May 24, 2020
When I installed 0.16 version on Android scenes from the gallery are missing. Only the scenes from 0.15 and 0.16 are present. Previous versions scenes are missing in gallery.

Pitrik

\m/…(>.<)…\m/
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

I wish all of you wonderful pelicans, bananas, cute, wholesome and very beautiful people a happy new year. I know this post comes one day earlier than the first of the new year, but still. As you can see I made some very special renders for this occasion - A different take on how to celebrate new years eve. While some just sleep through it because this year can't end fast enough, others try to enjoy small fireworks in their very close household. Again, with text or without text, in case you guys want to use them for something!

And now to something more personal and something that might be too long for one post, but I still want to share my experience with the year 2020.

Let's start with january, the month where probably the biggest change for My New Family happened. I'm not going through this month by month but it's the best month to start. During january we reached the $500 threshold which meant I doubled the ingame days from three ( like it was before 0.5 ) to six ( like it is now ). The huge income of new patrons was certainly something I never expected and to do this day, it still amazes me.

The year itself went on pretty good in the early months. But of course, starting in March things went downhill pretty fast. Covid started to spread in the world and a lot of countries were put into shutdown. Since I was able to make working on My New Family my sole income early in the year I wasn't as affected by it as others. But I saw many people struggle with lockdowns and other things, losing their jobs and not knowing how it will go further with their finances.

My New Family went through a lot of things during this year. It started at the end of 2019 with introducing Alice, showing up and dropping this big bomb on the household. The vacation with the whole household, where we met Elaine for the first time, probably one of the most controversial characters in my game so far. We experienced lots of character growth, new bondings being formed, relationships becoming more serious than ever before and so far, all the main girls asking MC the most important question in a relationship ever. Oh by the way, we will see the vacation location very soon again!

We reached every goal I set for myself this year. We reached $500, $1000, $2500 and $5000 dollars and now, at the end, even the 1000 patrons goal I set. To see all of this happening in the span of just twelve months is probably the most insane thing I have ever witnessed in my life. That so many people started to be a part of this amazing community during a year that was so difficult for a lot of us blew me away ( in a good way, of course ). I got so many messages over these twelve months with people sharing their stories, how my game helped them through tough times, how much they know what certain characters felt in the game and how much it made them smile and cry at the same time.

These little stories probably touched me the most, reading all the messages you wonderful people wrote. You amazing people telling me that you can feel how much love and dedication I put into this game, that I really was able to deliver the feelings I wanted to deliver with this simple story of a man finding a new purpose in life.

2020 has probably been one of the best and worst years of my life.

The best because I was given the chance to make something that started as a hobby my job. Like I said a bunch of times already when I first started making this game I never ever expected this to blow up so much. I never expected that people would like it that much either. And I sure as hell would have never thought that so many people would end up pledging on Patreon and supporting me financially. This was probably the best thing that has happened in my life for a long, long time.

The worst because I started to see what people meant by burnout. While I was always able to recover myself from the near burnout, those experiences have been extremely scary for me. I never thought that this could happen to me, that I'm always in control of my mental health. But I should have known better because my mental health was not that good, to begin with, even before I started working on My New Family.

This year also pushed my limits a lot. While working on My New Family I started to work on another game that turned out to be named "My New Memories". It took me over eight months to release the alpha that you can play at the moment. I had at least three scripts ready that were about as long as the alpha and I scrapped all of them because I didn't like them. I ordered new hardware, build a second pc and started to learn all this new stuff while still working on My New Family and pushing out updates regularly.

But now that the alpha is out and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, it became a lot easier. It was probably one of the biggest reliefs this year for me, to hear that people enjoyed my take on the amnesia story and that they can't wait to see more. This helped me more than you amazing people might think because I was very, very close to dropping My New Memories all together.

For most of the year, I was able to push one big update each month. While this was never easy, I thought I could keep this up at all times, giving you guys something to look forward to each month. But as some of you know, after 0.14 released this changed. I was never this close to burning out before so I had to take a step back. My biggest fear was that people would say "Oh great, another dev that is now starting to milk his patrons with slower updates." But you wonderful people took this fear from me in no time. It was such an amazing feeling to get all this support from you guys, that told me you don't mind waiting a bit more and that my mental health is more important. You guys are the reason I was able to keep going with all of this!

This milking patrons thing was something that bothered me a lot. Every time I was close to not meeting the deadline I had this fear that I would become like a lot of devs become after a time, not keeping people informed and only putting out small updates every ~6 months. I don't want to attack any of the devs that do that, they probably have their reasons for this, but I also know that a lot of devs take the money they make on Patreon for granted. I never wanted to become like this. That's why I'm always one hundred percent transparent with you amazing people.

The weekly progress updates are one of those things that I mean. Every week you get an update on how things are going with My New Family ( and later this year with My New Memories ). I love to talk to you people, keep you posted on the things I'm doing, and giving you small teasers for what's to come. I love being close to this community, to be a part of it, and share my work with you guys. And I think this also helped me to stay away from a lot of drama that happened in this industry. I just want to make wholesome games with lewd moments, not start a war over fetishes, etc.

I think I found my place in this industry with the games I'm making and with the games I'm going to make in the future. My New Memories' first public release will be very, very soon into 2021. And My New Family will probably also get a lot of updates this year. And as some of you know, when My New Family is "completed" we make a little time jump and continue with My New Family 2 - A story that is based on the harem ending, with MC, all his girls, and wards, etc. But until it comes to this we still have a lot of things to do in My New Family.

I think this post is already getting long enough. I hope that if you made it down here you weren't bored out of your life. I love to share my personal experience with the things I make here with you people. I think this only brings us closer as a community, a dev that likes to share his passion with others.

I met so many amazing other devs this year, made many new friends ( and probably also a few enemies ). Devs that inspire me to keep going like , who is one of the most dedicated devs out there, who is my biggest inspiration for a lot of story events in My New Memories, who never gets tired to help me when I have questions about DAZ3D.

The community keeps growing but one thing will always stay the same: That you people are wonderful and that we all share the passion for some more wholesome, happy moments in our lives. That's what I want to do with my games. No drama, no stories that will leave you with bad emotions. Just stories that will touch your heart and make you smile in the end, making you feel good after reading them. I like to be the reset button for all the bad endings you had to experience in games, the dev that will always give you good endings.

I'll talk to you guys on Monday again when it's time for the first progress update of 2021. Happy new year to all of you, stay awesome!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Fuck that some heavy shit to start the new year, but seriously Killer7 congrats on everything dude.

Reactions: alfeatcat

Vana karu

Nov 7, 2018

I wish all of you wonderful pelicans, bananas, cute, wholesome and very beautiful people a happy new year. I know this post comes one day earlier than the first of the new year, but still. As you can see I made some very special renders for this occasion - A different take on how to celebrate new years eve. While some just sleep through it because this year can't end fast enough, others try to enjoy small fireworks in their very close household. Again, with text or without text, in case you guys want to use them for something!

And now to something more personal and something that might be too long for one post, but I still want to share my experience with the year 2020.

Let's start with january, the month where probably the biggest change for My New Family happened. I'm not going through this month by month but it's the best month to start. During january we reached the $500 threshold which meant I doubled the ingame days from three ( like it was before 0.5 ) to six ( like it is now ). The huge income of new patrons was certainly something I never expected and to do this day, it still amazes me.

The year itself went on pretty good in the early months. But of course, starting in March things went downhill pretty fast. Covid started to spread in the world and a lot of countries were put into shutdown. Since I was able to make working on My New Family my sole income early in the year I wasn't as affected by it as others. But I saw many people struggle with lockdowns and other things, losing their jobs and not knowing how it will go further with their finances.

My New Family went through a lot of things during this year. It started at the end of 2019 with introducing Alice, showing up and dropping this big bomb on the household. The vacation with the whole household, where we met Elaine for the first time, probably one of the most controversial characters in my game so far. We experienced lots of character growth, new bondings being formed, relationships becoming more serious than ever before and so far, all the main girls asking MC the most important question in a relationship ever. Oh by the way, we will see the vacation location very soon again!

We reached every goal I set for myself this year. We reached $500, $1000, $2500 and $5000 dollars and now, at the end, even the 1000 patrons goal I set. To see all of this happening in the span of just twelve months is probably the most insane thing I have ever witnessed in my life. That so many people started to be a part of this amazing community during a year that was so difficult for a lot of us blew me away ( in a good way, of course ). I got so many messages over these twelve months with people sharing their stories, how my game helped them through tough times, how much they know what certain characters felt in the game and how much it made them smile and cry at the same time.

These little stories probably touched me the most, reading all the messages you wonderful people wrote. You amazing people telling me that you can feel how much love and dedication I put into this game, that I really was able to deliver the feelings I wanted to deliver with this simple story of a man finding a new purpose in life.

2020 has probably been one of the best and worst years of my life.

The best because I was given the chance to make something that started as a hobby my job. Like I said a bunch of times already when I first started making this game I never ever expected this to blow up so much. I never expected that people would like it that much either. And I sure as hell would have never thought that so many people would end up pledging on Patreon and supporting me financially. This was probably the best thing that has happened in my life for a long, long time.

The worst because I started to see what people meant by burnout. While I was always able to recover myself from the near burnout, those experiences have been extremely scary for me. I never thought that this could happen to me, that I'm always in control of my mental health. But I should have known better because my mental health was not that good, to begin with, even before I started working on My New Family.

This year also pushed my limits a lot. While working on My New Family I started to work on another game that turned out to be named "My New Memories". It took me over eight months to release the alpha that you can play at the moment. I had at least three scripts ready that were about as long as the alpha and I scrapped all of them because I didn't like them. I ordered new hardware, build a second pc and started to learn all this new stuff while still working on My New Family and pushing out updates regularly.

But now that the alpha is out and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, it became a lot easier. It was probably one of the biggest reliefs this year for me, to hear that people enjoyed my take on the amnesia story and that they can't wait to see more. This helped me more than you amazing people might think because I was very, very close to dropping My New Memories all together.

For most of the year, I was able to push one big update each month. While this was never easy, I thought I could keep this up at all times, giving you guys something to look forward to each month. But as some of you know, after 0.14 released this changed. I was never this close to burning out before so I had to take a step back. My biggest fear was that people would say "Oh great, another dev that is now starting to milk his patrons with slower updates." But you wonderful people took this fear from me in no time. It was such an amazing feeling to get all this support from you guys, that told me you don't mind waiting a bit more and that my mental health is more important. You guys are the reason I was able to keep going with all of this!

This milking patrons thing was something that bothered me a lot. Every time I was close to not meeting the deadline I had this fear that I would become like a lot of devs become after a time, not keeping people informed and only putting out small updates every ~6 months. I don't want to attack any of the devs that do that, they probably have their reasons for this, but I also know that a lot of devs take the money they make on Patreon for granted. I never wanted to become like this. That's why I'm always one hundred percent transparent with you amazing people.

The weekly progress updates are one of those things that I mean. Every week you get an update on how things are going with My New Family ( and later this year with My New Memories ). I love to talk to you people, keep you posted on the things I'm doing, and giving you small teasers for what's to come. I love being close to this community, to be a part of it, and share my work with you guys. And I think this also helped me to stay away from a lot of drama that happened in this industry. I just want to make wholesome games with lewd moments, not start a war over fetishes, etc.

I think I found my place in this industry with the games I'm making and with the games I'm going to make in the future. My New Memories' first public release will be very, very soon into 2021. And My New Family will probably also get a lot of updates this year. And as some of you know, when My New Family is "completed" we make a little time jump and continue with My New Family 2 - A story that is based on the harem ending, with MC, all his girls, and wards, etc. But until it comes to this we still have a lot of things to do in My New Family.

I think this post is already getting long enough. I hope that if you made it down here you weren't bored out of your life. I love to share my personal experience with the things I make here with you people. I think this only brings us closer as a community, a dev that likes to share his passion with others.

I met so many amazing other devs this year, made many new friends ( and probably also a few enemies ). Devs that inspire me to keep going like , who is one of the most dedicated devs out there, who is my biggest inspiration for a lot of story events in My New Memories, who never gets tired to help me when I have questions about DAZ3D.

The community keeps growing but one thing will always stay the same: That you people are wonderful and that we all share the passion for some more wholesome, happy moments in our lives. That's what I want to do with my games. No drama, no stories that will leave you with bad emotions. Just stories that will touch your heart and make you smile in the end, making you feel good after reading them. I like to be the reset button for all the bad endings you had to experience in games, the dev that will always give you good endings.

I'll talk to you guys on Monday again when it's time for the first progress update of 2021. Happy new year to all of you, stay awesome!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ps: I can't add the last pic because for f95 is too large :cautious: ..go check it on the Patreon page ;)
View attachment 964870
I know you mentioned that most people say it in messages, but I have no problem saying it in a post. This game is really calming in this year and I appreciate your effort, I have kept a rule of only 1 patreon at a time for a year and half. I do not wish to drop the other game(Rainy Day), so I will also support you. Thank you for your content.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Thank you for the nice comments guys and of course, happy new year to everyone here as well! :)

Asking the real questions right here...

but likely sometime in .19 given the current pace. It could be earlier sure but i don't reasonable expect it until then.
Elaine will get a lot more love in 0.17 :).

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Happy New Year, 2021. May your new year be better than before covid.
Don't stay up too late, and if you do, don't get too drunk. :devilish:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
uhm.png

Really easygoing and warm game – digging it very much.

Just noticed something on my first playthrough and can't not notice any more. o_O:D

Dirk220

Jan 3, 2018
I know I'm late but a happy new year to all you Pelikans and Bananas.

Again with a great new chapter you sent us into the new year,
you are a genius Killer7. I hope you get some well deserved rest before
you amaze us even more during 2021.
Keep up your incredible work.

So good luck for all of you awesome people here
and have good start to 2021

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes