Pitczasy

Jan 7, 2019
Nice images, nice characters, nice story... but only if you go with incest path. If you choose not to go with incest, somewhere in act two story is gone fucked up way. I choose to play a path without incest to test a story, but then i've been told about event I did't found, about characters I did't meet. It is not a game about choose your path, only go path autor means to you to go through. So I ask... why the fuck even put in this game option to make a choices that means nothing, and brings nothing to story. Autor in some point himself suggesting to play from beginning and choose only first options to progress story right way.

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Nice images, nice characters, nice story... but only if you go with incest path. If you choose not to go with incest, somewhere in act two story is gone fucked up way. I choose to play a path without incest to test a story, but then i've been told about event I did't found, about characters I did't meet. It is not a game about choose your path, only go path autor means to you to go through. So I ask... why the fuck even put in this game option to make a choices that means nothing, and brings nothing to story. Autor in some point himself suggesting to play from beginning and choose only first options to progress story right way.

Don't you think people would complain all the same about the fact that they don't have the choice ?

D

Deleted member 618663

You posted this just over 12hours ago, If I hadn't checked this thread I wouldn't have known about this progress update, still waiting for an email from Patreon to inform me about it!, so once again Thank You!:ROFLMAO::love:
I just got my patreon use agreement update from last year. So don't count on it. But the VN update(Killer7, Hestia) Now that is something (people) you can count on.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

"To test a story". You are not alone in doing this, there have been others and probably be more... but why? I'm not try to shame you but trying to understand the point.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

Pitczasy

Jan 7, 2019
"To test a story". You are not alone in doing this, there have been others and probably be more... but why? I'm not try to shame you but trying to understand the point.
Because there is a lot of other beautiful girls with whom you can create a harem Yvonne, sun, soo, fiona, fuck... even tanya. If a game is about a harem let the player choose who is in that harem. I started this game not a long ago, progress to a vacation, with best incest and other girls harem path. But then I thought "What if..." and try a story without the incest, missed a lot of content, but why the story then goes the fuck up way when . Why not simply when MC chooses bad path kick him from a house and end story try again. I'll like stories with different paths, with choices that leads to different ends, but in here there is none.

Killer7 I truly liked incest harem path, but you leave no other choice, so why give that option. You did warn a player about wrong path, couple of times, at some point MC make a choice to take a romance path with each girl his fucked up, so why then a whole story goes a way a player did't choose.

In my game the only girl I really force on you is Sandra because she enables the Harem.
No you not. You do not force a MC to do that. Do that and it will be ok. Give no choice for MC to fall in with Sandra and rest will go ok.

Don't you think people would complain all the same about the fact that they don't have the choice ?
I agree with you, but what choices? If MC choose to fall in or not for incest, leads to good path, or fucked up path with whole story go fucked up.

Pitczasy

Jan 7, 2019
No, that is not how harems usually work. You usually have one girl that enables the harem and that opens up the path to that. You have that in almost every VN you find and it's usually the first girlfriend you meet in game. She is the one who sends you to other girls that are interested in you, usually because she enjoys this stuff. See WVM for example, Jamie is the harem enabler there.

The story fucks up because Sandra is a girl that you have to pick. After a while the game will just throw you a game over screen if you didn't go for Sandra at least. You are basing your stuff too much on your personal view, but that's not how it should work at all. I do it this way because I like it this way, I saw it in many other games and I think it works out.

Sorry but if you don't like the fact that I forced one girl on you then this game might not be the right one for you to play. I didn't hesitate at all to make that decision, I think Sandra is the perfect girl for this scenario and she is my personal favorite. It became too tedious to do paths and events where Sandra wasn't your girlfriend so I stopped doing that. If you really have such a big problem with that then I'm sorry, but this is how it is and this is how it always will be for the harem path.

Oh, and by the way, the game tells you in the beginning that the love path that leads you into having a harem is the focus for me at the moment, every other path is not done at all yet ( for example, if you want to go for a single girl or a route where Fiona dominates you etc ).
But Killer7 like I already said you did not force MC to fall for Sandra. If You do that it will go ok

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
But Killer7 like I already said you do not force MC to fall for Sandra.
Yes, I do. If you didn't go for Sandra the game will give you a game over after you reach the 0.13 content. You probably didn't play that far because the game gets buggy and messed up if you didn't go for her. Like I said, Sandra is the only girl you have to pick.

I mean, the whole purpose of the harem evolves around Sandra. If you don't go for Sandra the game breaks, that's why I made to so easy to get her as well. That's why I made her how I imagine the perfect girlfriend would be.

Pitczasy

Jan 7, 2019
Yes, I do. If you didn't go for Sandra the game will give you a game over after you reach the 0.13 content. You probably didn't play that far because the game gets buggy and messed up if you didn't go for her. Like I said, Sandra is the only girl you have to pick.
Ok, clear this up form me, cause maybe I skip that part of the story. When do you force MC to fall for Sandra?

Please try to understand me. I really like your story. And that's the problem. That is why i try to test the other options, and when I found in my opinion a bug i give a sign about it. That's all.
There is a lot of games I tried and do not give a fuck about them any more. I did this because you and your story has a potential.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Because there is a lot of other beautiful girls with whom you can create a harem Yvonne, sun, soo, fiona, fuck... even tanya. If a game is about a harem let the player choose who is in that harem. I started this game not a long ago, progress to a vacation, with best incest and other girls harem path. But then I thought "What if..." and try a story without the incest, missed a lot of content, but why the story then goes the fuck up way when . Why not simply when MC chooses bad path kick him from a house and end story try again. I'll like stories with different paths, with choices that leads to different ends, but in here there is none.

Killer7 I truly liked incest harem path, but you leave no other choice, so why give that option. You did warn a player about wrong path, couple of times, at some point MC make a choice to take a romance path with each girl his fucked up, so why then a whole story goes a way a player did't choose.

No you not. You do not force a MC to do that. Do that and it will be ok. Give no choice for MC to fall in with Sandra and rest will go ok.

I agree with you, but what choices? If MC choose to fall in or not for incest, leads to good path, or fucked up path with whole story go fucked up.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question of why. To me it still seems like taking a highway that leads to a bridge out section even when there is a sign road sign that warns you as such.

This is my number one vn to play so I am very biased when it comes to it. I see "testing" like you have done as time wasting and pointless but everyone is different.

These days more so than ever people want what they want and can't accept what is available. You mention other harem combinations, that would be an epic amount of extra man hours and tons of work to satisfy a few number with each combo so Killer7 started with the gloriously beautiful full 100%pure harem as his first route.

I haven't a clue how detailed he will get up to in the routes that may follow but all I can say as I love this route and vn with all my blackened perv heart.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Ok, clear this up form me, cause maybe I skip that part of the story. When do you force MC to fall for Sandra?

Please try to understand me. I really like your story. And that's the problem. That is why i try to test the other options, and when I found in my opinion a bug i give a sign about it. That's all.
There is a lot of games I tried and do not give a fuck about them any more. I did this because you and your story has a potential.
It happens on the first day already, when she kisses you in her room. This starts the path with Sandra. The day after she asks you if you want to see how things between you two progress and from there on it's pretty easy to follow the route.

I mean, I understand that, there will be other routes once the harem path is finished. But for now the harem is the main path and for the harem you need Sandra, she enables you to go for every other girl in the game that is a main girl, for example. The only girls where you don't need Sandra would be Sun and Fiona, that's it. For all the main girls ( aka household girls ) you need her. Same goes for certain sidegirls like Yvonne or Arianna, because both of them are friends of Sandra.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
Maybe I got it wrong, but Pitczasy seems to suggest that you might want to remove the option to not go for Sandra at least for now, so players who enjoy trying different paths won't reach a bad ending just because that choice wasn't really one. Could that be a reasonable change to the game?

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Maybe I got it wrong, but Pitczasy seems to suggest that you might want to remove the option to not go for Sandra at least for now, so players who enjoy trying different paths won't reach a bad ending just because that choice wasn't really one. Could that be a reasonable change to the game?
I'm not a game dev but in a branching story like that, just imagining having to go through the whole code just to change one variable ... *shudder*

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
That is something I could consider, but 0.14 is deemed as an "old build" by now, so I'm not sure when I'll get to that, if that makes sense. Chapter 1-9 are basically complete, they still contain a few typos etc but those can be fixed later on. It's something I might do when I have some more downtime.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
I'm not a game dev but in a branching story like that, just imagining having to go through the whole code just to change one variable ... *shudder*
Killer can correct me if I am wrong I am going off past experience but at this point in the coding it would be more than just one variable since multiple others trigger from it.

Reactions: Killer7

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Not to be rude, but I don't see taking time out of two vns and whatever outside life Killer7 has to appease the 1% players that want to "test" another way. Also when sometime later other tweaks will be done ( perhaps routes,etc) anyway.

Just my two cents as a fan

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Killer can correct me if I am wrong I am going off past experience but at this point in the coding it would be more than just one variable since multiple others trigger from it.
I believe you both are saying the same thing unless I need more coffee :p :)

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
Not to be rude, but I don't see taking time out of two vns and whatever outside life Killer7 has to appease the 1% players that want to "test" another way. Also when sometime later other tweaks will be done ( perhaps routes,etc) anyway.

Just my two cents as a fan
I'm not sure it's worth it, either. Just tried to reconcile two points of view there. If it's just commenting out one or two menus, forcing the player to go one path where previously they had the (kind of fake) choice between two, it might not be too much work and prevent some confusion and disappointment. But that's Killer's decision and not one for anyone else. I myself really don't need it. Who would reject Sandra anyway? She's almost perfect.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm not sure it's worth it, either. Just tried to reconcile two points of view there. If it's just commenting out one or two menus, forcing the player to go one path where previously they had the (kind of fake) choice between two, it might not be too much work and prevent some confusion and disappointment. But that's Killer's decision and not one for anyone else. I myself really don't need it. Who would reject Sandra anyway? She's almost perfect.
This is one of the few threads that ideas even "unpopular" ones (I've had a few myself) aren't met with so much snark and attitude most times.

Killer7 and most of his fans are pretty chill and respectful. It's nice especially compared to other threads that are orgies of hateful and mean spirited fights instead of thoughtful and mature debates.

:)

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes