two days of 0.14 are both ~2200 lines of code - each! And those days are already packed with lots of emotions. But I don't want to spoil you guys too much, you'll see it when you play it!

I know I promised to slow a bit down and I'm really trying but it's difficult - I love writing stuff for My New Family so slowing down apparently means way longer days than usual. I hope that is alright for you guys, but I'm sure it is because longer days means more time with your favorite girls!

And as you can see I also attached two more renders for My New Memories. Both of them will be featured ingame, like all of the ones you've seen in these last few weeks.

I think that's it for this week! I hope you guys are doing alright with the pandemic, I know it's still pretty bad in some places. Stay safe and stay tuned for the teaser post! You don't want to miss that one!

annoyedsister.png oliviaphone (1).png

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Updated everything, downloaded the version from Patreon, but still no sounds or animations. It's a shame, I really wanted to like this game.
That is rather strange. The game uses mp3 for sounds and webm for animations. You should probably try to play the files directly first to see if it's a problem on the OS' or the game's side. They are located here:
Code:
MyNewFamily-0.13-pc/
└── game/
    ├── images
    └── sounds

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes