D

Deleted member 618663

To me its a lot cuter a cat girl going nya than meow. That said I live in 'Merica and we butcher our own language constantly so all others are fair game. Mayhaps that is why it doesn't bother me. :unsure:
It's not ours it is queen's english bastardized with about 30 other languages including native american, french, german, irish, scottish, spanish and so on. Since I was in the navy I translated as I went and paid it no mine.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
I like this game, although its verbosity can be quite annoying at times. The thing that really gets on my nerves, though, is seeing things like "nya". "Nya" is not a word in the English language, it is a Japanese word that should ALWAYS be translated into English as "meow," the correct English onomatopoeia for the sound a cat makes. When you translate anything into another language, every single word or phrase that has a direct equivalent in the other language MUST be replaced with said direct equivalent or the translation fails. I have the same problem with things like "hihihi" being used for laughter: "hi" (hī) being always pronounced with the long "i" in English. If I were translating from English to Japanese I wouldn't leave things like "meow" and "hehehe" untranslated so why do so many of these developers leave "nya" and "hihihi" and so many other words untranslated?
Jajaja!

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I like this game, although its verbosity can be quite annoying at times. The thing that really gets on my nerves, though, is seeing things like "nya". "Nya" is not a word in the English language, it is a Japanese word that should ALWAYS be translated into English as "meow," the correct English onomatopoeia for the sound a cat makes. When you translate anything into another language, every single word or phrase that has a direct equivalent in the other language MUST be replaced with said direct equivalent or the translation fails. I have the same problem with things like "hihihi" being used for laughter: "hi" (hī) being always pronounced with the long "i" in English. If I were translating from English to Japanese I wouldn't leave things like "meow" and "hehehe" untranslated so why do so many of these developers leave "nya" and "hihihi" and so many other words untranslated?
I do believe that "nya" was intentionally used for humor.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I have no trouble with "nya," because of the "catgirl" aspect. It did take me a long time to wonder why people were saying hello at the most inopportune times. Even now, I hear "Hai Hai Hai," not "Hee Hee Hee" when I read "HiHiHi."

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I'm sorry but what? Do you understand the concept of languages? Okay sorry, this is coming off more offensive then I wanted, starting over.

I don't know how the concept of a "living language" is taught in your country, but languages are and always have been alive, and they have always merged and combined, I don't know if you are a translator or something as you mentioned translating in your post, but first, this is an informal setting, and second it does what language should do which is communicate an idea, also I have seen "nya" used far more then "meow" lately when being used as onomatopoeia and that is for two reasons, one we are on the internet a place where people have memed animes to oblivion so everyone knows what "nya" is, and two it sounds cuter, so it makes more sense to use when you are trying to convey that something is cute or adorable, also that is an expression of multiculturalism, something that should be appreciated, of course, it could be better, but this is a step in the right direction.

As some final thoughts, the mixture of languages isn't something to be afraid of or appalled by, it is a show of unison, of how we are closer to other cultures, these days we can literally interact with almost the entire world and that is a good thing, and these small combinations are what hopefully will get us closer to a world language one day, now this is me being optimistic of course, so I'll finish this with a question because you actually made me curious, why do you feel that way?

Also so you understand where I'm coming from, I'm a Brazilian, I know that the USA likes to call itself the melting pot of the world, but we are mostly on the same level when it comes to that, and in my language, we have many words that are either adaptation of foreign languages or literally just the words as it is, and I bet that so does your language, just think "Pizza".

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
As one myself and totally detesting the phrase I can't believe I'm saying this but....

Okay boomer!

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel there is that's the issue for you. Clearly never encountered a weeb before.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
What the fuck is wrong with the dev!? I downloaded this 4 days ago because it was on the banner and happened to have my favorite tag in it. I expected fucking, debauchery, and a story that kept things in a proper frame for it all. What did I get instead? FEELS! Goddamnit, I skipped watching videos and playing other games for 4 days because I kept wanting to see where this goes! Honestly it's not particularly great as a hentai game, it's not bad but it has obvious weaknesses. Meanwhile the writing for in between scenes is outstanding and kind of moving. I actually teared up a few times during this. Again, not perfect as some of the ways things got worded were a irritating, but they never stopped me from enjoying the whole experience. I think after day 2 I stopped trying to masturbate to this and just started enjoying the story. I'm sure I'll probably try again in later updates as things get spicier (nod to people who finished the latest update and get the reference there), but for now I want to know more! This is like being left on a season finale cliffhanger where you know exactly what's going to happen but it was told so well you want to SEE it. 11/10, why can't modern media be even half as good at failing the original expectation and yet utterly surpassing it?

drinktheevil

Feb 24, 2018
All distributed variants of the game are compressed:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Depending on data plan or budget, downloading an additional 1.2 GiB (which is ~60% less or rather 75% more) may be a huge deal for people. Pointing out that the vanilla version isn't that big or that the android version (which may be of very limited use to them) is even smaller does seem rather thoughtless.

Take care!
you completely missed the point of the entire conversation man. please don't intervene if you cant grasp it. The point was

the original PC file is 2.8/9 GB the original apk file is 1.1gb. the compressed apk file is 1.5gb. waste of 400 mb if you ask me.

1. someone requested a link to the android apk compressed
2. i posted a non compressed version which was 1.1GB
3. another person started an argument with me about the link not being compressed and posted a link to a compressed version that was 1.5GB
4. I schooled that person with math. 1.5gb is more than 1.1gb compressed or not. the original poster wanted a smaller file size.

• Haha
Reactions: thorin0815

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
you completely missed the point of the entire conversation man. please don't intervene if you cant grasp it. The point was

the original PC file is 2.8/9 GB the original apk file is 1.1gb. the compressed apk file is 1.5gb. waste of 400 mb if you ask me.

1. someone requested a link to the android apk compressed
2. i posted a non compressed version which was 1.1GB
3. another person started an argument with me about the link not being compressed and posted a link to a compressed version that was 1.5GB
4. I schooled that person with math. 1.5gb is more than 1.1gb compressed or not. the original poster wanted a smaller file size.
Thank you for this gem. :ROFLMAO:

• Angry
Reactions: drinktheevil

Asgard000

Apr 10, 2019
So leaving aside the fact that I'm not a lover of visual novels (at least they don't have missions etc ... like the jikage rising or the summer time saga) I must say that I liked this visual novelle to death, first of all the story is really pleasant and light with a good alternation between drama and sweetness which I enjoyed very muc the game is not only long but also rich in content and characters with some twists here and the artistic part of the work is not only rich in content but also well done.

As for the narrative and grammar department, I cannot express myself since English is not my mother tongue but the story itself, as I have already said, I liked very much.

Here the only thing is that it all makes more sense if you install the incest patch otherwise it all seems a bit too forced.

All this is to say only that I thank Killer7 for making this wonderful work and that I can't wait to see it finished.

ps For killer7

As they have already told me you have the habit of exaggerating with your work so I recommend not accumulating too much stress and take some rest from time to time.

ps For the protagonist

Buy a bigger bed XD

I apologize for my bad english

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I have no trouble with "nya," because of the "catgirl" aspect. It did take me a long time to wonder why people were saying hello at the most inopportune times. Even now, I hear "Hai Hai Hai," not "Hee Hee Hee" when I read "HiHiHi."
Actually, when I see "HiHiHi" I actually hear a giggle from a sexually interested (or aroused) girl. At least that is how I have always thought of it. I have thought it may have been out of place at times.

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
Actually, when I see "HiHiHi" I actually hear a giggle from a sexually interested (or aroused) girl. At least that is how I have always thought of it. I have thought it may have been out of place at times.
ok, cannot resist.
"there was a HoHo. A HoHo is like a HiHi just deeper"

Who gets that reference ?

D

Deleted member 618663

Maim Lain has decided to resume modding If and when SHE gets to MNF I do not know give her time to get caught up. Then drop her a thank you (really can't thank her enough, paying her is voluntary). So a thanks is the least you can do. Thanks Killer7 for all you do!

Reactions: Dragon59

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Maim Lain has decided to resume modding If and when SHE gets to MNF I do not know give her time to get caught up. Then drop her a thank you (really can't thank her enough, paying her is voluntary). So a thanks is the least you can do. Thanks Killer7 for all you do!
Has she confirmed that she is doing mods again? Her patreon is still under review.

worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
At the risk of sounding ungrateful (which I'm not: I couldn't thank enough Maim Lain for all of her mods), as long as MNF remains only on the harem path I see no other game that needs a walkthrough mod less than this: as it's been said many, many times, if you select the top choice for each option you can't possibly miss - and the choices are always pretty straightforward anyway.

If/when the game will develop a few more branches for the top characters, now that's another story..... ;)

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes