Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Am I the only one getting the pool scene with becca after gettiing caught with maddie by her mum even tho I chose not to pursue becca?
Yeah that was an error on my part, I fixed this already, if you want I can send you the fixed script and variables.rpy so this won't happen again. If not you can just skip this for now, it will be fixed for 0.7!

Reactions: pantau-san

applesauce

Aug 21, 2016
I'll be honest, my humor was definitely ruder at some points than I intended, but I think this presents a lot of information in a digestible way. Please keep in mind sometimes your harshest critics are your biggest fans, because they see potential; and nobody can tear something apart better than someone who cares for it a great deal.

I'll start off with a hypothetical tier-listing of the various parts of this game. Characters? Easy A-tier, maybe S-tier. Story? There isn't much going on outside of character driven story (Which is fine! Characters usually provide the most interesting parts of a story anyway.), but this is kind of a high B-tier. It's good, because the characters are good, but there isn't really anything going on beyond that. Arguments could be made for bumping it up to the A-tier.

Then we look at h-content. Honestly, I think this is a little bad, probably around D-tier. Wait a second, D-tier? Are you joking, you were just saying A/B-tier and S-tier for the other elements? No, friends, I am not joking. I really enjoyed this game, but this part was sacrificed on a blood alter to enrich the characterization and story elements.

Let's break it down going from there. Why is the h-content bad? For what reason is it unsatisfying for sexual gratification. Well, the reasons are manifold so listen closely. First and most prominent; they're short. There are only a couple animations or angles, and a very limited amount of dialogue. Let's take a look at one scene as a case study, and some other issues will also come up:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please, please let me know if this was helpful, or even just amusing. It took longer than I'd like to admit, and it wasn't easy to put some things in to words. I was going to compare and contrast this scene to one from another game I think handles h-scenes well, but seeing as how I don't even know how this post will be received it ended up being far too much work. I do not mean to discourage you, in fact the exact opposite is my intention.

Non-Killahseven individuals feel free to weigh in as well.

BeLikeWater

Apr 27, 2018
I'll be honest, my humor was definitely ruder at some points than I intended, but I think this presents a lot of information in a digestible way. Please keep in mind sometimes your harshest critics are your biggest fans, because they see potential; and nobody can tear something apart better than someone who cares for it a great deal.

I'll start off with a hypothetical tier-listing of the various parts of this game. Characters? Easy A-tier, maybe S-tier. Story? There isn't much going on outside of character driven story (Which is fine! Characters usually provide the most interesting parts of a story anyway.), but this is kind of a high B-tier. It's good, because the characters are good, but there isn't really anything going on beyond that. Arguments could be made for bumping it up to the A-tier.

Then we look at h-content. Honestly, I think this is a little bad, probably around D-tier. Wait a second, D-tier? Are you joking, you were just saying A/B-tier and S-tier for the other elements? No, friends, I am not joking. I really enjoyed this game, but this part was sacrificed on a blood alter to enrich the characterization and story elements.

Let's break it down going from there. Why is the h-content bad? For what reason is it unsatisfying for sexual gratification. Well, the reasons are manifold so listen closely. First and most prominent; they're short. There are only a couple animations or angles, and a very limited amount of dialogue. Let's take a look at one scene as a case study, and some other issues will also come up:

Please, please let me know if this was helpful, or even just amusing. It took longer than I'd like to admit, and it wasn't easy to put some things in to words. I was going to compare and contrast this scene to one from another game I think handles h-scenes well, but seeing as how I don't even know how this post will be received it ended up being far too much work. I do not mean to discourage you, in fact the exact opposite is my intention.

You basically summed up my opinion of the game.

Characters-wise: Agreed.

Story-wise: Agreed.

H-content: Agreed. Killahseven has good story-telling in my opinion and he should put more of that juice into the h-scenes as well. More foreplay and longer scenes. There doesn't have to be a lot of positions but good angles, different speeds and more dialogue to tell the players how the people involved enjoy the sex would be great. Also, don't forget more cuddling after the act. It would also be great to add in more scenes with pure romance or would build the arousal levels of the characters for h-events later on. This can happen within an update or span between a few.

I love the fact that Killahseven make the characters blush; this makes them so adorable. Likewise, he could also put this attention of detail to other areas such as the players could see that the female characters are wet when we have a close up.

Conclusion: I've enjoyed the game a lot from my playthrough and I believe improving the h-scenes would bump up the quality of the game to whole new levels.

Also, which game did you want to use as an example? For research purposes :3

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Pitching in about that TV scene with Sandra before H-time on day 16 (trusting you there)... he's been discussing some pretty heavy stuff during the day. I think it'd have been better to at least reflect a bit on that while talking to Sandra.

Currently, TV time with Sandra basically boils down to:
- Sandra: Hey I'm back!
- Player: Nice!
- Sandra: Let's watch TV!
- Player: Ok!
*watch TV*
- Sandra: Now let's go to bed!
- Player: Cool!

Not only does it fail to set the mood like applesauce pointed out, it also waters down Sandra's character. Her role becomes that of the girl who's 100% infatuated, cooks, has sexy time with MC, sometimes introducing new plot (like Yvonne wanting to watch them) and not much else.

A better way would've been to use that TV time for Player to talk a bit about his day, sharing some thoughts (e.g. heavy stuff like with Lucy and Maddie). Sandra listens, cheers him up, in the process the mood gets set... at that point, they look each other in the eyes and decide to go to bed, instead of the arbitrary "let's go to bed" comment after the *watch TV* line.

Another thing I noticed is that recently, there might be too many "it's good to be here" moments. Player talks to Alice, "it's good to be here". Later he talks to Sandra: "you're welcoming, made me feel good to be here". Then to Lucy: "it's good to be here".

It could instead be a great number of things: thinking about them after going to town (during a date or w/e) and buying a small present, some teasing, sharing dreams and/or insecurities for the future, asking or noticing they need help with something, random comment about how pretty they look in those clothes (it's not like Player has seen every outfit they own yet), cheering them up, etc...

That last one especially makes me want to talk about one last point: not every day will be 100% sunshine and rainbow. Some coworker or random passerby may have been a prick, maybe 2 characters got in an argument or there was some misunderstanding... stuff like that. People aren't perfect and you can hurt another's feelings without noticing. That + reconciliation is just as (if not more) important than the peaceful daily lives... especially since with reconciliation come greater mutual understanding and trust. It also opens up the way to making up for it by spending time together, going somewhere as well as asking for advice, etc etc. Having a few flaws makes characters that much more endearing and relatable.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Pitching in about that TV scene with Sandra before H-time on day 16 (trusting you there)... he's been discussing some pretty heavy stuff during the day. I think it'd have been better to at least reflect a bit on that while talking to Sandra.

Currently, TV time with Sandra basically boils down to:
- Sandra: Hey I'm back!
- Player: Nice!
- Sandra: Let's watch TV!
- Player: Ok!
*watch TV*
- Sandra: Now let's go to bed!
- Player: Cool!

Not only does it fail to set the mood like applesauce pointed out, it also waters down Sandra's character. Her role becomes that of the girl who's 100% infatuated, cooks, has sexy time with MC, sometimes introducing new plot (like Yvonne wanting to watch them) and not much else.

A better way would've been to use that TV time for Player to talk a bit about his day, sharing some thoughts (e.g. heavy stuff like with Lucy and Maddie). Sandra listens, cheers him up, in the process the mood gets set... at that point, they look each other in the eyes and decide to go to bed, instead of the arbitrary "let's go to bed" comment after the *watch TV* line.

Another thing I noticed is that recently, there might be too many "it's good to be here" moments. Player talks to Alice, "it's good to be here". Later he talks to Sandra: "you're welcoming, made me feel good to be here". Then to Lucy: "it's good to be here".

It could instead be a great number of things: thinking about them after going to town (during a date or w/e) and buying a small present, some teasing, sharing dreams and/or insecurities for the future, asking or noticing they need help with something, random comment about how pretty they look in those clothes (it's not like Player has seen every outfit they own yet), cheering them up, etc...

That last one especially makes me want to talk about one last point: not every day will be 100% sunshine and rainbow. Some coworker or random passerby may have been a prick, maybe 2 characters got in an argument or there was some misunderstanding... stuff like that. People aren't perfect and you can hurt another's feelings without noticing. That + reconciliation is just as (if not more) important than the peaceful daily lives... especially since with reconciliation come greater mutual understanding and trust. It also opens up the way to making up for it by spending time together, going somewhere as well as asking for advice, etc etc. Having a few flaws makes characters that much more endearing and relatable.
Regarding your last point: I'm not a big fan of drama, of course there will be more "Not so happy stuff" but I prefer the 99% sunshine and rainbow. One of the girls could have a bad day because of something that MC could not help with and then will come to MC to ask for comfort, the other way around not so much. I want my MC to be the one that cheers the girls up so they open up to him more.

To applesauce: I already told you on my discord that I appreciate your feedback. The fact that hscenes don't contain much dialogue ( especially with Sandra ) is that she is still very inexperienced and insecure for all sexual stuff. She is slowly getting there but remember that it has been what, seven days since she first had sex with MC? Because my game works on a daily basis I won't rush these things. A person like Sandra will become more active and bolt in coming updates regarding sex.

Now dialogue in general in hscenes...Hm, I'm not a big fan of that personally. I will surely expand on the current one but it will probably never be a 500 lines of dialogue thing. MC will be more vocal and persons like Sandra will be once they dropped their shyness completely.

For the animations I'm often limited due to using honey select, I can't really customize them that much so I'm mostly stuck with stock animations. I try to make the best out of them and include at least two for every sex scene, one slower with more motion and one faster that will conclude the climax. I'll see if I can find other ways to do this better ( like different angles etc ).

Edit: You'll see in 0.7 how majorly different the characters are in terms of sexuality though. For example, Maddie will be very different compared to Sandra. More upfront, more direct and with a lot more confidence. This will also happen over time with Sandra but someone like Maddie will be more obvious.

Last edited:

padder

May 5, 2018
I can't get the walkthrough mod to work. I downloaded it, and tossed it in the game folder. It doesn't replace any files though, and its impossible to extract.

Any help would be appreciated, heck even acknowledgement that someone else had the same problem would be cool.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I can't get the walkthrough mod to work. I downloaded it, and tossed it in the game folder. It doesn't replace any files though, and its impossible to extract.

Any help would be appreciated, heck even acknowledgement that someone else had the same problem would be cool.
walkthrough mods often just add a descriptive text to the choices to show what is what

padder

May 5, 2018
walkthrough mods often just add a descriptive text to the choices to show what is what
Aye, but mine doesn't. No change of color, no descriptions. Been taking the Dev's advice, pick the top choice. :p So far it seems to be working.

Reactions: Killer7

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Regarding your last point: I'm not a big fan of drama, of course there will be more "Not so happy stuff" but I prefer the 99% sunshine and rainbow. One of the girls could have a bad day because of something that MC could not help with and then will come to MC to ask for comfort, the other way around not so much. I want my MC to be the one that cheers the girls up so they open up to him more.
Oh don't get me wrong, I also like wholesome stories quite a bit. They're hard to write though, since it's not easy to keep the readers invested. What I meant with "not so happy stuff" was for instance Lucy getting angry that one time at Player, then later apologising. It shows how insecure she truly is in a "show, don't tell" fashion. That's a huge plus. There's also Maddie who didn't like not being told stuff or being lied to. Nothing heavy or overly dramatic, but enough to give them character and engage us more in the story. The unexpected gives life much needed spice.

Speaking of, Sandra has been receiving little of that lately. We're told she's welcoming and such, which she definitely was at first. But now, she mostly cooks, watches TV, has sexy time and introduces a new plot element. Little else. You want Player to cheer the "broken" girls up but in Sandra's case, it could be the opposite - lending her ear to Player to cheer him up. She's pretty much the only "sane", non-traumatised girl so it'd make sense her dynamic would be different. She'd be Player's "oasis" of sorts, time spent with her would be his haven of tranquility, relaxing to tackle a brand new day in high spirits without breaking... which I think was what you were going for in the first place.

This is what I meant. Not drama, just your average daily life conundrum. (like we're having right now? :p )

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Oh don't get me wrong, I also like wholesome stories quite a bit. They're hard to write though, since it's not easy to keep the readers invested. What I meant with "not so happy stuff" was for instance Lucy getting angry that one time at Player, then later apologising. It shows how insecure she truly is in a "show, don't tell" fashion. That's a huge plus. There's also Maddie who didn't like not being told stuff or being lied to. Nothing heavy or overly dramatic, but enough to give them character and engage us more in the story. The unexpected gives life much needed spice.

Speaking of, Sandra has been receiving little of that lately. We're told she's welcoming and such, which she definitely was at first. But now, she mostly cooks, watches TV, has sexy time and introduces a new plot element. Little else. You want Player to cheer the "broken" girls up but in Sandra's case, it could be the opposite - lending her ear to Player to cheer him up. She's pretty much the only "sane", non-traumatised girl so it'd make sense her dynamic would be different. She'd be Player's "oasis" of sorts, time spent with her would be his haven of tranquility, relaxing to tackle a brand new day in high spirits without breaking... which I think was what you were going for in the first place.

This is what I meant. Not drama, just your average daily life conundrum. (like we're having right now? :p )
Oh sandra will find her ways to brighten up MC's mood, I have some of that stuff already written for 0.7 ^^.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017

Killahseven

And see.. that's a helpful critique of something. A position was stated and backed up with examples and helpful suggestions. I think a lot of people mix up valid reviews/critiques with their own personal point of views/preferences.

If all you're adding to the conversation is "well, I didn't like it because it didn't have enough stuff I liked in it" or "this type of story and genre isn't my cup of tea and up to my liking" and assuming everyone else has that point of view or opinion, all you've added is... your own personal tastes/preferences/desires/opinions on something. Which is worth what exactly? Does a developer change the entire way they do something, write, create, etc to cater to one person's personal desires and wishes? No, that'd be ludicrous and absurd.

Of course you're free to have your own point of view and opinions on things, doesn't mean they're always going to be valuable or helpful to people though ;)

Reactions: applesauce

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Killahseven

And see.. that's a helpful critique of something. A position was stated and backed up with examples and helpful suggestions. I think a lot of people mix up valid reviews/critiques with their own personal point of views/preferences.

If all you're adding to the conversation is "well, I didn't like it because it didn't have enough stuff I liked in it" or "this type of story and genre isn't my cup of tea and up to my liking" and assuming everyone else has that point of view or opinion, all you've added is... your own personal tastes/preferences/desires/opinions on something. Which is worth what exactly? Does a developer change the entire way they do something, write, create, etc to cater to one person's personal desires and wishes? No, that'd be ludicrous and absurd.

Of course you're free to have your own point of view and opinions on things, doesn't mean they're always going to be valuable or helpful to people though ;)
Oh no I valued that feedback very highly. Constructive feedback helps me to see flaws that other people tend to overlook, that's why I'm thankful for the insight applesauce gave me ( and also explained how the game will move forward in that direction ).

But like you said, as soon as it gets too personal the feedback stops being constructive and is only based on a personal experience. Pointing out flaws just for the sake of pointing out flaws is never a nice thing to do imo that's why, like I said, is the feedback from applesauce pretty good.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

Good evening you cute people!

As you may have seen I released the first beta of 0.7 already. This beta contains the very important first day - important for two certain girls!

This means that the development of 0.7 is already going nicely. I expect the next beta sometimes next week - fingers crossed for that!

The plan for 0.7 is to progress the relationships a lot with the girls you are currently in a relationship with. This mainly means that Maddie and Becca will get more attention this time than they did in 0.6. This doesn't mean that other girls won't get as much attention though, there will be lots of new stuff with Sandra for example.

I will also introduce two new sidegirls with 0.7 - or at least I try to. That is not set in stone yet, you'll see them when you play it.

All in all development is going great and I am amazed by the support you guys have been giving me on patreon lately - So thank you so much for that! 0.7 will be a huge step forward in terms of love ( and the things that come with love..).

Hope you guys have a wonderful week, I'll see you for the next update!

Reactions: ZenPath

TJ03

Jan 20, 2018
And at current pace he’s averaging a day of gameplay every 5-6 days so 15 dollar patreons get new content then, with 5 dollar patreons always being one game day behind except for 6th day which both get at end of month a few day’s before public. So around this weekend day 2 of .7 be out for 15 patreons and 5 will get first day

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes